7.1.2 Nexus 6P

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
6d46910d89e8fe51f095de1b0c17eb41.jpg

With the LG Nexus getting the 7.1.2 beta last month we were wondering what happened to us Nexus 6p owners.

Well got the beta today and the motion gestures that was found on the 5X is not on the 6p.

Looks like the premium Nexus 6p may not be premium in the hearts of Google. This may change which Samsung Chromebook I buy as I beginning to think that it may be more about the long standing familiarity between hardware partner and Google when it comes to longevity. The plus is an arm processor vs the more expensive pro being Intel.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I believe that the Nexus 6P is the best phone that Google ever built, period. I also believe that Google knows this, too. They're pushing a "less than premium" Pixel, at more than premium prices, and the buying public is getting wise to them. If Pixel sales went down, there would be a better quality Pixel 2, or whatever they want to call it. However, there are just as many "Googlesheep" out there, as "iSheep". They will buy the latest Google phone, no matter how much it costs, just to be able to show everyone that they have it. There is a certain website out there, that must be getting paid to endorse everything Google. They have a very large following, and unfortunately, there are many people who believe every word that they say(this website is much more honest). Stay impartial, DroidForums. That's why i'm here, and not there.:p

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I downloaded the update yesterday, haven't installed it yet. I like to see if there are any bugs like the December update brought, that I regret installing a few weeks back. Now they are pulling a page from Apple and holding back features, that's BS. Sure I can root...... but I don't have time for that.

If my next phone isn't a Note 8 it will be Apple, yes Apple and I've been Android since the OG mainly because that's what verizon had to offer. My son switched a couple months back and has no regrets.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
d94f535b12e004c5299a55ea3c0e3306.jpg

Recieved today, includes March security update along with fingerprint gestures and a new radio 3.81 I believe.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I downloaded the update yesterday, haven't installed it yet. I like to see if there are any bugs like the December update brought, that I regret installing a few weeks back. Now they are pulling a page from Apple and holding back features, that's BS. Sure I can root...... but I don't have time for that.

If my next phone isn't a Note 8 it will be Apple, yes Apple and I've been Android since the OG mainly because that's what verizon had to offer. My son switched a couple months back and has no regrets.

What you do is your business. For me, i'll use two tin cans and a long string before i'll buy an iPhone.:p

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
What you do is your business. For me, i'll use two tin cans and a long string before i'll buy an iPhone.:p
I'd go back to a pager before I get any apple product.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Apple hatred is strong in these 2.

I probably wouldn't either, at least with Android (Nexus), at least I could go back to the previous update that worked properly. Still love the 6P, especially the price. Now if Samsung would get the Gear S3 Frontier for Verizon, I would be happy.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I got the official update today with the security patch.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
89ef5b02f4d4b7a8c39ae13b340bdff3.jpg

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Still waiting, I'm on the latest beta currently. I can't tell if it's the beta or if my battery is shot, but it's draining like crazy.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Still waiting, I'm on the latest beta currently. I can't tell if it's the beta or if my battery is shot, but it's draining like crazy.

I dumped the beta because of that. Went to 7.1.1 on Friday, now I have 7.1.2. which I hope isn't the same build #.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I dumped the beta because of that. Went to 7.1.1 on Friday, now I have 7.1.2. which I hope isn't the same build #.
And it's too bad, because the performance on this beta is the best I've experienced on this phone since I got it.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I was seeing screen freezes. And doze wasn't working. So far so good.

69a7cd1f5fee33bd15ee3fed883601c4.jpg

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's one flat line.