SetCPU - Perflock won't disable

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
I am rooted with Froyo. I have SetCPU installed, profiles created and everything appears to be working. I have the "set on boot" boxes check on the main screen and under the Perlock disable screen.

However, everytime I reboot, perflock is enabled again so I have to keep manually disabling it and I think it's re-enabling while SetCPU is running WITHOUT reboot. On a few occasions since installing, my phone has gotten hot with SetCPU running.

I'm obsessed with prolonging my battery life so I have my main profile is set to 384/245. All of my other profiles are set below 576. When I reboot, the main profile is at 998400 max and min. Even after disabling perflock, I have to move one of the sliders to run SetCPU.

I have contacted the dev and he suspected my version of superuser may be outdated. I don’t know what v# it is but it’s the one with the ninja icon. I have tried getting the new one off of the market but it won’t install.

So essentially, SetCPU is worthless to me unless I can find a solution to this problem.

Any suggestions would be great.

dbu

Reaction score
I am rooted with Froyo. I have SetCPU installed, profiles created and everything appears to be working. I have the "set on boot" boxes check on the main screen and under the Perlock disable screen.

However, everytime I reboot, perflock is enabled again so I have to keep manually disabling it and I think it's re-enabling while SetCPU is running WITHOUT reboot. On a few occasions since installing, my phone has gotten hot with SetCPU running.

I'm obsessed with prolonging my battery life so I have my main profile is set to 384/245. All of my other profiles are set below 576. When I reboot, the main profile is at 998400 max and min. Even after disabling perflock, I have to move one of the sliders to run SetCPU.

I have contacted the dev and he suspected my version of superuser may be outdated. I don’t know what v# it is but it’s the one with the ninja icon. I have tried getting the new one off of the market but it won’t install.

So essentially, SetCPU is worthless to me unless I can find a solution to this problem.

Any suggestions would be great.

I would suggest using another kernel. I am currently running a Hydra kernel that is over clocked and under volted, and it is performing great.

www.hydrakernel.net

Sent from my ADR6300

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
*** UPDATE ***

Re: superuser

As I mentioned in my opening, trying to install superuser 2.3 directly from the market wasn't working. So I went to XDA and found a zip download from the dev profile. I tried installing the zip file from my sdcard and got the same installation error.

I decided to check for installation options in recovery mode and found one to "install zip from sdcard". I navigated the menu to the zip file and... DONE.

I rebooted and superuser 2.3 was installed and running.

Now for SetCPU, that issue is unchanged. So, I guess the dev was wrong and I could still use some good suggestions.

Thanks!