Post Sourcery

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Just to throw this out there.....I am a Penn State guy.

-Mike

I would love to say I hate your team, but JoPa is so darn cute.
Also the only wins for PSU are the last 3 years when we have stunk.
I hate us more right now, and the 9 in a row to start the history were when I lived near my buddy who loved Penn State and he'd leave the bar by halftime.
And you had some incredible teams those years.
Short and Arrington and like a million linebackers and running backs
fine, I hate state...actually that feels good
lol
big ten football, three yards and a cloud of dust

Yeah, there's something about football season that gets my blood stirring. And, this year, we welcome HuskerKate's team into the Big 10. Can't WAIT!

One of the cool things about attending a major university is the chance to literally run into major athletes on the street. In my time at OSU, I had lunch with Jack Taum (a very nice guy, BTW) at a McDonalds, literally bounced off of John Brockington's chest on High Street, and talked to Bill Hoskett (basketball) at an anti-war rally. Ahhh, those were the days. :):)

-Mike

-Mike

Last edited:
OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
So to summarize this thread, Post Sourcery comes Football season.. I guess we will be eating gingerbread with beers..

fishfood

Reaction score
I've tried UD 3.0, LGB, and PE v5, all gingerbread ROM's, and where did I end up? Back at Sourcery 2.2... PEv5 was the best, IMO, but it came with the standard GB problems that I'm not sure any dev can overcome, seeing as they are a problem on ALL GB ROMs, apparently. Not sure if they are issues because we're running them on a D1, or if it's native to GB on all phones. The problems I speak of are the random dropping of 3G after calls, lack of functionality of the native tethering (need an app,) video quality and camcorder functionality, and battery life. In addition, the aggressive task-killing found in GB doesn't mix well with the limited RAM on the D1... so back to Froyo for me, until the TB arrives!

On that side note... GO NOLES!!

donerico

Reaction score
I think Sourcery 2.2 is pretty much the end of the line for the OG. I wish it wasn't so, but I don't see Gingerbread even been on par with Froyo in terms of stability for the Original Droid, and unfortunately all developers are focusing on GB, I don't think we will see another Froyo ROM. So, for me, it looks like it is Sourcery until I upgrade phone towards the end of the year.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I think Sourcery 2.2 is pretty much the end of the line for the OG. I wish it wasn't so, but I don't see Gingerbread even been on par with Froyo in terms of stability for the Original Droid, and unfortunately all developers are focusing on GB, I don't think we will see another Froyo ROM. So, for me, it looks like it is Sourcery until I upgrade phone towards the end of the year.

I wouldn't give up hope on future Froyo roms for the Droid1. Granted, the trend seems to be towards Gingerbread, but I think there are still a few developers out there who have Froyo projects underway. Some of them may end up being as good as Sourcery, you never know.

-Mike

PARick

Reaction score
I flashe PE 5, GB, and after one day could not tolerate it. I would not rec eive texts, my email was wacked. So, I flashed PE 4.2 and love it. No issues. I loved Sourcery, but it did not always play nice with my Droid, which happens sometimes. I do not like nor want a Gingerbread ROM. So, after plaing around, PE 4.2 is my new ROM.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I flashe PE 5, GB, and after one day could not tolerate it. I would not rec eive texts, my email was wacked. So, I flashed PE 4.2 and love it. No issues. I loved Sourcery, but it did not always play nice with my Droid, which happens sometimes. I do not like nor want a Gingerbread ROM. So, after plaing around, PE 4.2 is my new ROM.

It must be an "individual phone" issue. I've tried three or four of the GB roms on my Droid1 and have had absolutely no problems. I'm currently running PE 5.0.2 for the simple reason that of all the GB roms I've tried, this one is the fastest. Add in the *magnificent* SteamWorks v5 theme, and I'm very happy with my phone's setup.

I'm not dismissing your problems or your solution. We all have to approach things individually, and what works for me may not be the solution for you, but I'm quite happy with this GB rom. :)

-Mike

PARick

Reaction score

It must be an "individual phone" issue. I've tried three or four of the GB roms on my Droid1 and have had absolutely no problems. I'm currently running PE 5.0.2 for the simple reason that of all the GB roms I've tried, this one is the fastest. Add in the *magnificent* SteamWorks v5 theme, and I'm very happy with my phone's setup.

I'm not dismissing your problems or your solution. We all have to approach things individually, and what works for me may not be the solution for you, but I'm quite happy with this GB rom. :)

-Mike

Glad you like it. If they ever get the Touchdown problem fixed, I'm in. I think because Touchdown is so large, it couldn't lock into memory probably. My phone is used 90% for my exchange emails. Everything else was good, but that was a deal breaker. Plus, having teenaged sons, I needed texting to work 100% of the time, and it didn't.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Holy schnikes!
Three strokes below PARick,
I think with 2 teenage boys, you need Lojack and possibly tracking microchips placed just below the medulla oblongata.
Though texting is probably also invaluable, since they can't pull the classic move, I never got your text.
Perhaps in later iterations you'll be able to find something in a size GB.
Though Sourcery is an incredible fallback.

-Mike

Glad you like it. If they ever get the Touchdown problem fixed, I'm in. I think because Touchdown is so large, it couldn't lock into memory probably. My phone is used 90% for my exchange emails. Everything else was good, but that was a deal breaker. Plus, having teenaged sons, I needed texting to work 100% of the time, and it didn't.

PARick

Reaction score
Holy schnikes!
Three strokes below PARick,
I think with 2 teenage boys, you need Lojack and possibly tracking microchips placed just below the medulla oblongata.
Though texting is probably also invaluable, since they can't pull the classic move, I never got your text.
Perhaps in later iterations you'll be able to find something in a size GB.
Though Sourcery is an incredible fallback.

-Mike

Actually, I am the one in desperate need of a Lobotomy !

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Lobotomy...easy.
Use the machine from total recall and then don't listen to the doctor in the dream and shoot him and then to quote the good doc, "You'll be lobotomized!"
Foolproof as it was in a film.

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
How do I turn off the regular Gmail notifications? I like the new Gmail Notifier, but I'm getting double notifications.

Thanks GFlam and Eagle! Sorry to see Sourcery shut down. I love it on my Droid.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com

-Mike

What is the Touchdown problem? i don't recall reading about it anywhere..

PARick

Reaction score

-Mike

What is the Touchdown problem? i don't recall reading about it anywhere..

No notifications of emails, which wasn't too bad but......each time I went and hit "reply" and typed the messdage, it would not send. I would have to save as draft, exit Touchdown, open the Liscense, touch it. Go bach into my drafts, then send,. And no, none of them were on my SD Card.