Post Sourcery

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
So if you are like me and still hangs on to this excellent yet fading Rom.. what should be our next stop.. ?

I'm consistently reading the Forum and learning of issues all across the board with GB Roms so i'm lagging with switching. Is there any solid, stable Rom that offers new fun features?

Anything that offers an experience that is comparable to Sourcery.. ? :icon_eek:

Last edited:

MJ5150

Reaction score
I've heard that GB isn't really that great on our D1, so I'll stay right here until someone else comes along and blows us away with cool new features. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

-Mike

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I feel the same way... to switch to a GB Rom seems like buying into some problems.. i actually started thinking about upgrading the phone soon..

Sourcery is still unbeatable..

jev

Reaction score
No big problems for me using cm7, pe5, or ss5.01. The only issue is the occasional 3g drop after a call, but that's not a deal breaker for me. Everything else has been rock solid on my D1.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
As soon as Verizon releases the HTC Thunderbolt, *that* is my upgrade for the year. I've come to the conclusion that my original Droid has about reached the end of it's playing days, and it's spot in my starting lineup (I have three android phones) will be taken by the Thunderbolt. I'm not cutting the D1 from the squad, just moving it to the bench. :)

In the meantime, I'm running Project Elite's GB rom and liking what I see. It's very fast and responsive.

-Mike

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I have been reading issues about 3g drops after calls, sms/mms not getting through, calls not coming through, higher battery consumption, video quality issues, HD quality issues.. and probebly a few more that I'm forgetting.. if I would have to put up with all that just to have my phone displaying an OS version starting with 2.3 I will stick to Sourcery.. anyway features wise it is more advanced then most GB Roms I've been reading about..

I think I might hold back on upgrading until the Bionic comes out..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I have been reading issues about 3g drops after calls, sms/mms not getting through, calls not coming through, higher battery consumption, video quality issues, HD quality issues.. and probebly a few more that I'm forgetting.. if I would have to put up with all that just to have my phone displaying an OS version starting with 2.3 I will stick to Sourcery.. anyway features wise it is more advanced then most GB Roms I've been reading about..

I think I might hold back on upgrading until the Bionic comes out..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Probably a good move on your part, but I'd take a look at the HTC Thunderbolt, when it finally does get released.:)

-Mike

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
If I had to pick one that is remotely Sourcery-esque it would probably be PE.
As Eagle mentioned and thanked, actngrezy from PE was very helpful on the build we all love.
Also it has the update push, which maybe they had worked on together or something.
And they added a brilliant item in 5.02 which is the ability to lock several apps in memory rather than just the home, and since GB is so aggressive this has really seemed to help.
Also it has great themes and themers, as opposed to the new cookie cutter style for the tmobile theme engine that is on UDGB, LGB and CMGB. Very neat idea but minimal theming as of now, though I am sure they will become more as the themers evolve with this new tech.
As for GB issues, every droid is different, so here is a shocker, everyone has a very different experience.
I can say the only and I mean only issue I have had on the latest CM, LGB and PE releases is a rare 3g drop for maybe 10 seconds and if more tap and then tap again airplane in the s galaxy widget and it is fine again.
But, that is just me and my li'l OG.
Yeah he's a bad mofo...shut yo mouth...
No issues with not getting calls, texts or battery issues.
I may just be lucky, but then again I've always been lucky.
Like back in '72 when I put a sawbuck on NixonSucks, the number 5 horse, in the 7th at The Belmont Stakes. A billion to one odds and he won by a nose.
That is why many of you know me as Warren Buffet.
As if, I was born in '73 and the droid seems to be one of the few things I have luck with, well that and the ladies.
Speaking of...ladies?
Gotta go
danceswithbongs

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
If I had to pick one that is remotely Sourcery-esque it would probably be PE.
As Eagle mentioned and thanked, actngrezy from PE was very helpful on the build we all love.
Also it has the update push, which maybe they had worked on together or something.
And they added a brilliant item in 5.02 which is the ability to lock several apps in memory rather than just the home, and since GB is so aggressive this has really seemed to help.
Also it has great themes and themers, as opposed to the new cookie cutter style for the tmobile theme engine that is on UDGB, LGB and CMGB. Very neat idea but minimal theming as of now, though I am sure they will become more as the themers evolve with this new tech.
As for GB issues, every droid is different, so here is a shocker, everyone has a very different experience.
I can say the only and I mean only issue I have had on the latest CM, LGB and PE releases is a rare 3g drop for maybe 10 seconds and if more tap and then tap again airplane in the s galaxy widget and it is fine again.
But, that is just me and my li'l OG.
Yeah he's a bad mofo...shut yo mouth...
No issues with not getting calls, texts or battery issues.
I may just be lucky, but then again I've always been lucky.
Like back in '72 when I put a sawbuck on NixonSucks, the number 5 horse, in the 7th at The Belmont Stakes. A billion to one odds and he won by a nose.
That is why many of you know me as Warren Buffet.
As if, I was born in '73 and the droid seems to be one of the few things I have luck with, well that and the ladies.
Speaking of...ladies?
Gotta go
danceswithbongs

