[Release]D1-MIUI-0.11.26.0

leonozug

Reaction score
This ROM is good, it truly is...

I love the progression on MIUI, been hooked on it since the start and watching it turn into a full fledged android makeover is cool. I think in the next few months MIUI is going to hit mainstream or parts of it will be adopted by google themselves.

I wipe 3 times before installing any ROM always, however I am experiencing 2 issues that worry me. I am running Chevy's 1250 ulv kernel. These issues are A. The phone runs HOT and sucks battery life (I have the droid 2 extended battery and I am getting about 10% loss per hour) and B. Occasional freeze to the point that everything is unresponsive, the soft buttons at the bottom light up but do not respond at all, the power button does not turn off the screen. It's just a hard freeze then a reboot about 15 seconds later. Battery DRAINS during this time.

I wish I could get the 2 days of use on one charge like I was seeing on the 10.xx builds. I also wonder why my cpu temps are +10 degrees higher and the phone heats up quicker then before.

Oh well I know these issues are only temporary and will be fixed by the expert porters on this forum.

I still don't understand why you would change the kernel it came with....it works perfect with the 1100 it came with. Meti and Jam posted in the OP that kernels other than the one it came with are not supported and may cause troubles. I have mine set to 700 max 125 min and it is plenty fast, and never gets hot. Changing the kernel just asks for problems with the MIUI Rom in my opinion. You really don't need to change it man. Also, most of the problems people are having with this Rom is probably because people are not flashing/wiping it properly.

publicanimal

Reaction score

I love the progression on MIUI, been hooked on it since the start and watching it turn into a full fledged android makeover is cool. I think in the next few months MIUI is going to hit mainstream or parts of it will be adopted by google themselves.

I wipe 3 times before installing any ROM always, however I am experiencing 2 issues that worry me. I am running Chevy's 1250 ulv kernel. These issues are A. The phone runs HOT and sucks battery life (I have the droid 2 extended battery and I am getting about 10% loss per hour) and B. Occasional freeze to the point that everything is unresponsive, the soft buttons at the bottom light up but do not respond at all, the power button does not turn off the screen. It's just a hard freeze then a reboot about 15 seconds later. Battery DRAINS during this time.

I wish I could get the 2 days of use on one charge like I was seeing on the 10.xx builds. I also wonder why my cpu temps are +10 degrees higher and the phone heats up quicker then before.

Oh well I know these issues are only temporary and will be fixed by the expert porters on this forum.

I still don't understand why you would change the kernel it came with....it works perfect with the 1100 it came with. Meti and Jam posted in the OP that kernels other than the one it came with are not supported and may cause troubles. I have mine set to 700 max 125 min and it is plenty fast, and never gets hot. Changing the kernel just asks for problems with the MIUI Rom in my opinion. You really don't need to change it man. Also, most of the problems people are having with this Rom is probably because people are not flashing/wiping it properly.

Good for you. This being a modding community many of us like to tinker, so we will always seek for the kernel that works best with the ROM we are using, whether you understand it or not. The kernel I have used in the past doesn't seem to play well with this release, so I've been flashing different ones to see which ones I like. I've never been a fan of P3 kernels, so I opt not to stick with the P3 that came with this release.

Last edited:

crackedvenom

Reaction score
so is there a fix for the constant fc after nandroiding with clockwork mod? id love to try this new version out but i backed up my rom and then i went to try and install this and got a constant fc as i mentioned earlier in the day.

I dont know if it's an issue with this rom or not but it's not an issue with the next release...

So should I update or wait for this version?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
jamezelle

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

.....snip snip......

SUPPORTED KERNELS: P3Droid Kernels

UNSUPPORTED Kernels: MAY CAUSE WIFI ISSUES, NOT SUPPORTED DON'T POST ISSUES IF USING THESE KERNELS

ChevyNo1: Index of /froyo/kernels3

Slayer:Index of /slayher/kernels and updated version that works with other roms... Index of /DL/LFY/KERNELS

JDLFG: jdlfg kernels v.32.2.5 NEW - CyanogenMod Forum

.....snip snip......

