New custom lockscreens are up

kamisan

Reaction score
Tried 5 way on 6.10 could not answer calls. Looked cool though. And as just a lock screen it worked. Just not as a phone. So back to working phone lockscreen. Wonder if its the memory needed to work

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
kinfolk248: The zip is not flashable. The zip contains mtz files that you can put in the MIUI/theme directory to change your lockscreen style. So no, these will not work on any other rom other than new versions of MIUI

These will mostly work for 1.6.10 although there is more customizable installation in the theme manager in 1.6.17

DROIID: Yes, you can change the app that the links point to, so if you want sms to point to GV instead of default sms app, it will do that. I don't believe you will get msg count notifications on the icon if you do that though.

Metalspring: I am doing some final testing of 6.17. Had an fc issue on my first trial otherwise I would be posting it now. As far as what has changed, you can find an update changelog at MIUI.us

jeffcicale

Reaction score
The five way lockscreen is the best...I didn't gave a problem answering a call but the name showed up under the time and was unreadable. Running 6.10....

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
The five way lockscreen is the best...I didn't gave a problem answering a call but the name showed up under the time and was unreadable. Running 6.10....

I just wish the lockscreen wallpaper worked on it :( I have a perfect nebula galaxy kinda one that would go around it nicely

aefcd418-261f-06fe.jpg

Maybe I'll just take a look at the theming thread and see how hard it would be to just add it that way

Btw if someone could send that as a request to one of the themers it would be greatly appreciated (I have seen a couple others apply their own wallpapers in the theme manager)

Last edited:

Wolf_Droid

Reaction score
kinfolk248: The zip is not flashable. The zip contains mtz files that you can put in the MIUI/theme directory to change your lockscreen style. So no, these will not work on any other rom other than new versions of MIUI

These will mostly work for 1.6.10 although there is more customizable installation in the theme manager in 1.6.17

DROIID: Yes, you can change the app that the links point to, so if you want sms to point to GV instead of default sms app, it will do that. I don't believe you will get msg count notifications on the icon if you do that though.

Metalspring: I am doing some final testing of 6.17. Had an fc issue on my first trial otherwise I would be posting it now. As far as what has changed, you can find an update changelog at MIUI.us
How do you go about changing the app that the link points to on the lockscreen?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Look on the muiu.us forums, I believe you can put the lockscreen theme on your computer and unzip it and modify from there

jeffcicale

Reaction score

I just wish the lockscreen wallpaper worked on it :( I have a perfect nebula galaxy kinda one that would go around it nicely

aefcd418-261f-06fe.jpg

Maybe I'll just take a look at the theming thread and see how hard it would be to just add it that way

Btw if someone could send that as a request to one of the themers it would be greatly appreciated (I have seen a couple others apply their own wallpapers in the theme manager)

Looks sweet...hopefully it's fixed soon.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nvm on that...they only show different wallpapers in the previews :( they still only display homescreen wallpaper

Tio Gardi

Reaction score
Look on the muiu.us forums, I believe you can put the lockscreen theme on your computer and unzip it and modify from there

I looked, but can't seem to find it. Do you have a link?

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Link to how to use lockscreens on MIUI.us

You can find a link at the top to download all of the custom lockscreen styles that you could unzip and edit. The mtz files are really just zip files.