Post Sourcery

theplantman

Reaction score
Glad you like it. If they ever get the Touchdown problem fixed, I'm in. I think because Touchdown is so large, it couldn't lock into memory probably. My phone is used 90% for my exchange emails. Everything else was good, but that was a deal breaker. Plus, having teenaged sons, I needed texting to work 100% of the time, and it didn't.

What is the Touchdown problem? i don't recall reading about it anywhere..

No notifications of emails, which wasn't too bad but......each time I went and hit "reply" and typed the messdage, it would not send. I would have to save as draft, exit Touchdown, open the Liscense, touch it. Go bach into my drafts, then send,. And no, none of them were on my SD Card.
I too was on PE 5.02 and also use TOUCHDOWN for work. I had no issues what so ever with notifications or sending and recieving emails at all. The issue was with the 3G loss of signal. I had to go back to 4.2, I need to be able to make and recieve calls and any GB ROM on D1 just hasn't been able to fiquire that issue out. Your issue may have been when you had no 3G it couldn't send and recieve? Anyway back on 4.2 and loving it again. I really don't see the difference in speed or performance from GB to FROYO on D1. Other than the poweroff old style TV tube effect on GB which was very cool.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Holy schnikes!
Three strokes below PARick,
I think with 2 teenage boys, you need Lojack and possibly tracking microchips placed just below the medulla oblongata.
Though texting is probably also invaluable, since they can't pull the classic move, I never got your text.
Perhaps in later iterations you'll be able to find something in a size GB.
Though Sourcery is an incredible fallback.

It must be an "individual phone" issue. I've tried three or four of the GB roms on my Droid1 and have had absolutely no problems. I'm currently running PE 5.0.2 for the simple reason that of all the GB roms I've tried, this one is the fastest. Add in the *magnificent* SteamWorks v5 theme, and I'm very happy with my phone's setup.

I'm not dismissing your problems or your solution. We all have to approach things individually, and what works for me may not be the solution for you, but I'm quite happy with this GB rom. :)

-Mike

Glad you like it. If they ever get the Touchdown problem fixed, I'm in. I think because Touchdown is so large, it couldn't lock into memory probably. My phone is used 90% for my exchange emails. Everything else was good, but that was a deal breaker. Plus, having teenaged sons, I needed texting to work 100% of the time, and it didn't.

DWB, I think someone blew out your pilot light. :):)

-Mike