Latest Droid Bionic ICS Leak

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
rlewis312010 said:
Same here, only seen hashcode mention it on twitter. WELLLLLL, SamuriHL of HOB fame was talking about rooting .240 and other things that led me to believe he has had it. In my imagination, Hashcode has some inside baseball he can play and get things like a leak before it hits cheesecake servers and maybe a SELECT few have been working on root and other things before it drops on cheesecake. That is a GUESS, I have no facts there, but I know there are some with inside sources at Moto. Not that anyone would confirm nor deny it;-) I like hash and samuri and mattlgroff etc BUT I think they hide some things. Usually for GOOD of the Bionic scene. Like if hash does have .240, he is playing with it to see about root and maybe how kexec will work from it since it would likely be OTA (guessing again). I lived in a state and knew some in the governor's office. I would know budgets and what was raised to the state legislature before my co-workers. Had a friend who managed a Verizon store but that only goes so far. She was actually very fair. I could ask her for information and would know what was coming down the pipe for SOME things (D1 days). Had contacts ALL OVER but in this state, lol, all new ball game.

I HATE being left out of the loop, and if I had contacts I would have these things unlocked. IF there was a way, I would get it and make it look like an "Accident." I can see the headline; "Hacker discovers ingenious angle...systems compromised." When in reality, it could be a leaked HS, lmfao. Still though, Kexec looks promising but I would rather have a device with unlocked bootloader. At this point, may as well sell bionic and go gnex and although I have add posted there was ONE guy who wanted to buy my bionic BUT I could not be without a phone (gnex on craigslist had some for what I can afford but they were GONE when I had a buyer for my bionic). After this, NO MORE LOCKED phone. Has to be unlocked or UNLOCKABLE. Tired of this garbage. "Dude, what is the key...here is how we can 'Arrive' there and make it look accidental." Just me though, and I've done that with other things but no damn contacts at Moto (or TI for Omap stuff).

240 has not been leaked yet it was delayed because of adobe support issues, boot.img file compile and radio architecture updates

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I wanna clear some stuff up in this thread First off, I was expecting that 240 would be released last week due to the presence of the 239 engineering build. I was clearly mistaken. I had heard that the boot img for the next build would be changed, so, a few of us on rombot were discussing what we'd do *IF* the next build blocked root. This somehow got construed as "240 definitely blocks root". Classic case of, um, well....telephone. hehe. :) As you can see, 240 never materialized and word on the street is that ICS for Bionic has been delayed into q4 now. For those not on 235+ I have always maintained that 232 is as high as you should go so that in the end you can FXZ back to 905 and take whatever OTA we end up getting. Those of us on 235+ have a far more complicated path ahead of us. As for the accusation of "withholding information" I try very hard to balance what's been told to me *PRIVATELY* vs what I can and am able to share *PUBLICLY*. I would hope that people can understand that particular balance. Hopefully that clears everything up. If not, let me know and I'll answer anything I'm able to.

As for the root problem above, what have you tried, what error are you getting when you try to root, and how have you tried to fix it? It sounds like you attempted root before but weren't fully successful so any errors you're getting would be helpful in helping you fix it.

Maddog241

Reaction score
240 has not been leaked yet it was delayed because of adobe support issues, boot.img file compile and radio architecture updates

I'm a little confused on the turn of events here. I get the flash support piece, even though flash is supposedly no longer going to be supported on Android. But what was so awfully wrong with the builds that leaked to cause Moto to basically start over? Everyone said that the Bionic builds were better than the Razr build that was made official. If that is true, why the need to revamp to such a degree?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maddog241 said:
I'm a little confused on the turn of events here. I get the flash support piece, even though flash is supposedly no longer going to be supported on Android. But what was so awfully wrong with the builds that leaked to cause Moto to basically start over? Everyone said that the Bionic builds were better than the Razr build that was made official. If that is true, why the need to revamp to such a degree?

Mainly due to changing the builds architecture because of adobe flash support the boot.img an radio also some minor bugs like 4g lock ups caused by system apps an third party apps youtube crashing ect.

Maddog241

Reaction score
Mainly due to changing the builds architecture because of adobe flash support the boot.img an radio also some minor bugs like 4g lock ups caused by system apps an third party apps youtube crashing ect.

The Razr's build was that bad but was approved? Did it have these problems as well?

virgil71468

Reaction score
Sam when 240 + or- comes available I'll test drive it. Not afeard. Fully understanding good and bad on going up to new (untested) leak

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maddog241 said:
The Razr's build was that bad but was approved? Did it have these problems as well?

It had bad adobe support broken webtop an some of the same issues that the bionic build has they dont want to flop the bionics build an they approved the wrong razr build an are patching the one that they sent out to match the one that should have been approved

Maddog241

Reaction score
It had bad adobe support broken webtop an some of the same issues that the bionic build has they dont want to flop the bionics build an they approved the wrong razr build an are patching the one that they sent out to match the one that should have been approved

Thank you for the explanation. I hope this will be worth the wait. I bought my bionic in the middle of my contract which is up in November, so I hope this happens ahead of then.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sam when 240 + or- comes available I'll test drive it. Not afeard. Fully understanding good and bad on going up to new (untested) leak

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

I'll be testing, as well. Once I test it, there'll be a new update installer to support it in the House of Bionic. Or you can add support for any new leak yourself by following a pretty simple pattern. It's well documented how to do it. Very easy.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I think people should think before they launch what looks like a public attack on samurai. If he is told something privately by someone he knows personally he has no reason to disclose anything publicly period...we are not in his personal life this is a forum period!!!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And it's Samuri, not samurai...;)