DWB...I *worry* about you! :):)

-Mike

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Ultra I appreciate it.
But so you are aware, there is a whole team of Doctors and other professionals already worrying about me.
So I am covered brother.
But it is nice to have a person, in the State I hate and that hates me right back, care about my well being.
Just for those who don't understand, I went to and am from and live in MICHIGAN, almost sounds like an AA meeting, and Ultra is from our enemy from the South, OH IO!
So it is a mutual respect hatred thing, we still have our uncivil war that I hope will last for years to come.
Stay cool Ultra
danceswithbongs

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Ultra I appreciate it.
But so you are aware, there is a whole team of Doctors and other professionals already worrying about me.
So I am covered brother.
But it is nice to have a person, in the State I hate and that hates me right back, care about my well being.
Just for those who don't understand, I went to and am from and live in MICHIGAN, almost sounds like an AA meeting, and Ultra is from our enemy from the South, OH IO!
So it is a mutual respect hatred thing, we still have our uncivil war that I hope will last for years to come.
Stay cool Ultra
danceswithbongs

ROTFLMAO!! :):)

Too add further spice to the rivalry he speaks of, I spent the first part of my life in and around Columbus, OH - home of Ohio State University, and a place where hating Michigan is a *religion*. I never quite bought into the "hate" thing, as there are a lot of good things the UofM has done over the years. No, I certainly respect them...just not in football.

-Mike

Last edited:

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Oh there is no real hate, except in football, now that is some great hate, you can really get your hate on.
Ultra did you ever see the HBO doc on the rivalry? They really did a good job, even explaining the meaning of the gold football pants given to your outstanding players.
I never knew the story, but thought it was awesome when I found out.
Wait, isn't Columbus, Ohio (Ohio State's Campus), the third ring of hell in Dante's Inferno!?!

danceswithbongsinannarbor

Ultra,
I thought it was, "The" Ohio State University.
Also, since you lived there you probably know the Schottenstein family name. FYI to others, they are huge donors, just put the name in google.
I went to Michigan with two brothers from the family.
Great guys.

Last edited:

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Oh there is no real hate, except in football, now that is some great hate, you can really get your hate on.
Ultra did you ever see the HBO doc on the rivalry? They really did a good job, even explaining the meaning of the gold football pants given to your outstanding players.
I never knew the story, but thought it was awesome when I found out.
Wait, isn't Columbus, Ohio (Ohio State's Campus), the third ring of hell in Dante's Inferno!?!

danceswithbongsinannarbor

Ultra,
I thought it was, "The" Ohio State University.
Also, since you lived there you probably know the Schottenstein family name. FYI to others, they are huge donors, just put the name in google.
I went to Michigan with two brothers from the family.
Great guys.

DWB, I attended Ohio State from 1969 to 1971, but did not graduate. My major back then was political science, but my REAL major was partying. In any event, my father and I had a major argument over "Life Style choices" and he cut off funding, so I never picked up my degree. Not that a degree in Political science would have put me any further ahead in my chosen profession of 39 years (Title Insurance), as it would have been a more or less useless degree. As to the name Schottenstein, the family owned a kind of low cost department store when I lived in Columbus, and the Schottenstein name wasn't attached to the OSU basketball arena until recent years. Yeah, the football rivalry is pretty intense - and a lot of fun! No, I did not see that HBO special you spoke of, but I attended quite a few OSU home games over the years (I *loved* "C" Deck at The Horseshoe) and a number of them were against Michigan. The games at Ann Arbor were always televised, and I remember Woody Hayes going berserk on the sidelines in 1971, ripping up the sideline markers, after Thom Darden intercepted that pass in the 4th quarter. ::shaking my head:: :):)

-Mike

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Just to throw this out there.....I am a Penn State guy.

-Mike

I would love to say I hate your team, but JoPa is so darn cute.
Also the only wins for PSU are the last 3 years when we have stunk.
I hate us more right now, and the 9 in a row to start the history were when I lived near my buddy who loved Penn State and he'd leave the bar by halftime.
And you had some incredible teams those years.
Short and Arrington and like a million linebackers and running backs
fine, I hate state...actually that feels good
lol
big ten football, three yards and a cloud of dust