7.1.2 Nexus 6P

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Still waiting, I'm on the latest beta currently. I can't tell if it's the beta or if my battery is shot, but it's draining like crazy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Was having the same issue and after I dumped the beta and factory wiped I had the same thing.

I started uninstalling apps to see which was causing the drain. I'll have to see with this update if the issue continues.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It was until I activated it around 3am to see the time.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Whew, I was getting kind of frustrated since I just got this replacement a few months ago. I'm not quite ready to get a different phone yet.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
@androidpolice: Unfortunately, the sudden shutdown bug was only fixed in 7.1.2 on the Pixels and *not* the Nexus 6P. 6P owners will have to keep waiting.

If that tweet from ap is true then great job Google. Way to continue helping out 6p users. Some of us are trying to hold out for the next pixel vs buying one now.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
@androidpolice: Unfortunately, the sudden shutdown bug was only fixed in 7.1.2 on the Pixels and *not* the Nexus 6P. 6P owners will have to keep waiting.

If that tweet from ap is true then great job Google. Way to continue helping out 6p users. Some of us are trying to hold out for the next pixel vs buying one now.

Google doesn't seem to care about devices after 1 year.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Google doesn't seem to care about devices after 1 year.
To be fair the 6p is almost 2 years old and at least continued to get updates. So I'll give them that vs other manufacturers that stops supporting their devices after 8 months.

I just need my phone to help me make it until pixel 2 release without me having to root and flash a ROM.

Surprisingly my Nexus 6 has been running better than my 6P. Makes me wonder if instead of putting all the blame on Google if I should focus some blame on the manufacturer.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
To be fair the 6p is almost 2 years old and at least continued to get updates. So I'll give them that vs other manufacturers that stops supporting their devices after 8 months.

I just need my phone to help me make it until pixel 2 release without me having to root and flash a ROM.

Surprisingly my Nexus 6 has been running better than my 6P. Makes me wonder if instead of putting all the blame on Google if I should focus some blame on the manufacturer.

Updates and support are two different things. The reboot issue has plagued enough devices Google should have made it a higher priority.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Updates and support are two different things. The reboot issue has plagued enough devices Google should have made it a higher priority.
That I agree with.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Makes me wonder what happened to those maintenance fixes that nougat was suppose to bring.

If ever a time for a maintenance fix they sure did have one with these reboot issues.

Yeah @Mustang, you brought up a good point I totally overlooked.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Why was it fixed quickly on the pixie? That's the kicker.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Maybe they want us 6P owners to upgrade to the Prixel, but i won't.:p

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm holding out for the Pixel 2 or whatever it will be called. I just need the 6P to hang on until then..I'm really tired of sub-par battery life in what are suppose to be flagship devices, and the 6P for me from the get go has never had great battery life.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Just received the 7.1.2 update, with the Apr. security patch(N2G47H). Looking good, so far.:p

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now that I have the stable 7.1.2 installed, I definitely see doze working, unlike the beta. Much better.