Often imitated, never duplicated! Focused 1.8.6

New to the community having only owned a droid for about a month now. Being a tech nerd I was unable to resist rooting the phone by the end of the second day. Been very hesitant to try several of these roms due to all the random glitches they cause or seem to cause. After reading reviews, dev comments, and support forums for the various roms I started trying the roms out......long story short Rubix is by far the most superior of them all in just about every aspect. The only "glitch" I have is the fc on battery manager but the included toolbox app blows away the stock one anyway. GREAT JOB to everyone that had a hand in making this mod and those of you that keep making it better. My friends with DX's are constantly bugging me to root their stock phones and I always point them your way. Keep up the great work!

Nope, will try that next. No change on laptop by the way. Different machine/cable/updated moto drivers.

try it should do the trick let me know

that's a negatory. same story.

was charging it a via the wall charger a bit before i went with SBF, battery was kinda low. plugged back in to machine and got "USB Mass Storage" for about a second and then it disappeared on it's own - back to no USB connection.

SBF time. dancedroid:frown:

try it should do the trick let me know

was charging it a via the wall charger a bit before i went with SBF, battery was kinda low. plugged back in to machine and got "USB Mass Storage" for about a second and then it disappeared on it's own - back to no USB connection.

bleh, didn't answer earlier, because I had one other idea to try....
I ***think*** I know where the setting is held as to which option (PC Mode, USB Mass Storage, Charge only, etc.) it uses... but it's held in a database. Instead of just copying the file over, I'm copying a HUGE dir with TONS of files/db's (pretty much all the phone settings)... which is taking FOREVER. :(
I may be able to just edit the stupid db file... But I won't know! Until this finishes.. but I have no idea on an ETA. :S

EDIT: Apparently it's always Mass Storage now. No changes, but either option ties up the SD card.

Well, to update the saga first:

It's just getting odd, lol. So I rebooted to SBF it and it said "connect cable". Uhhh, it's connected. So, the one thing I hadn't tried (of course) was the other cable on this machine. Which worked. So I tested different USB ports and the two cables. Then tried the cable I'd been using on the PC on the laptop instead (droid didn't say boo to that scenario). Only the "other" cable worked. Fook me and face palm, it was the cable??

Anyway, ok, awesome! Right?

Sorta.

Now, when I went to see how that was going, I noticed that though it was in "Charge Mode" it said the card was unavailable. K, weird, but I'll set it to "Mass Storage" then back, see what happens. Card was then available before I could set it back to "Charge Mode". And setting it to "Charge Mode" made the card unavailable again. Errrrrrr . . ok. Appears those options are switched, lol.

Debating to just let the settings be backwards or SBF . . . (notice I really don't want to SBF? lol). And to that end, would it be more helpful to for you to troubleshoot and nix off any ROM issue list if I waited until you're done with what you're doing?

By the way, thanks for all the hard work man - didn't mean to just jump in with "hey kid halp kamputer!" mode. So far it's very cool, and haven't seen any other issues as of yet, just this oddy. So if the above helps you, I'm willing to hang out for a bit with a barely broken USB sync for a bit if you have other ideas beyond SBFing.

I ***think*** I know where the setting is held as to which option (PC Mode, USB Mass Storage, Charge only, etc.) it uses... but it's held in a database. Instead of just copying the file over, I'm copying a HUGE dir with TONS of files/db's (pretty much all the phone settings)... which is taking FOREVER. :(
I may be able to just edit the stupid db file... But I won't know! Until this finishes.. but I have no idea on an ETA. :S

Last edited:
Drod2169 I would just like to honestly say thanks for all the amazing things you are doing with this ROM. (Not that I fully understand everything) Comming from a Droid Eris that is wide open and has plenty of good roms the X scene was a little disappointing at first. Once I stuck with and finally understood what I could and couldn't do with this rom my phone is running great fast and stable no FC's and good battery life. Finally I can put my X in my pocket and go and not worry about having any problems through out the day. Great work and good luck in your life.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

EDIT: Apparently it's always Mass Storage now. No changes, but either option ties up the SD card.

Well, to update the saga first:

It's just getting odd, lol. So I rebooted to SBF it and it said "connect cable". Uhhh, it's connected. So, the one thing I hadn't tried (of course) was the other cable on this machine. Which worked. So I tested different USB ports and the two cables. Then tried the cable I'd been using on the PC on the laptop instead (droid didn't say boo to that scenario). Only the "other" cable worked. Fook me and face palm, it was the cable??

Anyway, ok, awesome! Right?

Sorta.

Now, when I went to see how that was going, I noticed that though it was in "Charge Mode" it said the card was unavailable. K, weird, but I'll set it to "Mass Storage" then back, see what happens. Card was then available before I could set it back to "Charge Mode". And setting it to "Charge Mode" made the card unavailable again. Errrrrrr . . ok. Appears those options are switched, lol.

Debating to just let the settings be backwards or SBF . . . (notice I really don't want to SBF? lol). And to that end, would it be more helpful to for you to troubleshoot and nix off any ROM issue list if I waited until you're done with what you're doing?

By the way, thanks for all the hard work man - didn't mean to just jump in with "hey kid halp kamputer!" mode. So far it's very cool, and haven't seen any other issues as of yet, just this oddy. So if the above helps you, I'm willing to hang out for a bit with a barely broken USB sync for a bit if you have other ideas beyond SBFing.

No clue how long this could take.. it might just be stalled too (Just says Paste in progress in Root Explorer... for like the last hour. :S heh).

I'm not even sure if this would help you... but what I was gonna do, is verify that the setting is in here, and see if I can change via patch... just in case yours was corrupt or something.. :S

Well, I've had enough 'droid for tonight and it's charging via PC, just no "charge only" that I"m seeing so far. So I'll let it sit. Update if you get on to something and I'll update if I just can't take it any longer and SBF it. Dropbox works fine for now anyway. :blackdroid:

Quick question about blur apps. I was very disappointed in the camera that came with this ROM, it took horrible pictures and wasn't even close to the stock camera so I found one that someone posted (not sure where) and it was the blur camera packaged by Sephtin I believe. I installed it and it works great, but I thought that blur apps shouldn't work with focused 1.8.6? Im sort of new to this whole Droidx scene and I am still learning quite a bit.

Ok this new update leak. Once vzw release the final version are we able to update or?

Love the new animation in 1.8.9
(Some times a little choppy) wink,wink

I also plugged in USB for the first time after loading this and I got a message letting me know that my battery cannot be charged. In fact, I have a "?" for battery status..I miss something?

Back