So Who's Actually Happy with their TB?

zr1fan09

Reaction score
i love the tb just got it a couple days ago rooted and put bamf 1.7 on it so smooth. i should say that i just came from an og droid running gingerbread and even with froyo the thunderbolt is so much snappier and i have had zero problems with the phone. i just wish it had an hdmi port but oh well id recommended it over the bionic because the bionic will have locked bootloader and will be unlikely that it gets a lot of root support from developers. after saying that if you do get thunderbolt ROOT IT!! it helps battery life so much

zr1fan09

Reaction score
I bought a Thunderbolt after owning a Droid 1, and I have to say I was never really impressed by my Droid. Sure, the first month of owning your first smartphone is nice but I felt it was lacking in a lot of areas. Coming from that, the Thunderbolt is generations ahead in my opinion.

The only issue I have ever encountered with my phone has been the random reboots, and that just started after the last update. I have confidence it will be resolved, and once Gingerbread releases things will get even better. I never have had any battery issues with my Bolt either, which is surprising given the amount of people that have had such bad luck with it. Oh, and it's super fast too, and I haven't even rooted it!

rooting fixes the reboots and helps battery life even more!

smolander

Reaction score
Liking the Thunderbolt

I just picked up my Thunderbolt yesterday. Upgraded from an OG Droid and spent a ton of time reading the forums, talking with new users, talking with reps at several Verizon stores and other resellers and made the decision to go with the TB.

I'm loving this thing!!! The processor speed is amazing compared to the OG Droid! I picked up an app to turn off the 4G and have been using the phone heavily so far today (Sirius/XM stream for 30 minutes, three phone calls, alot of market surving and setting ajustment and at 2 pm I still have 45% of the battery left.). I really like the contact linking, integration of weather into calendar, new email application and the Sense loader (though I may still look at a new loader). And no rebooting ...

This phone has exceeded my expectations. I think I made the right choice of this over the Charge.

I've been around these forums for a few months and see a lot of TB issues that seem to be driving owners nuts.

How many of you are actually HAPPY with your Thunderbolt and wouldn't trade it for the world? (At least until you can upgrade next....)

My wait for the Bionic is getting thin and everytime I see a TB....Iw ant one, but then I remember some things that I read here.

My cell phone is my ONLY phone, so if the reboot issue isn't resolved, there's no way I could get a TB...

But I still want one!

Kid A

Reaction score

True, but I am skeptical of rooting. I rooted my Droid and while I saw some marked improvements for a month or two, I killed it in the long run. I couldn't find a suitable rom for my phone that balanced performance and reliability. Bugless Beast was super fast, but when I was running it I was constantly worried my Droid was going to overheat. Sapphire was less volatile but not fast enough. Overclocking really didn't have a great effect on battery life either, and some roms were absolute battery drainers (I guess this is why the battery life on my Bolt doesn't bother me haha).

So yeah, there are definitely benefits to rooting but it's just not for me. I never bricked my Droid but I don't want to run the risk of ruining a device I aim to hang on to for at least a year.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I love the phone and have no problem with it.

PikaCane

Reaction score
It's interesting. At first, the TB felt amazingly faster than the OG. Now, comparing them, I think it's more a 'which is faster at what' kind of thing. Although, the OG is running an incredibly minimalistic launcher, and the TB is unrooted stock, so it's having to haul around Sense. I guess I just need to root and find a ROM the Bolt likes ;-)

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
I strongly recommend the Liquid Rom for TB, it rocked my TB, EVERYTHING simply WORKS, Battery is great, I absolutely cannot regret going from DX to TB, altthough DX will be here in the BAckground as backup til I decide to Sell it..

tc3

Reaction score
I'm not...the bugs,rebooting,loss of data services,sub par reception(indoors atleast) has really irritated me about this phone.

Not to mention Verizon's attitude about it...I've dealt with them several times and the out come eventually is that we just have to deal with until a software fix(if it can even be fixed) is released.

unacceptable.....I don't know about other people but I cant have a phone that is totally unreliable.

PARADIGM

Reaction score
Got mine this week. Upgraded from the OG Droid. Love the thing. No reboots. Battery isn't the best but it's not the worst. Lasts as long as my OG did. No root, 4G on all the time. My biggest battery killer is always the display lol. It's a really slick phone and I believe it will will only continue to get better with updates!

GDP

Reaction score
Picked mine up yesterday. I love this thing. No problems whatsoever, and the battery is about the same as my Fascinate was, which isn't too bad really

Kid A

Reaction score
Never had a reboot problem, not rooted. Use the hotspot feature all day everyday without issue, Thunderbolt is an awesome phone. dancedroid

It is an awesome phone. Really I'm just using this post as an excuse to comment on your amazing profile picture. Long live the macho king... :hail:

Dylandroid21

Reaction score
Loving It!

Honestly, I'm loving my TB. Not rooted yet, but it runs all my apps great, I've NEVER had it reboot, and its blazing fast. Owned droid 1, droid x, htc incredible. This beats them all, both in appearances and usage, IMO.

Only CONS: The battery life & lack of gingerbread (when will I finally see gingerbread!?!!)

chevytough

Reaction score

True, but I am skeptical of rooting. I rooted my Droid and while I saw some marked improvements for a month or two, I killed it in the long run. I couldn't find a suitable rom for my phone that balanced performance and reliability. Bugless Beast was super fast, but when I was running it I was constantly worried my Droid was going to overheat. Sapphire was less volatile but not fast enough. Overclocking really didn't have a great effect on battery life either, and some roms were absolute battery drainers (I guess this is why the battery life on my Bolt doesn't bother me haha).

So yeah, there are definitely benefits to rooting but it's just not for me. I never bricked my Droid but I don't want to run the risk of ruining a device I aim to hang on to for at least a year.

U couldn't find a rom for ur droid?? Did u try chevyno1's ss roms?
I've ran his since I got my droid
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

UNC

Reaction score
I had to return it and go back to iPhone/Droid, the battery and the 4g constantly dropping were killers. VZW might have a huge problem with that, every 15 minutes it has to reconnect atleast once to 4g making streaming media a nightmare!!!! Also the lack of HDMI and not being netflix compatible are pretty lame. Droid overlooked to 1.1ghz is just as fast and the battery lasts longer!!!!

Will definitely wait for MOTO.

Sherrys87

Reaction score
REALLY LOVE my Thunderbolt !

So a lot of happy and/or content campers for the TB.

I'll be honest, I'm terrified of getting one and having this reboot issue. I'm not made of $$ and my cell is my only phone besides my work cell phone. I NEED it to work lol. I know you all do too.

I'm just thinking I'm going to wait until this reboot issues is fully resolved or I'll pick one up right before the tiered data kicks in. That is, if they give us a warning of when it gos into effect.

Lol, this is nuts. All I've done for the past 3 days is think about if I want to get this phone or not.

VZW....You are evil.....pure evil.

Don't be terrified. If you have that reboot issue, just take it back to good ol Verizon...
That said, Got the phone on day one, and have not had a reboot.
The hiccups on mine have been battery life and occasional programs stalling...but that is really my only complaint. And that can be fixed.

I LOVE my Thunderbolt; it is not yet rooted. So far so good.dancedroid

I loved my original Mo Droid, but this is unbelievably better.

Not a techie....where's my phone.