which kernel is better?

Reaction score
Which one is better?

[KERNEL] [3/27] Built from EC10 source - Voodoo(lagfix+sound)+BLN+UV+Misc tweaks

or

[KERNEL][3.28.2011] EC10 Source Built ComaVolt TouchWiz

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Which one is better?

[KERNEL] [3/27] Built from EC10 source - Voodoo(lagfix+sound)+BLN+UV+Misc tweaks

or

The only difference is the comavolt is under volted more.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 ComaVolt'd Fascinate

OP
coloradodrummer
Reaction score
Which one is better?

or

The only difference is the comavolt is under volted more.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 ComaVolt'd Fascinate

does that mean by battery should last longer?

jakeklomps

Reaction score
Just a quick reference for you coloradorunner....

ComaVolt, under volt, or UV = Under Volted - Less voltage consumption so your battery lasts longer and basically optimizes usage.

OC, overclock, underclock = Refers to the kernel editing your processing speed vs. the stock settings. Used to increase or limit performance.

Another common thing you will see are kernels that are overclocked and undervolted. Which is basically setting up an ideal situation; More performance + less power consumption.

I don't mean to point out the obvious, but when I first started rooting and editing things, all of the UC OC UV Rom Kernel build.prop stuff really confused me. But youre in the right place for any questions. Hopefully I clarified some things further. Welcome to the forum!

Eugers

Reaction score
I'm personal a fan of the Pb&J, PeanutButta Jelly Kernel

Eugers

Reaction score

how do you like that kernal? is it fast and does the battery last longer :D?

I'm running the 50 uv, and I'm not going to go as far to say that it's got AMAZING battery life, but it definitely does improve the longetivity of my battery.

And I've had no problems with this. No freezing or rebooting issues. My battery never overheats, and all my apps run super smoothly.

hansocal

Reaction score

I'm running the 50 uv, and I'm not going to go as far to say that it's got AMAZING battery life, but it definitely does improve the longetivity of my battery.

And I've had no problems with this. No freezing or rebooting issues. My battery never overheats, and all my apps run super smoothly.

fsho i just got the SV one :p

Eugers

Reaction score

fsho i just got the SV one :p

Let me know how you like it :)

collinjm01

Reaction score
okay so what confuses me is, Will all these Kernels run on Superclean 2.9.2? i want peanutbutta jelly kernel (cuz ive only heard good from this kernel). do i just install from Zip from CWR? (can i get the link to those kernels :D )

thanks!

jakeklomps

Reaction score
Yes, or use the SGS Kernel flasher app. Its nice because it makes a back up of your current kernel if you end up not liking the one you flash.

collinjm01

Reaction score
Yes, or use the SGS Kernel flasher app. Its nice because it makes a back up of your current kernel if you end up not liking the one you flash.

dude i didnt realize there was such a thing! ill check it out!:icon_ banana:

Rsswga

Reaction score
using uberotb kernel..overclock 1.2
fabulous

Oops. .camera sucks on this kernel

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Last edited:

collinjm01

Reaction score
the PeanutButta Jelly Kernels loads up the Samsung boot then just keeps rebooting it.