[KERNEL][04-08-11] PeanutButta Jelly Time

Eugers

Reaction score
This is my favorite kernel to date :)

All the credit goes to imnuts at xda

Original link: [KERNEL][04-08-11] PeanutButta Jelly Time - xda-developers

I know, tons of stuff released, some may be similar, but I've had people waiting for me to release these for some reason, so I am. Not sure what I do differently that makes people choose what I release over someone else, but here they are.

What I've done is started with the source jt1134 has provided as a base, and went from there. I haven't had time to change much else yet, but in due time, I'm hoping to have a lot of changes and updates. Currently, these are meant for TouchWiz based ROMs only.

Updated initramfs from jt1134
Kernel config changes from jt1134
Voodoo sound patches from jt1134/supercurio
"Fixed" Smartass, still doesn't work properly though, set conservative back to the default
Increased voltage on 100 kernel at 1000MHz
CFS Tweaks to try and help performance some
TCP settings to help make 3G more consistent

[strike]Smartass CPU Governor added and set as default[/strike] <- not working yet :(
VFAT patch
Voodoo Sound mic/recording fixed and added back - thanks jt1134/supercurio

Upstream EXT4 patches
Changed UV levels for greater compatibility
init.d support
SirGatez patch to force audio to headphones when they are plugged in (off by default)
-> run "headphones" from a shell prompt to enable
-> run "default" to restore normal functionality

jt1134's source is the base, includes BLN, Voodoo Color, Voodoo Sound V7, Voodoo lagfix (if applicable), and anything else jt had in is source when i synced it.
Stock voltage, and undervolted kernels available
Updated CPU Scaling - keeps the processor running as slow as possible without overworking it
Updated compile flags - from Eclair, may not do anything noticeable
SirGatez's battery hack to allow for non-oem batteries

To Do:
Build AOSP kernels as well - soon to come

NOTES:
If you are experiencing problems, I need detailed info to be able to fix it or help you out. Failure to provide detailed info will mean I'm just going to ignore your problem as user error. Details would be something such as which kernel you are flashing (filename) and steps to reproduce the issue. Also, if you used any other kernels that had the same problem or didn't have the problem.

Legend
voodoo/novoodoo - voodoo has the lagfix, novoodoo doesn't (I hope this was obvious)
sv/50/100 - Undervolt level. sv = stock, 50 = 50mv off 400-1000mhz/75mv off 100-200mhz, 100mv off 400-1000mhz/125mv off 100-200mhz

Visit here for updated kernels

4/8/2011 Updated initramfs changes from jt1134 Kernel config changes from jt1134 Voodoo sound patches from jt1134/supercurio "Fixed" Smartass, still doesn't work properly though, set conservative back to the default Increased voltage on 100 kernel at 1000MHz CFS Tweaks to try and help performance some TCP settings to help make 3G more consistent Legend: sv - stock voltage 100 - Kernel is undervolted by 125mv at 100mhz, 100mv at all other clock speeds 50 - Kernel is undervolted by 75mv at 100mhz, 50mv at all other clock speeds

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111376/Kernels/0408_imnuts_sv_voodoo.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111376/Kernels/0408_imnuts_50_voodoo.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111376/Kernels/0408_imnuts_100_voodoo.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111376/Kernels/0408_imnuts_sv_novoodoo.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111376/Kernels/0408_imnuts_50_novoodoo.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111376/Kernels/0408_imnuts_100_novoodoo.zip

CC268

Reaction score
I love it too I have it ocd to 1.2 ghz nd it's fastt

Sent from my SCH-I500

UsaPride

Reaction score
been running the 50 voodoo for the past day and i havn't had any problems with it at all! ran good on overclocking up to 1.25 ghz, the 1.3 would freeze.

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
Ive got the comavolt'd now but it freezes alot I hope this is better. Been reading alot on it, it sounds better.

SC froyo 2.9.2
EC10 VOODOO LAGFIX

crashmonk

Reaction score
I have this kernel and the previous one. For some reason yesterday under the previous pbj I could not install market apps our updates. This is the same for both kernels. I know that the ROM Manager has updated several times lately. Any suggestions short of a complete wipe?

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
I've changed to this so far its doing better. Does the 100 work on our phone? I read somewhere that it did't.

SC froyo 2.9.2

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
I've changed to this so far its doing better. Does the 100 work on our phone? I read somewhere that it did't.

SC froyo 2.9.2

If the ComaVolt freezes your phone the 100uv probably won't even boot your phone. You're welcome to try it, but I really don't think it will work.

ComaVolt works great on my phone, but the 100uv froze before boot up multiple times.

OP
Eugers

Eugers

Reaction score

SC froyo 2.9.2

It works smoothly on my phone, but every phone is different. Weird, I know, but some phones can take it, and some can't.

Best way to find out is, backup, and give it a try through trial and error!

OP
Eugers

Eugers

Reaction score
I have this kernel and the previous one. For some reason yesterday under the previous pbj I could not install market apps our updates. This is the same for both kernels. I know that the ROM Manager has updated several times lately. Any suggestions short of a complete wipe?

Thanks

That's strange. I've tried many different kernels, and of course follow up each one by reading the 40 something page thread for each individual one.

I haven't seen your problem pop up yet.

Is it your market not working, or your whole mobile data network?

crashmonk

Reaction score
My market seems to work. It will download the files but the problem is on the install side. The data works great.

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
Question, any time you install a new kernal, should you hear the lady robot?

SC froyo 2.9.2

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
When I installed the comavolt I heared it when I installed the PB&J I didn't. But when I look at the cpu setter its different then the comavolt, so that would lead me to believe that it's the PB&J, and not the comavolt anymore.

SC froyo 2.9.2

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
Also in the about phone the kernal version says 2.6.32.9

SC froyo 2.9.2

870hans

Reaction score
Question, any time you install a new kernal, should you hear the lady robot?

SC froyo 2.9.2

I think its just when you go from nonvoodoo to voodoo or back to nonvoodoo

Sent from my 2.9.2 Fascinate

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
Ok i've changed to the SV and its a hole lot fast and doesn't freeze my phone at all.

SC froyo 2.9.2