Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah. While I don't mind flashing stuff, I shouldn't have to just to get the same update that other versions of my phone are getting.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah. While I don't mind flashing stuff, I shouldn't have to just to get the same update that other versions of my phone are getting.

Or just grab an att sim/tmobile/google fi sim for free and/or go on wifi (key is to remove the vzw sim), grab and install the ota, then put the vzw sim back in.

Yes it is stupid that VZW is involving themselves in the process and Google is letting them just to sell pixel phones. Man this is so familiar, can we say "galaxy nexus"?

Google learned from their ways after the galaxy nexus and released two awesome unlocked phones in the nexus 4 and 5, caved again for the nexus 6, went back unlocked for nexus 6P (so it seemed), then caved for the pixel.

In or out Google, either be for the people or roll over like a lap dog. Yet still Apple managed to push otas just fine without VZW or any carrier interference. I was hoping when Google went Pixel that meant the same but nope, the more things change the more they stay the same.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I think that the main problem is Verizon. I'll be jumping to Tmo as soon as i can.:p

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
With the new NMF26F update for the 6P, despite it saying that it supports all carriers except Verizon isn't exactly true. Ive built my latest ROM on NMF26F, and I'm on Verizon with ZERO issues. Literally NOTHING is broken. So why bother to say it doesn't work for VZW if it actually DOES? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
With the new NMF26F update for the 6P, despite it saying that it supports all carriers except Verizon isn't exactly true. Ive built my latest ROM on NMF26F, and I'm on Verizon with ZERO issues. Literally NOTHING is broken. So why bother to say it doesn't work for VZW if it actually DOES? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
On a few different forums there are reports volte doesn't work and connectivity issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I bought the 6P after dealing with the GNex confident I wouldn't have that happen again... Looks like I was wrong to trust Google. Unacceptable.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if they start holding up older devices to get people to upgrade sooner. But then again, why wouldn't the update be held up for the 5X if that were the case.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I would not be surprised if they start holding up older devices to get people to upgrade sooner. But then again, why wouldn't the update be held up for the 5X if that were the case.

5x and 6p aren't the same. There must be something on the 6p that Verizon doesn't like.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know, I was providing a counter point for why Verizon wouldn't be holding updates for older phones. It would be nice if we had some explanation given that our devices are suppose to update alongside the other carriers.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Not even that. Our Nexus devices should update immediately when Google releases. So the 6p is one month behind on security updates thanks to Verizon. So much for BYOD.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
If i hadn't fell in love with the Moto Z Force Droid, i wouldn't even be on Verizon. Yesterday, i went into a Tmo store, and they are willing to pay off my Droid & my wife's iPhone 6S Plus. They would also give us each a $300.00 visa card(in about two to three weeks). We would both have to turn in our phones(they didn't know about my 6P), and my wife would get the same phone, and i would get the LG V20. Funny, but my wife said no, for now. She's tired of switching carriers. I'll try again in a couple of months.:rolleyes::p