Halloween Double-Special - SS 4.9 and SSX 1.0!!

kenjunior

Reaction score
I get the double MMS from Chomp and I am not running SSX (yet). Only rooted DX.

Is there a fix, never really cared that I get them 2x, actually never even thought about it.

KJ

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I get the double MMS from Chomp and I am not running SSX (yet). Only rooted DX.

Is there a fix, never really cared that I get them 2x, actually never even thought about it.

KJ

Do you receive the actual message twice, or just the notifications?

GatorBait1996

Reaction score
I just got my Droid X over the weekend, I've already rooted using the sil3ntki11 way (went smooth and now rooted), I was excited to try chevyno1's ROM because that's what I used on my Droid1 (now my wife has it), I tried loading from ROM Manager (ver. 2.5.1.0) 2 different ways, first was to try and boot into ClockWorkMod recovery (ver. 2.5.0.7), it basically just rebooted my phone with no change, I then tried the "Install ROM from SD card" through ROM Manager, again it only rebooted my phone with no cange, I booted into Bootloader to see what version I'm on, it's 30.04, is this why it's not working? If so, is there a way to SBF back?

BTW - here is info about my new X:
System Version: Version.2.3.151.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Android Version: 2.2
Baseband version: BP_C_01.09.07P
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g23d7ba5 w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated, if there is more info that I need to provide please ask and I'll add that in. Thanks

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I just got my Droid X over the weekend, I've already rooted using the sil3ntki11 way (went smooth and now rooted), I was excited to try chevyno1's ROM because that's what I used on my Droid1 (now my wife has it), I tried loading from ROM Manager (ver. 2.5.1.0) 2 different ways, first was to try and boot into ClockWorkMod recovery (ver. 2.5.0.7), it basically just rebooted my phone with no change, I then tried the "Install ROM from SD card" through ROM Manager, again it only rebooted my phone with no cange, I booted into Bootloader to see what version I'm on, it's 30.04, is this why it's not working? If so, is there a way to SBF back?

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated, if there is more info that I need to provide please ask and I'll add that in. Thanks

In my experience with ROM manager for the X, it can be kinda sketchy. I usually just install ROMs (and make backups) straight from Clockwork. ROM manager also usually just reboots my phone with no changes. Just use Koush's Droid X Bootstrapper.

You have Koush's Bootstrap right? You have to bootstrap recovery, then reboot into recovery.

Are you planning to take the new OTA? I am not sure if SSX 1.0 will with work with the new update (System Version: 2.3.340).

markhamr

Reaction score

At the home page of ROM Manager, have you hit "Flash Clockword Recovery" or whatever it is? That is necessary before it will work.

However, as the previous poster said, I would advise doing all ROM installs from bootstrapper and not from ROM Manager. The only things I install from ROM Manager are themes, hotfixes, etc

SSX is fairly outdated though and I doubt it works on .340. I would give ApeX from Fab a try out though, he makes fantastic roms that are really customizable and he gives great support.

GatorBait1996

Reaction score

In my experience with ROM manager for the X, it can be kinda sketchy. I usually just install ROMs (and make backups) straight from Clockwork. ROM manager also usually just reboots my phone with no changes. Just use Koush's Droid X Bootstrapper.

You have Koush's Bootstrap right? You have to bootstrap recovery, then reboot into recovery.

Are you planning to take the new OTA? I am not sure if SSX 1.0 will with work with the new update (System Version: 2.3.340).

I don't have bootstrap, after reading about it I realized that it's not possible to get into ClockWork without it, right? I'm looking into installing it now. I haven't found the APK yet, I guess I could donate $2 :biggrin:

No, I'm not planning on taking the OTA update.

GatorBait1996

Reaction score

At the home page of ROM Manager, have you hit "Flash Clockword Recovery" or whatever it is? That is necessary before it will work.

