Using SetCPU or GEM Settings

jrredho

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm almost totally ignorant on all things Droid, and I really hate it that I'm reviving an old topic, but here goes: I rooted my OG Droid several months ago with the sole purpose of overclocking it. I first flashed SPrecovery, then went the path of a installing couple of update.zip files, first for root, I believe, then an overclocked kernel. Finally, I installed and set up setcpu along with some profiles.

Eventually, I got the notion to get a bit more adventurous and just installed Sapphire 2.0.2 and worked my way up to installing the 125-1000MHz/7 slot/IV kernel. Naturally, I used Titanium Backup, so I re-installed setcpu with my same setcpu profile set. I also set the Gem Settings options for overclocking to on.

Okay, now for my question....

SetCPU and the Gem settings do the same thing essentially, setcpu just gives you the option of having profiles. SetCPU will override Gem so there is no harm either way whether you turn it off in gem or not.

...my very basic understanding is that this is now incorrect. I had my Droid plugged in to AC, and verified that it was charging and was at 80%. The only profile that should have been active among my list was the "Charging/AC" that I had set to be 125/400MHz. But, upon looking at the setcpu info page, the device was operating at 550MHz.

Do the setcpu profiles no longer supercede the Gem overclocking settings?

many thanks!

john

Last edited: