Halloween Double-Special - SS 4.9 and SSX 1.0!!

umx

Reaction score
he said he has allot of life issues hes been dealing with. plus its the holidays time so.

NattyBee

Reaction score
he said he has allot of life issues hes been dealing with. plus its the holidays time so.

Indeed, have patience ;) Chevy will be back with us when he can, he won't abandon us ;)

NattyBee

Reaction score
OK...I know this has been mentioned before, but with 300 posts I didn't read 'em all to see if there's a solution...
I tried out Rubix Focused (awesome rom, but not SS, so I can't stay with it, haha!) and after wiping and installing SSX, I get a multi-touch Keyboard FC constantly as soon as I boot up...so I formatted system (bad idea evidently, for I was then unable to boot past the M)...so now I'm .sbf'ing as I type this...then I'll reinstall SSX and see if my original problem recurs (I was unable to send mms messages using Handcent- this is what led me to try Rubix in the first place, as nobody was able to help me fix this issue)

ok, that's all... Happy THanksgiving everyone!

NattyBee

Reaction score
Well, after .sbf'ing and reinstalling SSX- I still cannot send MMS via Handcent, and so I am going back to Rubix until the next installment of SSX, and we'll see if that works out...

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Well, after .sbf'ing and reinstalling SSX- I still cannot send MMS via Handcent, and so I am going back to Rubix until the next installment of SSX, and we'll see if that works out...

Yeah I was also having this issue with MMS via handcent. I am just using the stock text messaging app at the moment. I noticed there was an update for handcent, so I might reinstall and give it a try. I also asked this question a few pages back and there never seemed to be a resolution.

NattyBee

Reaction score

Yeah I was also having this issue with MMS via handcent. I am just using the stock text messaging app at the moment. I noticed there was an update for handcent, so I might reinstall and give it a try. I also asked this question a few pages back and there never seemed to be a resolution.
Hmm, well at least I'm not the only one with this issue...I posted about it on ssandroid.com and nobody was able to help...I am using rubiX Focused now, because, I love the lack of Blur and Handcent works, but I am just not satisfied without Simply Stunning...I have been using SS since 4.0 and the main reason I bought an X when my D1 broke was to stick with it...well, I'm sure it will end up being resolved-afterall this is Chevy's work, and there's a reason he's got such a loyal fanbase ;)

**edit** you know I think I read that people were experiencing the double MMS receipt when using Handcent or Chomp, but that there's a way to fix that right? I think I'm going to .sbf again and reinstall SSX, and if I can get around that double MMS receive thing, I'm going to stick with SSX...I hope as things progress, SSX will get less blurry, haha! just throwing that out there... :p

Last edited:

mkcm97

Reaction score

Hmm, well at least I'm not the only one with this issue...I posted about it on ssandroid.com and nobody was able to help...I am using rubiX Focused now, because, I love the lack of Blur and Handcent works, but I am just not satisfied without Simply Stunning...I have been using SS since 4.0 and the main reason I bought an X when my D1 broke was to stick with it...well, I'm sure it will end up being resolved-afterall this is Chevy's work, and there's a reason he's got such a loyal fanbase ;)

**edit** you know I think I read that people were experiencing the double MMS receipt when using Handcent or Chomp, but that there's a way to fix that right? I think I'm going to .sbf again and reinstall SSX, and if I can get around that double MMS receive thing, I'm going to stick with SSX...I hope as things progress, SSX will get less blurry, haha! just throwing that out there... :p

I used to have this issue. I just went into titanium back up and froze the sms/mms prefs messaging then all was well with handcent.dancedroid

cjriddle22

Reaction score

Response to edit:

So is the only problem you were having with MMS was receiving double message notifications? You can fix this by disabling the notifications within the stock text messaging app. This is not the problem I was having. I could not receive MMS messages at all. It would just have a download button and when I clicked it, it said downloading... then nothing would ever happen (even tho I have it set to auto-retrieve). As soon as I removed Handcent my MMS started working again. I am not even sure if my issue is b/c of SSX, I just thought I would troubleshoot here and see what if got me.

slipvayne9278

Reaction score
I was kind of curious of what handcent was. So i downloaded it and its pretty cool. Although i am not having any problems with it what so ever

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

NattyBee

Reaction score

Response to edit:

So is the only problem you were having with MMS was receiving double message notifications? You can fix this by disabling the notifications within the stock text messaging app. This is not the problem I was having. I could not receive MMS messages at all. It would just have a download button and when I clicked it, it said downloading... then nothing would ever happen (even tho I have it set to auto-retrieve). As soon as I removed Handcent my MMS started working again. I am not even sure if my issue is b/c of SSX, I just thought I would troubleshoot here and see what if got me.

no, that was only one of my problems...and it was not what you are thinking, lol, the problem isn't double notifications, but double MMS...every MMS comes through 2X..but the real problem was that I was unable to send MMS with Handcent installed...if I tried to send, it would just show me that spinner (showing that it's trying to send) and that would just go on and not stop- the message would not send. I don't know what this relates to, but it only happens with SSX and Handcent... anyhow, there are other little wrinkles in the carpet that were bugging me, so I'm using Focused for now, until the next SSX update, at which point I'll of course try it out, in hopes of staying with SSX as I did with SS on the D1 ;)

NattyBee

Reaction score
I was kind of curious of what handcent was. So i downloaded it and its pretty cool. Although i am not having any problems with it what so ever

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

you're lucky! Handcent IS pretty cool, right? glad it's working for you! :p

NattyBee

Reaction score

I used to have this issue. I just went into titanium back up and froze the sms/mms prefs messaging then all was well with handcent.dancedroid

Please explain further...I can say that I haven't been using any backup/restore app...

wncsho

Reaction score
Update Icon

Can anyone tell me how to get the update icon to go away? On the status bar. It's never goes away.

80481-albums746-picture2485.html

Last edited:

catchacold

Reaction score
Not sure if this will help. But, I also cannot use this version if it doesnt have email for exchange. I did however find the 2.2 apps that have the bluremail app

Full list of apps and apks that are removable and non-removable with root - Android Forums

Some one want to try it out?

:)

fugitive, instead of trying to open email from the shortcut on your home screen, did you try opening from the icon in your app drawer?

It was missing from my app page. it only showed up on the home page because i put it there in stock. I flashed back to stock and now my gmail is screwed. I'm going to do a data wipe.

SSX-DX/Tapatalk/SlideIT

If its not in the app drawer, its not on the phone and the home screen shortcut is a dead link I believe.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
JMTownsend83; said:
Please explain further...I can say that I haven't been using any backup/restore app...

Wait, so you root, install ROMs and themes, and do not have Titanium Backup installed? You are a mad man, get it now. It backs up all user data and apps, so when you install a new ROM, just fire it up, and let it reinstall all you stuff. Boom.

Also, if you get the paid version, you can freeze apps, which does the exact same thing as renaming the .apk to .bak (it disappears from the app tray and from running in the background). It basically removes all of the bloat without actually editing any systems files. So now when a new OTA comes out, just unfreeze the bloat, and install the update, instead of scrambling around trying to find and install the .apk that you deleted months ago.