Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Actually that is good to know. Let's face it, the temperature is not going to get any warmer (overall) as we are approaching the colder part of the year. If 40 degrees in a mailbox is causing issues then what will happen when you get into the 30s, 20s, and teens. Yeah, seems like I personally may have to avoid cases that do not separate the power from the volume keys.

edit:
looks like it does separate volume from power. Hmmm why is this now an issue with the 6P and not with the 6?
How close are the buttons on the 6 vs. the 6P? The theory, and it seems to be true from my experience so far, is that the buttons are so close on the phone AND the cases don't have much of a "button". It's just a bump molded into the rubber, if that, so when you press the power and volume down and they're that close together, the rest of the case between those two buttons pushes down the volume up button.

I've done some more testing on my Supcase since I stuck it back on and I almost always have the volume issue EVERY first try I do for a screen shot and then end up getting it to work on the second or third try. It's better than NEVER getting one, but it's still a little bit inconvenient.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
looking at the picture, as I dont have a 6p, they are about the same distance apart and I have never had an issue with my nexus 6 with volume or screen shots.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
UPDATE on screen shots with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid. It appears it's possible to take a screen shot if you push on the very far end of the volume down button.

You can press in the middle of the power button, but have to basically use your thumbnail to push the edge of the volume button.

I tested pushing in the middle of the volume button & the very edge of the power button & it still tries to change the volume instead.

That said, my hands are a bit sweaty right now & this case feels even more slippery than the phone itself. Guess I'm sticking with the Supcase.

I like the slimness of the Spigen & how it REALLY shows off the device, but it's took slick for my tastes if I'm going to put a case on it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
For a slim case the Versus case is real nice. just had to take a file to the charging port opening in the plastic trim piece to get it to work properly.

Other than that a very nice case, and who knows they may have fixed it by now after all the bad reviews on Amazon.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
For a slim case the Versus case is real nice. just had to take a file to the charging port opening in the plastic trim piece to get it to work properly.

Other than that a very nice case, and who knows they may have fixed it by now after all the bad reviews on Amazon.
No complaints with mine other than the tight charging port. They have fixed it though. New case will be here once they get them.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'll keep that in mind. The Supcase is slim too except for the extra cushion at the corners. That part's kinda bulky, but not so much that it bugs me. Can't hurt to have the extra either.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The past 2 or 3 years I have gone through the same old spill of hating cases. Ever since MKHB made his video

I have been trying to ditch the case but then I remember the drops I had with cases and see people walking around with cracked screens I fear taking the chance, especially with a phone I paid cash for.

I look at skins like toastmade and dbrand but realize I might as well go naked as it will not protect against drops. I so hope that just as turbo charging has become the trend from last year, shatterproof is the trend for next year (at least from a standard 6ft drop).

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
The only times I've gone caseless are months, maybe even a year or two after I've had the same phone and I'm somewhat actively looking for a new one. The fear of damaging my current phone becomes less of an issue. I'll never go caseless when my baby is brand new though. Just the other day I was at lunch with some coworkers, and one of them mentioned buying his girlfriend the LG G4 I believe. He had ordered a case for her that had yet to arrive. Apparently she calls him a few days later and tells him she dropped it and it cracked.

Cases are life savers! The feeling of cracking a new phone is too horrible for me to go caseless for an extended period of time.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I thought about running without a case, but this phone is a little slippery when it's cold and my hands are dry. Which makes it tough to manage. I just don't want to add too much bulk.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I was planning to go caseless but the aluminum is really slippery.