[ROM] Bionic Eclipse ICS v1.2 - 11/3/12

deduct

Reaction score
ScottyDsntKnow said:
I know you need safestrap to install this, any way to make a bootstrap version? I ask because I want to be able to use the lapdock I am getting and safestrap messes with it. You have to be in non-safe mode for it to work but bootstrap works great with it.

Hmmm. I am able to use my adapter to hook up to my TV and go into either web top mode or mirror mode without any problems while using safe strap. My wife's razr is using safe strap and eclipse rom as well and able to do the same with no problems. So your lap dock should be able to work with safe strap installed. What kind of message are you getting?

Reaction score
Maybe it was old news... I would obviously MUCH rather use safestrap but I've heard in multiple threads that safestrap safe mode locks up the lapdock. Like it connects but you can't use anything. I'll have to find out when my lapdock and bionic both come in. I really want to have it for the road, I might not even put a rom on the phone if I can't get full functionality out of it. I've had pretty good luck with my wife's Droid 3 on the stock rom rooted with all the bloatware frozen and an aftermarket launcher so w/e.

deduct

Reaction score
ScottyDsntKnow said:
Maybe it was old news... I would obviously MUCH rather use safestrap but I've heard in multiple threads that safestrap safe mode locks up the lapdock. Like it connects but you can't use anything. I'll have to find out when my lapdock and bionic both come in. I really want to have it for the road, I might not even put a rom on the phone if I can't get full functionality out of it. I've had pretty good luck with my wife's Droid 3 on the stock rom rooted with all the bloatware frozen and an aftermarket launcher so w/e.

I think you'll be fine with eclipse and lap dock. Like I said , web top mode works fine while I'm running eclipse.

deduct

Reaction score
Andrewandrax said:
can eclipse rom be used on a phone other than a motorolla? (like an alcatel or samsung?)

Only if its a ROM made for that phone. Let's say you try to flash eclipse for bionic on a Samsung gs3. You will hard brick. And maybe not even be able to recover. That's a big no-no. ONLY flash ROMs that are specifically made for your phone.

Reaction score
All roms are phone specific, even the same rom for different phones. Like back when the DX was big and new I remember a TON of ppl who did not read directions hard bricked their phones trying to install Apex and Rubix and Liberty for the D2 onto the DX and vice versa... Heck I even remember the .232 Froyo leak escapade that happened Dec 2010. So many hard bricks forcing TBH to release the full SBF.

Whatever phone you have, go to that forum and get a rom for that phone and make sure you are on the right OS.

And deduct, thanks for the heads up, good to know I didn't just waste $70 on a lapdock since I am loathe to leave my devices stock when they can run ever so much better on a custom rom. Better battery liffe, faster, more options etc...

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Maybe it was old news... I would obviously MUCH rather use safestrap but I've heard in multiple threads that safestrap safe mode locks up the lapdock.
I can personally say I have not had this issue with the Eclipse ROM while running Safestrap. I use my lapdock for work related stuff like remote desktop access, as well as for reading and writing, and playing any games I can pair with my PS3 controller. And everything so far has been running great.

Hope that helps clear your mind my friend.

Reaction score
This is so what I wanted to hear. Nothing like Mario kart with a ps3 controller. Now ill be able to powerslide properly lol.

deduct

Reaction score
Ahhhh yes. Good ol Mario kart. I can hear the music now.

ghodgso1

Reaction score
Signature verification failed

Really having trouble with this. Now before you all go getting upset, I already did a lot of forum searching.

First I tried the volume and power button method into recovery to apply the ROM, the error happens every time.

Then I tried clockwork mod. Maybe I'm using it wrong, I don't think so, but it didn't work.

Downloaded the safestrap file someone posted on here, no idea what the heck that is doing.

I've flashed ROMs probably about 5 times before and can't figure this out, maybe I need to redownload the file. I'm definitely not a pro at and really could use some help. Any suggestions?

THanks

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You should be using safestrap ics 3.05

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Really having trouble with this. Now before you all go getting upset, I already did a lot of forum searching. First I tried the volume and power button method into recovery to apply the ROM, the error happens every time. Then I tried clockwork mod. Maybe I'm using it wrong, I don't think so, but it didn't work. Downloaded the safestrap file someone posted on here, no idea what the heck that is doing. I've flashed ROMs probably about 5 times before and can't figure this out, maybe I need to redownload the file. I'm definitely not a pro at and really could use some help. Any suggestions?

THanks
It sounds to me like you just downloaded Safestrap and just let it sit on your phone, not actually installing it. So here we go, I'll give you a step by step run down of how to get this up and running on your phone. :)

1. Root your phone using Razr's Edge.
2. Verify that your phone is set up to install apps from Unknown Sources.
3. Download Safestrap.
4. Browse to the downloaded Safestrap file using a file manager, open it and install it.
5. After that, open Safestrap up like you would a normal app on your phone.
6. Go through the disclaimer. From there, click on "Install Recovery". When it's completed, the status will say "Installed" on it.
--
7. Verify that the Eclipse .zip file is on your actual SD Card (in the "sdcard-ext" directory).
8. Power down your phone and reboot like normal.
--
9. On boot up, you'll see a new splash screen asking if you want to run Safestrap (Menu Recovery) or "Continue" with regular boot up. Select the Menu for Recovery option.
10. Once in Safestrap, click on "Boot Options".
11. Click on rom-slot1, select the size of your partition (if you like to keep apps "internally, select a larger size), then click on Create ROM Slot.
12. Once rom-slot1 has been created, click on the "Activate" button to set it as the active boot partition.
13. Now go back to the main Safestrap menu and this time click on "Wipe". From there wipe your "Cache" and "Dalvik Cache". This will not erase any of your settings or files.
14. Go back to the main menu and this time click on "Install". Navigate to your Eclipse .zip file and select it. This will take awhile.
15. Once Eclipse has been installed, go back to the menu, wipe your two caches again (redundant, I know, but I'm paranoid about the havoc of not wiping cache enough when flashing).
16. Select the reboot option on the main menu, select "System" and it will restart your phone. When the Safestrap menu pops up this time, simply hit "Continue".
17. Voila, your phone will now have Eclipse. NOTE: The first boot up takes FOREVER, so just have some patience.

Also note that this is basically a separate operating system from your main partition. You'll need to reinstall apps, sync contacts, restore text messages, and all of that jazz as if you had done a Factory Data Reset.

player52

Reaction score
couple problems im having

Home Key is not working at all
clock function keep FC
Ringer is not loud enough

anyone help me out?

i downloaded latest eclipse about 4 hrs ago

deduct

Reaction score
Sounds like you may need to wipe all, format system and reinstall eclipse again.