Froyo 2.2 released 1/19/11

KyliexAnne

Reaction score
I called verizon 1/18/11 and was told that they were releasing froyo 2.2 1/19/11 but it was going out in segments so its going to take a little while for everyone to have it

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

OP
K

KyliexAnne

Reaction score
so I'm jus assuming not everyone will have it till feb? She told me to check for updates....

OP
K

KyliexAnne

Reaction score
2.1 I believe

OP
K

KyliexAnne

Reaction score
the upgrade is on its way around... my friends has an ally and just got her upgrade to 2.2 :):):)

the13thstyle

Reaction score
My finance got the update and her physical home buttons stopped working as did her call button. Now she gets to wait for verizon to send her a new one.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

muptmor

Reaction score
Froyo Upgrade is here

Got my upgrade today...Installed without a hitch!

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
I had it come thru, it errored out cuz I'm rooted running a diff rom so it shows no updates now...

As far as the buttons issue... usually this happens when updates occur. Even flashing roms this can happen... usually u have to clear out the system caches and stuff then apply updates. Usually fixes the problem. However if ur not rooted u can't access these menus

OP
K

KyliexAnne

Reaction score
I just got my update just now and I more then pleased that its running faster

OP
K

KyliexAnne

Reaction score
I have no problems :)

OP
K

KyliexAnne

Reaction score
my apps menu looked better in 2.1

TaeDanielle

Reaction score
I just got an update for my phone, which I assume was this Froyo 2.2 I've been reading about. I don't know crap about this, but it says the droid version is 2.2.1? Anyway, when I installed this update, I lost the ability to open the text function. It comes up to the "messaging" screen, but it only says messaging and the rest is black. If I hit the back or home buttons multiple times, it eventually gives me a not responding pop up. Also, loading of photo galleries is ridiculously slow. Possibly other issues that I haven't found yet, cuz it's 5am... Any thoughts on how to fix these things, or possibly just revert back to the old OS? Ya know, the one that actually worked?

rikki

Reaction score
My husband got his update yesterday. The only difference I see so far is that the phone and text message screens are black and green. Looks cooler.

OP
K

KyliexAnne

Reaction score
you will notices chages here and there when u mess with the phone.... like for 1.. when ur on the phone and u get a beep and answer it.. there use to be a swap button and thats not there now....i really like the menu on 2.1 so much more!! hopefully now that i got the upgrade i can root my phone....eventually :)