Swype problems

IcellSofas

Reaction score
So I bought my thunderbolt last week. I downloaded swype beta a few days ago. Now this morning when I would text it wouldn't process the word. It would beep and nothing would happen. NOW, I cannot access the beta. Website from either my iPad or TB, and it wont let me login to my gmail account on my TB. Do you think this is a beta issue or my phone. I am this close to taking it back, so far it has been the most stubborn phone I have ever used.

solarliving

Reaction score
I had to install the english/spanish version of swype to get it to work consistently. the full version only worked intermittently.

OP
I

IcellSofas

Reaction score
I did the same. Now I can't get it to re-install after resetting. I can't get the website to even come up now.

bmcglone

Reaction score
I have the English/Spanish version, and I have to Generate the license every 4-6 hours to keep Swype working. Very frustrating.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

putrfixr

Reaction score
I beleive if you press the screen in the text area, you'll be prompted for an input type. Selct the opposite of Swype and try that. Once that's done, do it again and select Swype.

Should fix most things..

bmcglone

Reaction score
The swype keyboard comes up, I just cannot swype. I have to enter each letter like a standard keyboard.

techguru

Reaction score
This is a known bug detailed and much discussed on the beta site and here. After a reboot, swype stops swyping. Switch to a different keyboard and switch back and it will work until the next reboot.

neimand

Reaction score
I had the same problem where it wouldnt swype, it was the hotboot that was the problem for me, once i unchecked that its been fine, hotboot messes up a lot of apps but yet hotboot never sped up the reboot on my tbolt for some reason