rubiX Focused 1.6

GTvert90

Reaction score
I can vouch for doing a "clean" install to fix battery life issues.

Its a PITA getting the apps you want again.. but write down the important ones first. I didn't let google restore either. And the only thing I did restore from Titanium was only the data for angry birds.

My issues seem to have been resolved. Tho I haven't had a "normal" day yet. we'll see tomorrow.

Seems to be working fine... sounds weird.. but could you install focused again without wiping data/cache to see if that makes a difference?

Did you quote the wrong post? lol I thought of that tho. I'll give it a try.

Only "mods" that I've done are blue juice for 1.6 and a couple meta morphs ill give it a go and see what happens.

sephtin

Reaction score
I can vouch for doing a "clean" install to fix battery life issues.

Its a PITA getting the apps you want again.. but write down the important ones first. I didn't let google restore either. And the only thing I did restore from Titanium was only the data for angry birds.

My issues seem to have been resolved. Tho I haven't had a "normal" day yet. we'll see tomorrow.

Seems to be working fine... sounds weird.. but could you install focused again without wiping data/cache to see if that makes a difference?

Did you quote the wrong post? lol I thought of that tho. I'll give it a try.

Only "mods" that I've done are blue juice for 1.6 and a couple meta morphs ill give it a go and see what happens.

I'm sure I probably did.. lol.. working on launcher2 patch with 1/2 my brain at the moment... :p

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Someone in another post (not sure where right this second) mentioned using clockwork to wipe the davlik cache and battery stats in the advanced menu and that it resulted in improved battery performance. Perhaps this is why the full sbf and multiple write method has worked for people.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

v4npro

Reaction score
Someone in another post (not sure where right this second) mentioned using clockwork to wipe the davlik cache and battery stats in the advanced menu and that it resulted in improved battery performance. Perhaps this is why the full sbf and multiple write method has worked for people.

Would wiping the davlik cache and battery stats in clockwork cause problems if I try to boot back in rubix? or do I have to reflash rubix?

Inkarnit

Reaction score
No problems at all. Your initial boot after may be slower than normal. That's all. Can't hurt.

mr_brady

Reaction score
Question about Emergency Contacts

On other ROMs and the stock ROM, on the lock screen there is a button for Emergency Contacts (not just Emergency Call).

Is this part of Blur, or do I simply need to enable an option somewhere?

Thank you!

ngsm13

Reaction score
Please help!!

I did SBF, rerooted, bootstrapped, reboot recovery, wiped everything.

Now I reboot and I'm stuck @ Motorola Logo. How do I fix this :(

sephtin

Reaction score

batt pull, when you put the battery back in, hold the home button until you see the M logo.
It should boot into android recovery, when you see the little droid with the ! in a triangle, hit the search button on the phone.
From there, wipe data and cache again, then reboot.

Should get you back in to Focused.

thepolishguy

Reaction score

Ummm - I am thinking SBF to fix that situation. I am sure someone else will chime in to confirm. But you don't want to wipe everything in recovery and then reboot. If you wipe everything and then reboot - yo0u have no system to reboot into. If you wipe everything I am pretty sure you have to install something before you reboot.

I am pretty new at this- so we will wait for the experts.

sephtin

Reaction score
On other ROMs and the stock ROM, on the lock screen there is a button for Emergency Contacts (not just Emergency Call).

Is this part of Blur, or do I simply need to enable an option somewhere?

Thank you!

Don't know of an option for this in Focused. Don't know if this is available in AOSP.. I'm guessing it's a blur feature.

sephtin

Reaction score

Ummm - I am thinking SBF to fix that situation. I am sure someone else will chime in to confirm. But you don't want to wipe everything in recovery and then reboot. If you wipe everything and then reboot - yo0u have no system to reboot into. If you wipe everything I am pretty sure you have to install something before you reboot.

I am pretty new at this- so we will wait for the experts.

Ahh, good catch. Yea, if "wiped everything" includes system, then you wiped the whole works. I also don't see a step in there that a ROM was loaded... (?)
You need to have something loaded. :S

If you didn't wipe /system, then you're fine, just follow the stuff I posted about 3 posts back, and you'll be ok. Otherwise, you need to .sbf.

ngsm13

Reaction score

batt pull, when you put the battery back in, hold the home button until you see the M logo.
It should boot into android recovery, when you see the little droid with the ! in a triangle, hit the search button on the phone.
From there, wipe data and cache again, then reboot.

Should get you back in to Focused.
Tried that, but when I press the search button it does nothing. Tried multiple times after a battery pull.

So I went into bootloader, SBF'd again, and started over. Got it up and running now, thanks!