Halloween Double-Special - SS 4.9 and SSX 1.0!!

GatorBait1996

Reaction score
I've got another issue now :biggrin: - after configuring the phone last night I got the OTA update request, and apparently if you don't choose later fast enough it downloads the build, I was able to choose install later once it finished downloading, I went into /system/app and renamed upgrader.apk to .bak, is that the only thing I'll need to do to stop the OTA upgrade, I know that worked on the D1, also, does anyone know where it downloads to? I'd like to delete the download. Thanks!

Oh - it would be nice if someone could point me in the direction to stop the automatic redirect to Verizon Wireless website every time I connect my DX to the PC. Way to be annoying Verizon!

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I've got another issue now :biggrin: - after configuring the phone last night I got the OTA update request, and apparently if you don't choose later fast enough it downloads the build, I was able to choose install later once it finished downloading, I went into /system/app and renamed upgrader.apk to .bak, is that the only thing I'll need to do to stop the OTA upgrade, I know that worked on the D1, also, does anyone know where it downloads to? I'd like to delete the download. Thanks!

Oh - it would be nice if someone could point me in the direction to stop the automatic redirect to Verizon Wireless website every time I connect my DX to the PC. Way to be annoying Verizon!

Ironically enough, when I woke up this morning I also had the OTA sitting there waiting for me to install. Now every hour or so it comes up and says install now, so far I have kept hitting install later, but I know eventually it will try and fail. Does anyone know where the update.zip file downloads? I wouldn't mind just grabbing the file and updating at my convenience. I have an update.zip on the root of my SD card, but it is dated back in October some time. Renaming updater.apk to .bak should stop the update I believe, or you could just freeze it with Titanium Pro.

When you plug in your phone to the computer, the little circle with the M comes up on the bottom right. Right-click on it, and it says, when phone connects, launch... ---> nothing.

GatorBait1996

Reaction score
I thought there was a otacerts.zip file located somewhere like /system/etc that you could change so it would stop the nagging install now message but I can't find it under that directory.

Edit: I found the location, just didn't drive down far enough, otacerts.zip is located in 2 places, /system/etc/security and /etc/security, I changed it in /etc/security to otacerts.zip.bak and it was changed in /system/etc/security as well - Hopefully this will stop the nagging request to install now.

Last edited:

wncsho

Reaction score
OTA After SSX

I have SSX 1.0 on my X if I run the OTA Update from Verizon will it replace the entire system? Which would mean I would need to re-root etc.?

Thanks

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I have SSX 1.0 on my X if I run the OTA Update from Verizon will it replace the entire system? Which would mean I would need to re-root etc.?

Thanks

I highly doubt you can even get the OTA when running SSX. If you do manage do get it to download, I'm almost positive it will fail when trying to install. You need to be running the stock ROM with all the bloatware installed to get the OTA update.

BSouders80

Reaction score
Noob + Notifications

I loaded on the Simple Stunning ROM on Saturday. I really like it. I've noticed a couple of issues though that I probably can clear up real easy with someone's help on here.

1) Notifications aren't working right.

When I drop down the notification bar, I'll have an icon (Pandora) but no information. Weatherbug was doing the same thing. I had the temp in the upper left hand, but when i pulled down notification, it was just the weather bug icon. I do not get an e-mail notifications either.

2) Superuser Status

When I go into Droid overclock to bump my processor up to 1.35 Ghz, I have to click on the "ALLOW" button at LEAST 10 times before it accepts the changes and lets me through the menus. Some apps are like that. Any way to get around that annoyance?

Thank you.

Brian

BSouders80

Reaction score
Well if I hold my finger on the notifications, they are brighter and I can read them. I changed the brightness of the screen and no affect on notification brightness. Any help?

Brian

dagrainger

Reaction score
Hello ChevyNo1,
I am having an issue with my email, that I don't seem able to resolve.

If this has been asked and answered, I apologize. I have searched and cannot find any concrete answer to this dilemma.

I have no email application in my app drawer, and it is not hidden in the scripting.

I am not referring to corporate email.

I have configured a gmail and msn email accounts on my phone. The gmail seems to function correctly, of course...
When I go to the universal inbox I see I have email unread in my msn account. When I try to go to either my msn inbox or to an msn email from my universal inbox, the phone loops back to the main screen.

I read another post, and commented on it, regarding this issue. They were discussing files that had a .bak extension. I have looked and found the following files in the system\app directory:
BlurEmail.apk.bak
BlurEmail.apk
BlurEmailEngine.apk
BlurSNMessagingEngine.apk.bak
BlurSNMessagingEngine.apk

The suggestion was made to rename a .apk.bak to .apk to fix the issue. The problem I am having is twofold...

1. I seem unable to make changes to the filenames of these files. Not sure how to make the files rw. I do not have root explorer, and would like to use a free file browser if possible. Is there one that will enable you to make these changes. If not I will just purchase root explorer, as I understand it is rather straight forward in that application.
2. I am not sure which file(s) should be renamed. Also, do I need to rename the .apk version something else before renaming the .apk.bak file?

Thank you for your assistance...

umx

Reaction score
god i cant wait for a 2.3.340 rom i really hate all these other **** ass roms that are out.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
god i cant wait for a 2.3.340 rom i really hate all these other **** ass roms that are out.

Really? That many crap ROM's out there? I was under the impression that most of them were pretty good, including this one. Someone not wake up happy today? Maybe user error:) Have you tried Darkslide?
aefd55ff-e716-1c9f.jpg

Hey there JMT :)
//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

Last edited:

NattyBee

Reaction score

Really? That many crap ROM's out there? I was under the impression that most of them were pretty good, including this one. Someone not wake up happy today? Maybe user error:) Have you tried Darkslide?
aefd55ff-e716-1c9f.jpg

Hey there JMT :)
//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

Haha, how's it goin friend! LOL. Yes, Simply Stunning has always been, and still is, top notch work...I have converted to DarkSlide, but I still stand by the fact that ChevyNo1 is one of the greatest dev's out there! ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ibrooks123

Reaction score
Is this now compatible with 2.3.340? Forgive my lazyness, but I'm not about to read 35 pages, I figured someone would just reply! Thanks!

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Is this now compatible with 2.3.340? Forgive my lazyness, but I'm not about to read 35 pages, I figured someone would just reply! Thanks!

Naw playa, you are one holiday behind... You need the Christmas Special...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1-x/109505-merry-christmas-everyone-ssx-1-1-under-tree.html

SSX 1.1 is compatible with 2.3.320 and 2.3.340.

Edit: You actually only had to read like 5 lines down... The first note says "1. Based on 2.3.15 SBF ONLY"

Last edited:

Lordbutt

Reaction score
Great ROM. Simply stunning! Thank you. I put SS on both my Droid and my Droid X. Better than any other ROMs that are out there. VERY fast and ROCK stable.

Looking for the beer link now

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk