★☆★ The Official "I got my Galaxy Nexus" Thread ★☆★

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Second day with my Nexus, love it so far. Quite the upgrade from my first gen droid. Still getting used to not having a keyboard, but the screen on this thing is so big typing is pretty easy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Congrats!! Best of luck with it!! :)

comk4ver

Reaction score
Seriously!

No really I just got mine upgraded from a droid x!
It's beautiful!
Glad I got mine and kept my unlimited plan!
*Doing the Homer*
DancingNexusilovedfDancingNexus

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
No really I just got mine upgraded from a droid x!
It's beautiful!
Glad I got mine and kept my unlimited plan!
*Doing the Homer*

Nice to see people still purchasing the Galaxy Nexus. Its still a great device and its the only Nexus on Verizon (and most likely will be for a while), which is also a huge plus. Best phone I've ever had and there still isn't another Verizon phone I would trade it for.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Think that the same thing that happened with the original droid will happened to this one. It took Verizon what four years to try a vanilla phone again. May cause people to jump ship again.
patmw123 said:
Nice to see people still purchasing the Galaxy Nexus. Its still a great device and its the only Nexus on Verizon (and most likely will be for a while), which is also a huge plus. Best phone I've ever had and there still isn't another Verizon phone I would trade it for.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I tried a Droid 2, Droid Pro, and Droid X directly after my OG. While I did appreciate the improved power of the newer devices, I always found myself happiest with the OG Droid because of its openness and of course it featuring vanilla Android.

linux83

Reaction score
After a year of headaches with the Bionic I broke down and got a Nexus (was waiting to see if Big Red would get the Nexus 4)! Man have I been missing out! I'm in love with this phone and now know what people mean when they say they'll only go Nexus!

hemdroid23

Reaction score
I just ordered a Nexus w/extended battery for work. I have a Razr for my personal phone. Just wondering how much different the Nexus is to the Razr. I know it comes with JB. But my Razr is spotty good, and bad. Hoping JB update on Razr will fix some issues. Kinda excited to try it.

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
Well, better late then never! I have been so caught up with life I forgot about this place, which was my one of my favorite forums when I had a Droid2.. I upgraded for the Gnex right before unlimited data went away this summer with Verizon.. I ran vanilla until JB came out then have been on AOKP nightlies ever since and loving this phone more an dmore every day, so glad I picked it over the GS3 !!!

DancingNexus

azdrifter

Reaction score
Well I got my hands on the Bionic a few weeks after the release and had a Great experience with it I'm really going to miss the ability to switch roms on the fly with the safestrap3.5 recovery. But I am excited and very happy so far with my Gnex and I rooted it and rom,d it the same day i got it and after running codename android and the Xenon roms i'm using JBSourcery 4.1 rom with the trinity kernal and loving it right now I'm really happy with the ability to customize this phone to my liking.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I got my hands on the Bionic a few weeks after the release and had a Great experience with it I'm really going to miss the ability to switch roms on the fly with the safestrap3.5 recovery. But I am excited and very happy so far with my Gnex and I rooted it and rom,d it the same day i got it and after running codename android and the Xenon roms i'm using JBSourcery 4.1 rom with the trinity kernal and loving it right now I'm really happy with the ability to customize this phone to my liking.
Show off :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2