However, as the previous poster said, I would advise doing all ROM installs from bootstrapper and not from ROM Manager. The only things I install from ROM Manager are themes, hotfixes, etc

SSX is fairly outdated though and I doubt it works on .340. I would give ApeX from Fab a try out though, he makes fantastic roms that are really customizable and he gives great support.

Yes, that was the first thing I did after installing ROM Manager, I clicked on "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" so it would install the latest one.

I really dig chevyno1's ROM's, I was looking at that ApeX v1.3.0 and it looks pretty smooth, I might give that one a try when I get bootstrapper installed and are able to boot into recovery.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I don't have bootstrap, after reading about it I realized that it's not possible to get into ClockWork without it, right? I'm looking into installing it now. I haven't found the APK yet, I guess I could donate $2 :biggrin:

No, I'm not planning on taking the OTA update.

Yeah, bootstrap is required to flash ROMs on the DX. The one you need is this:

Droid X Recovery Bootstrap - Android app on AppBrain

It does cost $2, but it is totally worth every penny. I am still running SSX 1.0 on system version 2.3.15 but I am hoping we get an update to go with the new OTA.

I would use clockwork to do all your flashing/restoring/making backups, ROM manager has a nice UI, but from my experience it just doesn't work well with the X.

GatorBait1996

Reaction score
Okay, so I donated $2 and got the Bootstrap, I made a BU, rebooted and went back in to Bootstrap/CW Recovery to load the "SimplyStunningX-v1.0-update.zip" ROM, I didn't rename it to "update", I loaded the ROM through CW Recovery just fine, rebooted and it's been stuck at the Motorola M for awhile now, but it seems like there is somehting in the background, like I've got haptic behavior where the drag to unlock is torwards the bottom, I'm going to try a battery pull. Is this normal??

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Okay, so I donated $2 and got the Bootstrap, I made a BU, rebooted and went back in to Bootstrap/CW Recovery to load the "SimplyStunningX-v1.0-update.zip" ROM, I didn't rename it to "update", I loaded the ROM through CW Recovery just fine, rebooted and it's been stuck at the Motorola M for awhile now, but it seems like there is somehting in the background, like I've got haptic behavior where the drag to unlock is torwards the bottom, I'm going to try a battery pull. Is this normal??

Yeah I never rename my ROMs to update.zip, it can get real confusing, real quick. I just navigate to the .zip and go from there. How long has it been stuck at the M logo? I do remember when I first loaded this ROM that I was stuck at the M logo and then at the Simply Stunning logo for almost 10 min. It was so long that I was already reading about what to do when stuck at the M logo... then it just booted up and I haven't looked back since.

Last edited:

GatorBait1996

Reaction score

Yeah I never rename my ROMs to update.zip, it can get real confusing, real quick. I just navigate to the .zip and go from there. How long has it been stuck at the M logo? I do remember when I first loaded this ROM that I was stuck at the M logo and then at the Simply Stunning logo for almost 10 min. It was so long that I was already reading about what to do when stuck at the M logo... then it just booted up and I haven't looked back since.
It's all good now, I just went back into recovery and did a data and cache wipe then reinstalled the ROM.

One question though, looks like there is a place where the phone should be labeled "LAB", do I just drag the dialer app to there so I can have my phone take that spot??

cjriddle22

Reaction score

It's all good now, I just went back into recovery and did a data and cache wipe then reinstalled the ROM.

One question though, looks like there is a place where the phone should be labeled "LAB", do I just drag the dialer app to there so I can have my phone take that spot??

Not sure what you are talking about exactly. I think SSX comes with ADW launcher and I immediately switched to LauncherPro, not sure if that makes a difference with your question though.

GrandMasterB

Reaction score

YES, and FYI thats "Left Action Button" and "Right Action Button". They are ADW specific and can be toggled on/off in the ADW settings.

GMB

GatorBait1996

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help.

Thanks GrandMasterB for the info on the LAB and RAB, I finally saw that last night while browsing through the ADW settings.