[6/27/11] - SSX 2.0 - Built From Source - GB 2.3.4

TeeX

Reaction score
hm, that's very interesting! I'm pretty sure that Apex is not the same "true" AOSP as CM and SSX, that are pure, written from source code, but instead built on the moto kernel. When I'm on Apex, I can still install the Moto Dock app, as well the blur camera, etc. When I try and install these on SSX it won't work. I'm sure Fab or Chevy or others much more knowledgeable can comment better than I :)

If the charging/boot up thing isn't a bug, no big thing I can live with it. Thanks everybody for the comments regarding this issue :)

However, is there any way to set this ROM to boot into recovery? That would make battery calibration easier for me.

Another bug: I can't get my Handcent notification light to stay on. It always flashes, even if I adjust it to "custom" and put the "ON" to 1000 and the "OFF" to 1. I even went into ChevyNo1 tools and deleted the Handcent category, that didn't help either.

Any suggestions??

Last edited:

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
@ChevyNo1

If I flash a unthrottled data mod will that break anything?

SSX 2.0 and underclocked to 800mhz with ultra low voltages.

ghostwiththemost

Reaction score
Hey Chevy. Is there any reason I'm not getting my notifications/texts? I'ms using Handcent SMS. I am overclocked to 1.25 GHZ running ondemand governor. What would you say is going on?

JoJoLanny

Reaction score
restore with TB......

Has anyone heard if there is a way to restore the Visual Voice Mail app from Titanium Backup with this incredibly amazing GB ROM??? I know about the system apps. But I need to have visual voicemail. Just wondering if there was a fix for it yet.... :)

hbsurfer

Reaction score
do you have to clear all your data etc... when you do this?
i sure dont want to reload all my free apps and all the rest!
thanks!

RIGHTEOUS KINGS

Reaction score
No you dont as it does it for you on its own, best thing is to make a backup of all data and apps with Titanium Backup before you install. After install just reload all apps and user data through Titanium Backup again

hbsurfer

Reaction score

Top_Droid

Reaction score
***media has stopped***

I just flashed ssx and can't get it working right. What does this mean, and how can I fix it. i can't do much of anything, without repeated FC of "android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly" and it kicks me out of whatever I'm doing.

Please help!!

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
I just flashed ssx and can't get it working right. What does this mean, and how can I fix it. i can't do much of anything, without repeated FC of "android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly" and it kicks me out of whatever I'm doing.

Please help!!

Have you run fix permissions yet? Could possible help...

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
@chevy just a questian will you include the new market in the next update, I would love to see it! :)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a great ROM. The Chevy tools are awesome and what I expected CM7 to have. The only thing I miss is the 1% battery increments. I know it says not to flash those over this or you'll get a one way ticket to sbf town. I might try the manual fix for it

SSX v2.0

Last edited:

xf59

Reaction score
When will simply stunning come to HTC Thunderbolt?

Top_Droid

Reaction score
I'm loving this ROM so far there are just 3 things I'm having issues with

1. The camera button doesn't work... It works to open the camera. Once the camera app is open it does nothing and I have to use the scenes button

2. Some of the themes don't change change all like the menu color stays the blue that te ROM came with. Is there any why to change those colors?

3. There are crazy ringtones for sms and I can't change it. I've changed all the default sounds and it still doesn't change.

If anyone can help with any of these issues id be super gteatful

Sent from my DX running SSX on DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

1. The camera button doesn't work... It works to open the camera. Once the camera app is open it does nothing and I have to use the scenes button

2. Some of the themes don't change change all like the menu color stays the blue that te ROM came with. Is there any why to change those colors?

3. There are crazy ringtones for sms and I can't change it. I've changed all the default sounds and it still doesn't change.

Camera button doesn't work on any CM7 based ROMs. I am not sure of a workaround.

Some themes don't work. Cyanbread semi works, Honeybread and Greybread do.

I have manually added ringtones to the system/media/ folders for ringtones and notifications. Make sure you convert them to an .ogg file with a PC.

SSX v2.0

Top_Droid

Reaction score

Camera button doesn't work on any CM7 based ROMs. I am not sure of a workaround.

Some themes don't work. Cyanbread semi works, Honeybread and Greybread do.

I have manually added ringtones to the system/media/ folders for ringtones and notifications. Make sure you convert them to an .ogg file with a PC.

SSX v2.0

I guess I'll have to learn to live without the camera button then, I'm so spoiled by having it though...and thinks for the theme advise I'll have to give them a try.

But as far as changing the ringtone goes. I'm not sure how to access my system folder via PC. I have it hooked up to my PC but it seems I can only access the SD card.