So Who's Actually Happy with their TB?

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I was happy but now it keeps freezing and I have to reboot it at least twice a day plus it won't pair with my navigation system. I wish I would have waited til this summer now.

Sherry

Reaction score
Walked out with the first TB on the day it was released ... loved it immediately and still do. Like others the battery could last longer and make me happier (and I was fussing about the media volumn the other day and realized I had set the default down lower for some reason, my bad).

acemaker

Reaction score
My wife has had no issues what soever

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jaxenroth

Reaction score
Came from a dx and have had zero issues. Had some minor 4g issues with my 1st phone, got it replaced with a new one (not refurb) than came to find out the 4g tower by my house was messed up. VZW fix the tower and I got a new phone out of the deal. Otherwise the phone rocks. Rooted it and I'm running bamf 1.6.3 remix (wasn't a fan of 1.7) with imo's sp 2.5 kernel. I got the cheap 1700 mah batteries from Amazon(yes there the real deal) and my phone is the tits. I can get 16hrs outta the battery with moderate use. Never ever had a reboot issue. The up date VZW pushed wad a radio up date. I had it on my phone before they released it. For those with reboot issues, root your phone, its easy and not scary. Debloat if your not willing to run a custom Rom. And you see a major difference.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Started out loving my phone even with its little imperfections but then the reboot hit! Hated it! Our relationship needed help so I called in the root doctor! It gave us complete control ,some new wares and now we are back on track with no hiccups!

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Started out loving my phone even with its little imperfections but then the reboot hit! Hated it! Our relationship needed help so I called in the root doctor! It gave us complete control ,some new wares and now we are back on track with no hiccups!

Gotta love the root doctor! He has salvaged many relationships ...

wesdo2gg

Reaction score
I'm currently stuck a crossroads with my TB. Every couple days my phone will do the reboot and I keep telling myself that HTC is going to make it all better. I LOVE my TB already, so trading it in is not an option. However, a few days ago I setup ADB on my mac and am thinking about doing the root / rom before HTC sends out an OTA that will fix these issues. I want them fixed, but I don't know if I have what it takes to wait for them to go ahead with the OTA. I've held out rooting & rom'ing this phone longer than any other device I've owned, and I'm not sure how much longer I can take not having it rooted since everyone says rooting helps the reboots.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
It isn't so much the rooting but a different radio. When I rooted it helped a little but still had a few a day but after I put a custom ROM and installed the recommended radio for it, no problems.

UNC

Reaction score
ADW & Launcher Pro both address that. But yeah, memory was the biggest reason to retire my D1. Didn't like having to decide which apps to remove so I could try something else, & apps2sd was never really ready for primetime. I fired up my D1 once after I got my X, and market froze because I had too many apps.

You must have well over 200 apps... I could still use my D1 for everything I need, it had no errors since launch. Sadly, I just gave it to my brother to replace his....

OP
Murker

Murker

Reaction score
Well I would like to say thanks for all the comments.

It seems the pro's far out weigh the cons. I think my wait for the Bionic/Targa/Whatever is going to stop and I'll be ordering a TB probably within a few days.

I've been holding out, and holding out and it's just getting out of hand at this point. I think the fact I have access to all the incredibly smart people on these forums, in a way, made my decision harder, lol.

I'm going to pull the trigger, but I'm going to wait until a few days before my billing cycle ends on 6/20 so I can just charge it to my account and get it so it shows up on my next bill.

Now just to decide if I need to upgrade to a family plan now or wait to hear details on tiered data plans.....

Thanks everybody!

hookedondroid

Reaction score
The TB is a great device. My complaints are all about little minor things (with the battery life being the biggest). Once you learn how to turn off 4G until you need it, that issue is resolved.

Another annoyance, is that they have the kickstand pull out on bottom, which is the same side that you have to plug in the charger or USB, meaning when you're watching and charging at the same time your screen is askew. :)

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They should've either put charger port on bottom of device or made kickstand open from the other side.

I just had an idea. If I could take apart my tbolt and see if I can stiffen spring on kickstand and machine it to expose speaker. This way you can use the kickstand as is..just lean it on the other side. It would be strong enough to support the phone and charger would be on top.

ridin the lightning

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reboot issue is sparse. Some have it worse. I've had 3 then rooted and flashed bamf and have had 0. God works great. I love mine. The haters make me love it more

ridin the lightning

Yup, mine rebooted it on its own with the stock rom.

After installing DASBamf, no more random reboots, ever.

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My wife picked up the TB in March and I think she has been mostly happy with the device. She upgraded from the Eris, which had issues from the beginning, so the TB did not have much to live up to. The only real issue with the TB is the battery life, but this has only come up recently. For the first couple months she would get through the day (7AM-9PM) with no issues, but now she can barely make it to 5PM without having to charge it up. I don't think she has made any significant usage changes, so it is a bit of a mystery as to why the sudden issue. I've been toying with it on occasion to try and improve the battery life, and while my changes seem to fix things for a couple days, eventually we are back to the poor battery life. My next fix will be showing her how to switch between 4G and 3G and hopefully that yields huge improvements.

All of that said, compared to my rooted OG Droid, the TB is an amazing device. 4G feels quicker than our home cable internet, and the phone never seems to lag when switching between screens or apps.