Public Beta 0.12.18.0

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was confusing at first trying to set up the new themes. Luckily I found one already set up and i had to ask jamezelle and whiskeycoke on the miui irc about the .mtz format because i had no clue about them lol. 7 zip seems to be the best tool ive found that the miui theming system likes. I used to just send the files to a compressed zip file and when you would load them it would not reboot the phones, but once i switched to using 7 zip everything worked fine. Im glad you like it. Ive made a lot of changes to it since the earlier versions, mainly blackening out a lot of the apps. Also the .mtz themes take longer to load in the new system, so give them a few minutes to load before you cancel loading them.

Haha at least I wasn't the only one that wasn't familiar. I've never even heard of them until it came to MIUI. I have a problem though. I've already had the rollup downloaded, but what do I do from here? The rollup is in .zip format but doesn't open due to an invalid file? And so I tried the add to archive and it said incorrect function so I don't know what I'm missing... And yeah, hope it's cool I snagged those. Always looking for icons I can use with that app. How many custom icons do you have? And do you have one for DroidForums? I have yet to see anyone make one.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haha at least I wasn't the only one that wasn't familiar. I've never even heard of them until it came to MIUI. I have a problem though. I've already had the rollup downloaded, but what do I do from here? The rollup is in .zip format but doesn't open due to an invalid file? And so I tried the add to archive and it said incorrect function so I don't know what I'm missing... And yeah, hope it's cool I snagged those. Always looking for icons I can use with that app. How many custom icons do you have? And do you have one for DroidForums? I have yet to see anyone make one.

You haven't heard of them before because the crazy Chinese made it up lol. Im not sure exactly how to convert those, never tried, but i believe that whiskeycoke updated the rollout today with all of the themes in the .mtz format. Yeah it cool that you kanged those. I don't care ;). And yeah I do have a custom df.net icon. I made it just the other day lol.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
You haven't heard of them before because the crazy Chinese made it up lol. Im not sure exactly how to convert those, never tried, but i believe that whiskeycoke updated the rollout today with all of the themes in the .mtz format. Yeah it cool that you kanged those. I don't care ;). And yeah I do have a custom df.net icon. I made it just the other day lol.

Haha that explains it then. Yeah, I saw them talking about it and apparently he uploaded the wrong thing and had to fix it or something along those lines so maybe I just have to redownload it because it wont let me do anything with the zip for some reason. Haha okay, good. And FINALLY! First one I've seen. I was surprised when no one had included one in their themes since they were posting them on the forum. Not required or anything but I would've thought they would have haha.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haha that explains it then. Yeah, I saw them talking about it and apparently he uploaded the wrong thing and had to fix it or something along those lines so maybe I just have to redownload it because it wont let me do anything with the zip for some reason. Haha okay, good. And FINALLY! First one I've seen. I was surprised when no one had included one in their themes since they were posting them on the forum. Not required or anything but I would've thought they would have haha.

Yeah the easiest thing would to just redownload the rollup and see if they are in the .mtz format. Ive always had a custom df.net icon in my earlier versions, but it was just a filler icon that said Df, I was tired of making icons at the point that one needed to be made lol. Oh and to answer you question from your last post, I have around 110 custom black icons in my theme and all other non themed icons will show up with the black icon border around them.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah the easiest thing would to just redownload the rollup and see if they are in the .mtz format. Ive always had a custom df.net icon in my earlier versions, but it was just a filler icon that said Df, I was tired of making icons at the point that one needed to be made lol. Oh and to answer you question from your last post, I have around 110 custom black icons in my theme and all other non themed icons will show up with the black icon border around them.

But this is where I'm lost. Aren't all of the .mtz inside a .zip folder? Because the folder I can't open to even see if the themes are .mtz. So, if I redownload it and it's a .zip roll up just like the one I have downloaded then I'll be stuck at the same point. Frustrating haha. Ah, I see. I didn't know that. I haven't used any other theme other than the custom rounded icons so far because I like the icons but I've been meaning to try some others. And well, I tried making my own icons and I have no idea how you guys do it. I was gonna add some of my own to the custom rounded icons and I don't even know where you get the images of the app for the icon. Needless to say, I gave up on that haha.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
But this is where I'm lost. Aren't all of the .mtz inside a .zip folder? Because the folder I can't open to even see if the themes are .mtz. So, if I redownload it and it's a .zip roll up just like the one I have downloaded then I'll be stuck at the same point. Frustrating haha. Ah, I see. I didn't know that. I haven't used any other theme other than the custom rounded icons so far because I like the icons but I've been meaning to try some others. And well, I tried making my own icons and I have no idea how you guys do it. I was gonna add some of my own to the custom rounded icons and I don't even know where you get the images of the app for the icon. Needless to say, I gave up on that haha.

Ive never downloaded the rollup before I usually just download the themes individually, but ill download it and see if i can get it to unzip and everything. Yeah when i first made the icons it was a bit@h. It took me like 7 hours to make and resize them individually. That was before I was told about batch resize through gimp that would would taken hours off of the process lol.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just downloaded the rollup and extracted it with no problems with 7 zip. They were all in the .mtz format. All i did was download it, found it on my computer, right clicked on it, went down to 7 zip and clicked on extract to "themerollup\"

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

Ive never downloaded the rollup before I usually just download the themes individually, but ill download it and see if i can get it to unzip and everything. Yeah when i first made the icons it was a bit@h. It took me like 7 hours to make and resize them individually. That was before I was told about batch resize through gimp that would would taken hours off of the process lol.

Yeah, I might just download them individually so I don't have to keep fighting it haha. I don't want them all anyway so it'd be faster. And that's a long time haha. I'm hoping to get into learning how to make them and theming and things like that. But, do you think you could look at some icons and tell me how they made them if I post a link?

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just downloaded the rollup and extracted it with no problems with 7 zip. They were all in the .mtz format. All i did was download it, found it on my computer, right clicked on it, went down to 7 zip and clicked on extract to "themerollup\"

Really? Mine says cannot not open C: blah blah blah as archive when I click that.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Really? Mine says cannot not open C: blah blah blah as archive when I click that.

Yeah, worked with no problems. Im not sure why its not workin for you. I can probably help you with the icons. Just send me the link. All i did for mine was found some already made on the internet, modified them and made some custom ones. It really helps if you have a template for them. I know Jrizzill has a template to help make some rounded icons in his custom miui icons thread.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah, worked with no problems. Im not sure why its not workin for you. I can probably help you with the icons. Just send me the link. All i did for mine was found some already made on the internet, modified them and made some custom ones. It really helps if you have a template for them. I know Jrizzill has a template to help make some rounded icons in his custom miui icons thread.

Me neither. I'll redownload them then. UltraLinx: LowerText Icons
Where'd you find them? And yeah, I tried using his template and that was a no go. I don't know how to get the image on the icon and all of that. No idea where to even start.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Me neither. I'll redownload them then. UltraLinx: LowerText Icons
Where'd you find them? And yeah, I tried using his template and that was a no go. I don't know how to get the image on the icon and all of that. No idea where to even start.

For those icons, the easiest thing would be to make a pic with a transparent background and just the text color of your choice. Then load them with desktop visualizer, free in the market. To get jrizzill to work, find the artwork you want, shrink it down to fit on the icon and once you trim it to fit on the template anchor it to it. The icons I used I found by googleing black icons and found a pack that had a ton of them. Any icons you find will work, you will probably just have to resize them to get them to look good.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does it matter how big the transparent image is? I have one for my dock but that's pretty small. So, he found the images he used? I wonder where.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Does it matter how big the transparent image is? I have one for my dock but that's pretty small. So, he found the images he used? I wonder where.

Yeah in this instance it will matter. You will have to do some trial and error to get it to the right size. No, he probably hand made a majority of his. He has photo shop and knows how to use it. I have gimp and know just the basics lol.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
how do i send a pic?

i click share in gallery and get an immediate FC .... ran fix permissions in ROM Manager