uEGv54w.jpg

zKOkRGx.jpg

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Huawei makes some nice looking handsets this one just seems so "meh"......anyone agree?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I like the way it looks. Finally there is a phone that differentiates itself from the crowd. Love the dark one.
Yes but compared to some of their other handsets (Mate S, P8, Mate 7 etc) this one just falls way short. This one falls into their lower end models aesthetics. Very uninspiring

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes but compared to some of their other handsets (Mate S, P8, Mate 7 etc) this one just falls way short. This one falls into their lower end models aesthetics. Very uninspiring

I'm curious how much of that is Google's decision or Huawei?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Those press images aren't that great. The Verge has already posted some hands-on shots of the device. I think they make it look better, but of course, I'm already kinda partial to the look of the device. Like Ollie, I like that they took a chance and did something a bit different that what everyone else has been doing for quite some time now.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/29/9412113/hands-on-with-new-nexus-6p

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus

The only thing I don't like about it is the location of the fingerprint scanner. I would have to reposition the phone every time to unlock the phone.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The only thing I don't like about it is the location of the fingerprint scanner. I would have to reposition the phone every time to unlock the phone.
I've got longer fingers than just about everyone I've ever met, but when I pick up my Note 4, my pointer finger seems to be in that general area, but I agree it'll take some getting used to after having the scanner on the home button of the Note 4. If it works as quick and as well as they claim, I'll be all over it though.

I'll admit that the scanner on my Note seems to have improved after the last update or so, and by quite a noticeable bit, but I'm looking forward to not having to swipe to scan.

Love the idea of the low-powered Sensor Hub (is that what they called it) taking care of sensors and taking strain off of the main CPU too.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I've got longer fingers than just about everyone I've ever met, but when I pick up my Note 4, my pointer finger seems to be in that general area, but I agree it'll take some getting used to after having the scanner on the home button of the Note 4. If it works as quick and as well as they claim, I'll be all over it though.

I'll admit that the scanner on my Note seems to have improved after the last update or so, and by quite a noticeable bit, but I'm looking forward to not having to swipe to scan.

Love the idea of the low-powered Sensor Hub (is that what they called it) taking care of sensors and taking strain off of the main CPU too.

My finger lands there as well, but it is only a fraction of the side of the print. If the sensor is first class then maybe it won't be an issue. If you have to roll your finger all the way over it will require you to reposition the phone.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My finger actually lays pretty flat in that position. I'd take a picture and show you how I hold it, but I only have my phone for a camera right now and I'm not quick enough to beat the shutter.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I would like to have seen it on the side. First world problems!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
My index finger is exactly where they put the sensor. I just noticed that when I pick up my phone.