[ROM] [8/19/11] - SSX 2.1 - Built From Source - GB 2.3.5

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Cant wait to try this out. Been a while since I got to flash some SS blue goodness. Thanks Chevy!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guess I'll have to join DX forums. I have been having force close issues and my phone has been freezing requiring a battery pull

SSX v2.1

wadec22

Reaction score
So my gf has a droid x and I rooted it at the beginning of summer for her and updated it with a gingerbread based rom. I recall it being something of a pia. What is the easiest method to wipe out that rom and replace it with this one? I'm still using the og droid so I haven't had to deal with the whole locked bootloader since dealing with hers earlier this summer. She wants an update due to bugs in gingerbread. If I remember right the rom I threw on there had the first gingerbread version and I imagine this one should have fewer bugs since its built on the updated kernel. Thanks for your help guys.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
So my gf has a droid x and I rooted it at the beginning of summer for her and updated it with a gingerbread based rom. I recall it being something of a pia. What is the easiest method to wipe out that rom and replace it with this one? I'm still using the og droid so I haven't had to deal with the whole locked bootloader since dealing with hers earlier this summer. She wants an update due to bugs in gingerbread. If I remember right the rom I threw on there had the first gingerbread version and I imagine this one should have fewer bugs since its built on the updated kernel. Thanks for your help guys.

Ironically enough it does not run on an updated kernel but runs on the stock froyo kernel. But thats not important, just follow the link in the OP of this thread and there will be a few things you will need from the site it takes you. It does have very detailed instructions on installing where the ROM is actually posted, which is on DroidX Forums. There is a prep/zip Chevy has put together to get you ready to install this over her GB ROM. Havent tried it so I would make sure you are familiar with how to SBF before you do anything to her phone, just in case something happens when you do.

n0madtanks

Reaction score
Default Launcher

Is there anyway to get the default launcher?

ufish2

Reaction score
does anyone know it v6 scripts work with this rom? thanks :):reddroid::greendroid:

jonnybgewd

Reaction score
I understand this is buikt for the droidx, But I was wondering if its possible in anyway to port this over to droid 2?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I understand this is buikt for the droidx, But I was wondering if its possible in anyway to port this over to droid 2?

Chevy is actually working in building/porting it for the d2. I don't remember if I saw it on his twitter or he posted it on droid x forums but it is in the works.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jonnybgewd

Reaction score
Well sweet. Ill just run stock rooted till then. Ty

Htown315

Reaction score
D1/D2/DX Were all supposed to be released on the same day pending an all clear from testers. I'm guessing the D2 rom had a bug and is being tweaked. I myself can't wait SS was my favorite rom on my D1.