Gold though....yeesh

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I went in on one of these, just couldn't resist. Got the 64GB, came in today. I was worried about the gold too, but it is actually not bad. I already ordered a black carbon skin from dBrand, and I have it in a Spigen case now.

Only gold I see is the fingerprint reader on the back. Which is actually a nice contrast.

I see the Note 5 is going for ~ $500 on CL, so it will cover the cost of the 6P. Had some good months with the Note 5, don't mind going back to the Nexus for a bit though. At least until after summer when the new stuff starts rolling out again.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I went in on one of these, just couldn't resist. Got the 64GB, came in today. I was worried about the gold too, but it is actually not bad. I already ordered a black carbon skin from dBrand, and I have it in a Spigen case now.

Only gold I see is the fingerprint reader on the back. Which is actually a nice contrast.

I see the Note 5 is going for ~ $500 on CL, so it will cover the cost of the 6P. Had some good months with the Note 5, don't mind going back to the Nexus for a bit though. At least until after summer when the new stuff starts rolling out again.
I was searching for a topic completely unrelated to this, but then I saw this post and remembered that you kind of went back and forth between the Note 5 and the 6P. Did you end up keeping the 6P, or are you on to something else altogether now?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am running the 6P as we speak. Ended up getting the 64GB aluminum, and love it. The Note 5 is a great device, but hard to beat the 6P. I actually won a Nexus 5X 32GB from Google here in Austin during SXSW and gave it to the wife, she loves it. Great little phone.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
BestBuy had the phone for $499, and they were giving you a $25 gift card. I already had a $50 gift card that I used on the order, so total was around $490.

I sold the Note 5 for $480, so with the $25 gift card, BestBuy paid me $15 to buy the phone. :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
BestBuy had the phone for $499, and they were giving you a $25 gift card. I already had a $50 gift card that I used on the order, so total was around $490.

I sold the Note 5 for $480, so with the $25 gift card, BestBuy paid me $15 to buy the phone. :)

I'm tempted to do the same. I like Samsung Pay, easily the best pay app out. But I am ready to just go back to a nexus.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I'm tempted to do the same. I like Samsung Pay, easily the best pay app out. But I am ready to just go back to a nexus.

I can't commend Samsung enough for how they have progressed. Still, something about a Nexus you just can't beat.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I bought a nexus 6p gold. Was going to sell my note 5 but my brother want it so I'm going to trade it for his moto x pure and sell the pure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Tis a great phone. I ended up putting a bamboo dBrand skin on the 6P and my MacBook, really like it.

egZ99ka.jpg

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I use a clear Spigen case with it. This bamboo actually feels pretty solid, I run naked at work and home, but wouldn't trust it out in the wild I don't think.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I use a clear Spigen case with it. This bamboo actually feels pretty solid, I run naked at work and home, but wouldn't trust it out in the wild I don't think.
Good call. Skins protect from scratches. Definitely not drops on the screen. I have a back skin on mine & had side skins, but I dropped it face down on the sidewalk. I'm expecting my shipping label for screen repair to hit my inbox Monday or Tuesday. $163 & change to have Huawei do it. 10-14 day turn around & they reserve the right to say there's nothing they can do & refund the cost minus shipping.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk