Swype beta

unnormaldude68

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have been using swype beta for my droid 3. However, now that there is an update, I cannot continue using swype. The installer now does not allow this phone to download the new swype beta. Is there a leaked apk of the new beta I can use? Or does someone have a copy of the preinstalled apk? I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this problem.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I'm having the same problem I think we're just going to have to wait till they work out the issue.

Swyped and sent through the interwebz directly to you from somewhere and some device that doesn't concern you!

sarreq

Reaction score
you can't use the beta on a phone pre-installed with Swype, UNLESS you root your phone and move the system's version out of the system/apps folder first. then reboot before trying to install the beta again.

don't delete the system version, you'll need it again if you want OTA system updates afterwards.

sorry, didn't read that right the first time. have you tried a compete uninstall/reinstall of Swype?

Last edited:

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Ok, I totally didn't think of that! Go into root explorer and delete everything Swype. Then uninstall the installer. Then reinstall the installer and install Skype just like you would from scratch. I know sarreq was thinking from stock but just make sure there is nothing from Swype there. Never been like that before but that's the dealz! :)

Swyped and sent through the interwebz directly to you from somewhere and some device that doesn't concern you!

OP
U

unnormaldude68

Reaction score
I was hesitant to uninstall, but it worked. I used Titanium Backup to backup first, then simply uninstalled. The installer worked like a charm and I am now running 3.26 beta. Thanks guys!