MIUI.us-Droid-1.6.17.0

zmaster

Reaction score
It is in the installed apps list under manage applications. This is a fresh install with no restored data yet. I moved all the icons around twice and still cant find it....
i had the same, no Market vusial. from Manage programms, find Market then turn on Compatibility mode. Market showed up right there.

jpnestel

Reaction score
I want this rom to work so badly. I love the idea of it and all the customizations but it is so lagging for me. Any suggestions? Or could it just b this rom doesn't play well w my phone?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

mjh68

Reaction score
I want this rom to work so badly. I love the idea of it and all the customizations but it is so lagging for me. Any suggestions? Or could it just b this rom doesn't play well w my phone?

Using stock kernel or custom kernel ? If custom make sure it's playing nice with MIUI. For example, I was always able to use ulow-low v kernels with every rom up until the last 2 weeks I have found that Chevy's med volt kernel works much better for me on MIUI.

dja1980

Reaction score
This build is VERY laggy for me also (stock kernel). I'm getting a lot of FCs and difficulty answering calls. This is the first time I've had lag issues with MIUI.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
This build is VERY laggy for me also (stock kernel). I'm getting a lot of FCs and difficulty answering calls. This is the first time I've had lag issues with MIUI.

Haven't had a lot of FCs. Are you running stock theme?

When you have difficulty with answer calls, does the phone freeze or is it that the lockscreen stays when answering? Just curious for more feedback for future builds.

dja1980

Reaction score

When you have difficulty with answer calls, does the phone freeze or is it that the lockscreen stays when answering? Just curious for more feedback for future builds.
I think the FCs are coming from lag. If I choose the "Wait" option, the phone eventually catches up.

Yes, it's the stock theme, but I did use Theme Manager to change to "Five Target Unlock"... DLed from miui.us.

I've had several different issues answering phone calls. Sometimes my phone will ring, but the display doesn't show that I'm getting a call. Other times it will get stuck on the lockscreen. I've also had issues answering when listening to music.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I am very happy with this week's build. Pretty stable for me. No dropped data **knock on wood**. Awesome work

mkcm97

Reaction score
can't change my homescreen wallpaper, stays black no matter what.

zmaster

Reaction score

I agree, this build is very laggy on my OGD, don't remember last time MIUI ROM was so laggy. I am traveling tomorrow, tried Maps, pretty much unresponsive going into FC while getting directions. Uninstalled back to 1.6.10.1.

lishper

Reaction score
Build is very very laggy for me as well. Came with a fresh wipe from CM7. I keep coming back to MIUI because I do enjoy it's setup, but I'll be getting a new phone once my NE2 arrives. Can't handle the OG Droid anymore. It's frustrating trying to use the phone and get FC's. Same was happening with CM7. Honestly might flash back to Froyo for the next month. I really appreciate the dev's work on MIUI, it's just not playing nicely with my phone anymore, and I don't have much on it to begin with.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks Magiman & TP for another great build! Everything is running real smooth. I’m lovin it…just keeps getting better.

I was wandering around over at Rootzwiki.com and found this post from ChainsDD of Superuser being updated:

Superuser 2.3.6.3 [17 June 2011]

Would Miui benefit from this version?

You should not install this on MIUI. The MIUI devs have created their own superuser apk. They have included fine grain permissions like CM7, but they have implemented in superuser instead of an extra settings app (CM7 Parts in CM7). It will be up to the China devs to update superuser from this point on. Trying to install this on MIUI will probably prevent any apps from gaining superuser (root) access.