[Release] D1-MIUI-0.11.26.1

Logan3824

Reaction score
Does anyone have any problem with the app killer? It seems very inconsistent, I will use it but then I'll go to running apps and sometimes more apps seem to be running or it doesn't kill any apps at all... Lol I'm not complaining because this rom is outstanding and they have 3rd party apps for it, but its just so convenient :).

alex8810

Reaction score
hello i'm new to the forums just wanted to say thank you and your doing a great job on MIUI. i'm very excited for the future of this ROM.

just flashed the new rom and I had a question regarding super circle batteries. thats what caught my eye on one of the themes for MIUI, which was the mov iestar theme. i installed the theme successfully but when i rebooted the circle battery didnt show ad the signal wasnt colored. so i went to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754873 and i wanted to the download the CM6-B-white numbers. i wanted to know if this is the correct download for me if i want circle batteries and if since im using SPrecovery will it be a problem for me?

Edit: Sorry if this is a noob question. the only thing i know how to do is flash roms and themes.

musclemilk

Reaction score
davros- you having success w\slayer?

I am running slayer 1ghz w\success so far.

Before this i had the 1.1chevy that was built into the ROM and it was good but caused some re-draw and lag.

publicanimal

Reaction score
This is still based on the Milestone version right? At the bottom of the OP it says its based on the N1 version but I'm guessing you just forgot to take that out after copying and pasting the OP from a previous release.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Does anyone have any problem with the app killer? It seems very inconsistent, I will use it but then I'll go to running apps and sometimes more apps seem to be running or it doesn't kill any apps at all... Lol I'm not complaining because this rom is outstanding and they have 3rd party apps for it, but its just so convenient :).

The built in app killer uses a method that clears non-foreground apps from the memory while retaining said apps as running, it's not actually the same as the force stop option given in the running apps section of the phone settings. It's hard to explain, but it boils down to Google blocked how, in 2.1, 3rd party apps killed other apps in 2.2.

Android 2.2 handles memory management for foreground and background apps very differently from 2.1, you no longer need to force stop apps using app killers. In all fairness, they should have translated that button to read "clear memory" or something to that regard, but app killer makes people happier or something like that.

It isn't inconsistent at all, and it does it's intended purpose quite well. Don't worry about what you see in running apps in your settings, your phone is handling it's business on it's own and it'll do so quite well.

Ozzie

Reaction score
Whatever you guys did, this is running very smooth compared to the last model. I haven't had to fight a thing, market works, and I'm on slayher 1200 without setcpu. Way smooth so far...nice job!

publicanimal

Reaction score
I spoke too soon, I tried to make a call and got dialer force closes. This was after wiping. Anyone else experience this?

EDIT: I think figured it out, it was totally my fault for monkeying with the ROM before flashing it. I noticed that TelelocationProvider.apk was missing and since it had been present in 11.26.0 I didn't think there would be any harm in adding it back. I deleted it and rebooted and the issue disappeared, so I'm pretty sure that was the problem. My bad! Sorry for reporting an issue of my own creation, it won't happen again.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I spoke too soon, I tried to make a call and got dialer force closes. This was after wiping. Anyone else experience this?

I got one fc when made a call but just made another and all is well.

Sent from somewhere...