[KERNEL][3.28.2011] EC10 Source Built ComaVolt TouchWiz

ziggy484

Reaction score
In about phone, why is the kernal still 2.6.32.9? Is that normal? And are there any additional settings or anything that come along with this? How do i get to them?

Sent via Superclean Gingerbread Fascinate
yes its normal and no there arent any additional settings I am aware of...its just an undervolted voodoo kernel

I loaded the nonvoodoo version, what is better about the voodoo version? Ive been hesitant to try voodoo, is there anything particular to worry about? Ive read that you have to disable lagfix before flashing a nonvoodoo kernal, is that all? Can i flash roms and themes without changing anything with voodoo if i was to install this kernal (voodoo version)?

OP
hecantbreathe

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
In about phone, why is the kernal still 2.6.32.9? Is that normal? And are there any additional settings or anything that come along with this? How do i get to them?

yes its normal and no there arent any additional settings I am aware of...its just an undervolted voodoo kernel

I loaded the nonvoodoo version, what is better about the voodoo version? Ive been hesitant to try voodoo, is there anything particular to worry about? Ive read that you have to disable lagfix before flashing a nonvoodoo kernal, is that all? Can i flash roms and themes without changing anything with voodoo if i was to install this kernal (voodoo version)?

Voodoo changes the file system from RFS to EXT4 which is faster.
Some voodoo kernels have voodoo sound and color which is an enhancement. project voodoo

Only thing you don't do any different is flashing a non voodoo kernel over a voodoo kernel without disabling the lagfix.

ziggy484

Reaction score

Voodoo changes the file system from RFS to EXT4 which is faster.
Some voodoo kernels have voodoo sound and color which is an enhancement. project voodoo

Only thing you don't do any different is flashing a non voodoo kernel over a voodoo kernel without disabling the lagfix.

Cool, thanks, maybe i'll try the voodoo version if the battery isnt dramatically better with this one.

tfotos

Reaction score
OK so I have installed Super Clean version 2.9.2 - EB01/EC10 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod with MALWARE protection. Now how do I install the low voltage kernel? Also, how do I back up my phone just in case I don't like the outcome? Thanks for your patience and cheers!

OP
hecantbreathe

hecantbreathe

Reaction score

ziggy484

Reaction score
For some reason after installing this i cant get into my red cw, it goes to blue recovery and when i try to apply update.zip it gets an error. I reflashed sc and then it was fine, but when i reinstalled this kernal(nonvoodoo), it happened again, no red cw???

Last edited:
OP
hecantbreathe

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
For some reason after installing this i cant get into my red cw, it goes to blue recovery and when i try to apply update.zip it gets an error. I reflashed sc and then it was fine, but when i reinstalled this kernal(nonvoodoo), it happened again, no red cw???

Flash the new cwm all

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 ComaVolt'd Fascinate

CC268

Reaction score
how do you tell if you have the new kernel and what are the features etc??? I am new to this

Last edited:
OP
hecantbreathe

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
how do you tell if you have the new kernel and what are the features etc??? I am new to this

By paying attention to what you flash. What did you flash? Superclean 2.9.2? That comes with EC10 kernal.

ziggy484

Reaction score

Flash the new cwm all

How do i flash that without red cwm

CC268

Reaction score

By paying attention to what you flash. What did you flash? Superclean 2.9.2? That comes with EC10 kernal.

LOL I made sure to do that. I have the same setup as you super clean and the kernel its sooo fast

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
hecantbreathe

hecantbreathe

Reaction score

Flash the new cwm all

How do i flash that without red cwm

Get the odin tar file and flash through Odin in download mode

ziggy484

Reaction score
Ok, got the new cwm straightened out. So i flashed the voodoo version of this kernal, first time with voodoo... phone does feel faster, what does everyone like most about voodoo?

sent from a Superclean, Honeycomb, Voodoo Fascinate

Last edited: