[New!]D1-MIUI-1.3.18.0

cowsquad

Reaction score
could I ask you a question; Do you how to theme the notification bar or something inside miui. Like where do i find info about that, i would like to start theming, well I thought I should ask you. dancedroid
Haha I understand. It's just kind of plain to me. Just a bar at the top and I don't like that the text box and what not isn't the width of the screen. Looks weird.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
could I ask you a question; Do you how to theme the notification bar or something inside miui. Like where do i find info about that, i would like to start theming, well I thought I should ask you. dancedroid
Haha I understand. It's just kind of plain to me. Just a bar at the top and I don't like that the text box and what not isn't the width of the screen. Looks weird.

Yeah, man. There is a theme guide here: [GUIDE] Want to learn how to theme? - xda-developers
I'm sure it could be of use. I started to get into theming a while back but I have no idea what the names are now.

Speaking of which, you could easily make the messaging app in MIUI look like the one in Youlu Address Book. You don't really have to do much for that, you could just swap out the images. After sizing them accordingly but it wouldn't take long at all.

cowsquad

Reaction score
okay thanks, but how do I unzip the app youlu to my computer to swap images, i really want to make my miui mms, exactly like the one on youlu
[/quote]

Yeah, man. There is a theme guide here: [GUIDE] Want to learn how to theme? - xda-developers
I'm sure it could be of use. I started to get into theming a while back but I have no idea what the names are now.

Speaking of which, you could easily make the messaging app in MIUI look like the one in Youlu Address Book. You don't really have to do much for that, you could just swap out the images. After sizing them accordingly but it wouldn't take long at all.[/QUOTE]

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
okay thanks, but how do I unzip the app youlu to my computer to swap images, i really want to make my miui mms, exactly like the one on youlu

Download 7-zip: 7-Zip
It will let you open up the .apk and what not. Once you open it(double click on the app), you'll see some folders. Drag the res folder onto your desktop. That has folders inside with all the different xmls and images that are used in the app. They're grouped in folders(you'll need the one named drawable-hdpi most likely). Do the same with the mms app in MIUI, and swap them. But, they'll be different sizes so use Gimp or something to size them right. Since they're already close, you won't have to worry about losing quality. The only thing you'll have to resize is the blue background on YAB and the text box.

If you can't get it to work or something, I'll do it. But, it's pretty easy. Feel free to ask anymore questions:)

cowsquad

Reaction score
i tried so hard but i couldnt, could you please help out on this

Download 7-zip: 7-Zip
It will let you open up the .apk and what not. Once you open it(double click on the app), you'll see some folders. Drag the res folder onto your desktop. That has folders inside with all the different xmls and images that are used in the app. They're grouped in folders(you'll need the one named drawable-hdpi most likely). Do the same with the mms app in MIUI, and swap them. But, they'll be different sizes so use Gimp or something to size them right. Since they're already close, you won't have to worry about losing quality. The only thing you'll have to resize is the blue background on YAB and the text box.

If you can't get it to work or something, I'll do it. But, it's pretty easy. Feel free to ask anymore questions:)

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no problem. Give me a few minutes, I'm downloading something on my phone and if I try doing other stuff, it will say "download interrupted". Since I'll be changing how it looks inside the conversation, I'll probably theme the conversation list also, just so there isn't mixes of green and blue. Wouldn't look very good haha.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha this may take a little longer than I thought. I'll have to learn how to make .9 images first. Then I can start theming it haha.

kamisan

Reaction score
Class!

No problem:)

DJ you and others like you make for a class act. The help you give shows character. Seriously, all the devs and people working for nothing more than the pleasure of it, our country could learn alot from this.. And the $$ thanks you get here and there are well deserved.

cowsquad

Reaction score
I do agree wwith everything you've said man, he has giving me a lot of knowledge from last night post, thank dj and others, for that nonprofit help
No problem:)

DJ you and others like you make for a class act. The help you give shows character. Seriously, all the devs and people working for nothing more than the pleasure of it, our country could learn alot from this.. And the $$ thanks you get here and there are well deserved.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

wallaby311

Reaction score
I installed the Buuf theme on the previous version and everything was themed nicely (icons, lockscreen etc.) When I applied the theme to the 3-18 version everything themes fine except for the dialer and all icons. Is this a usual occurrence when updating versions?

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Anyone have a clue why my screen will shut off, and then my phone will become unresponsive? After the timeout, when I try to wake it up with the power button, my phone stays asleep no matter how many times i try. I've tried pressing the volume keys and the camera button and sliding the keyboard, but the only thing that works is a battery pull.

I've been having problems with MIUI since after Thanksgiving. The builds before then worked perfectly for me, and it sucks since this is one of my favorite roms