New tb owners!!!

Tunkacho

Reaction score
Only problem with my FIRST TB was an error that prevented me from accessing gmail or the market. I tried everything....to no avail. Verizon just released a product announcement today that several TBs were shipped with mismatched MEID and IMEI numbers....which, little did I know, was the reason for the failure.

Took it to VzW today, they replaced it and BAM, working like a champ. Love this phone...it's awesome!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only problem with my FIRST TB was an error that prevented me from accessing gmail or the market. I tried everything....to no avail. Verizon just released a product announcement today that several TBs were shipped with mismatched MEID and IMEI numbers....which, little did I know, was the reason for the failure.

Took it to VzW today, they replaced it and BAM, working like a champ. Love this phone...it's awesome!

Thanks for telling us. Where you able to send text messages fine? Mine only screws up at night and I think me and Megan are having the same problem. My market and Gail are fine though and texts from gvoice work fine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reaction score
my phone was fine everyday/night since i got it... the exception is today. i would like to think that it's because verizon is working on getting 4g in my area and that's screwing up the network but i'm not sure. i read a few articles that said that network issues were the reason why the thunderbolt got delayed in the first place. not sure how much truth there is to what i read but it makes sense based on what i've seen today

Tunkacho

Reaction score
Yep, could do everything else, no problem. I could access gmail via web, send sms and just about everything else. I would have sworn that it was on OS problem. Guess not.

androidgeek

Reaction score
Anyone know if root will let you turn off e911 location? That icon gets on my nerves. I keep thinking GPS is on.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
@megan, @tunkacho
I hope it is too. I want to try these 4G speeds everyone is getting excited about! I'll probably go bug verizon again if it starts to happen often or migrates into the day time.

@androidgeek
The only thing that I've seen to get rid of it was a work around @bgill55 did I think he replaced the gps icon with a transparen image so it gave the illusion of it going away lol. This requires roots I believe.

Reaction score
now i'm getting 4g... is my phone only going to get service when i'm at work?

lol sorry you are having trouble. maybe it knows you dont like work so it is playing with your head.

it doesn't make any sense. it was perfect wednesday, i had 4g at work and 3g at home then it decided to give me 1x at work then switched back to 4g then was 1x at home, but still gave me service, then it wouldn't do anything. i'll wait a week and see what happens then give verizon a call and find out why i'm having network issues. or do i do that sooner?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
now i'm getting 4g... is my phone only going to get service when i'm at work?

lol sorry you are having trouble. maybe it knows you dont like work so it is playing with your head.

it doesn't make any sense. it was perfect wednesday, i had 4g at work and 3g at home then it decided to give me 1x at work then switched back to 4g then was 1x at home, but still gave me service, then it wouldn't do anything. i'll wait a week and see what happens then give verizon a call and find out why i'm having network issues. or do i do that sooner?

If its really bugging you I'd do it sooner. That sounds like an annoying problem.

electric6

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm down here in dirty san
antonio on a business trip, I'm getting 18-20mbps down and a hilarious 44mbps up on their delicious LTE network. Best phone purchase ever! Wish east texas had lte....

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
antonio on a business trip, I'm getting 18-20mbps down and a hilarious 44mbps up on their delicious LTE network. Best phone purchase ever! Wish east texas had lte....

Awesome specs.

I got a 40 up once. Niiiice....

Tunkacho

Reaction score

Awesome specs.

I got a 40 up once. Niiiice....

Stinks that Austin doesn't have 4g unless at the airport. Aside from not hitting 4G yet, love the phone. Any preferred apps for measuring dl speeds?