Z

ZeroBarrier

leonozug, no offense, but notice how it only says not to post issues possibly resulting from flashing an unsupported kernel. Nowhere does is say not to flash an unsupported kernel under any circumstances. So please don't be smug just because Jamezelle pointed out what everyone should have already read in the OP.

Ozzie

Reaction score
I went back to the stock kernel as well...I had always run the p3 on this build since it was recommended, but tried a higher test model not knowing the stocker went to 1100. It was running plenty hot and I'd like to go to another model asap.

Regardless of how a person feels about this kernel or that, the original post clearly states the preferred model. And I know many are checking it for updates too so folks HAVE to be seeing it.

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
so is there a fix for the constant fc after nandroiding with clockwork mod? id love to try this new version out but i backed up my rom and then i went to try and install this and got a constant fc as i mentioned earlier in the day.

I dont know if it's an issue with this rom or not but it's not an issue with the next release...

So should I update or wait for this version?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

You should wait

leonozug

Reaction score

Good for you. This being a modding community many of us like to tinker, so we will always seek for the kernel that works best with the ROM we are using, whether you understand it or not. The kernel I have used in the past doesn't seem to play well with this release, so I've been flashing different ones to see which ones I like. I've never been a fan of P3 kernels, so I opt not to stick with the P3 that came with this release.

I like to tinker with these Roms too obviously, and I understand people like to mess with kernels. I have many times with other Roms. All I'm saying is in the OP it said not to use anything but the kernels recommended for it, and people are posting on here that they changed kernels and the Rom is giving them issues. All I'm saying is sometimes you need to leave well enough alone and listen to the guys who posted the Rom. I have absolutely no troubles with this Rom, no force closes, ringtone changes work, you name it. Best, smoothest and most feature packed Rom I've ever tried. I have a friend running custom Roms on his X and I showed him this 11.26 build and I think he wants his original droid back!! lol

leonozug

Reaction score
leonozug, no offense, but notice how it only says not to post issues possibly resulting from flashing an unsupported kernel. Nowhere does is say not to flash an unsupported kernel under any circumstances. So please don't be smug just because Jamezelle pointed out what everyone should have already read in the OP.

Smug? I wouldn't call it that man. I never said I know more than anyone one else. I just followed what was recommended.

Z

ZeroBarrier

What it amounts to is if you're having kernel related issues, go post those issues in the kernel Dev's thread/forum not here.

Just like you wouldn't post ROM related issues in the kernel Dev's thread/forum.

Nuff' said. :beer2:

joeybarclay

Reaction score
I have never used a miui ROM but I am interested. On old miui ROMs they had very specific flashing instructions. Is there anything I need to know or can I flash this just like a regular ROM?

Z

ZeroBarrier

Flash like regular, make sure to properly wipe before flashing though.

dbuglio

Reaction score
The biggest problem with kernels and MIUI is the constant changing.

First Chevy's then slayer then p3's and we rotate suggested kernels build depending.

Yes, it was totally my fault using a non recommended kernel, the general consensus around the MIUI section up until these latest builds was that Slayers kernels were the superior ones to run, I transfered over myself due to the iptables support that Chevy's did not have. The newest builds bootloop upon Slayers installation so I went back to Chevy's for now.

Let me point out that it says - UNSUPPORTED Kernels: MAY CAUSE WIFI ISSUES, NOT SUPPORTED

I was having no WiFi issues to report at all. Wanted to state my freezing / rebooting issues as well as the high power drain. Nor was I asking for any form of support with these issues, more of a statement of the issues experienced by me then a cry for immediate help. Stating issues using less then optimal kernels should deter any others from having the same issues. I also gave credit to the great dev's knowing that these issues are only temporary.

I'll be running the supported LV P3 kernel until the next release, will post in a few days if the issues disappear.

These forums are for discussion, testing, tinkering and reporting. We all are partial to certain kernels and setups that are different then everyone else's.