Newb Needs Help With ICS Leak

Reaction score
GiovanniTheToker said:
I think the battery thing is only happening because it forces the phone to b on 4g. Unless there is a way to put it on 3g only...but I have yet to find a way.

I believe some used the 4g toggle that first came out for the thunderbolt. But when they installed and did it there was no way to get 4g back

Reaction score
SupremePeter said:
I used to be able to go at least 8 hours with my phone, the leak knocked off about three hours off my charge. This is the only downfall to the leak and unfortunately, battery life is one of the things I care about most.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Try doing a battery wipe from advanced recovery options also wipe cache. Mayne that will reset your stats

cervri

Reaction score
Tried twice to install the ICS leak. Both times the install seemed to go OK, but ended up in the "AP Fastboot flash mode (s)(Boot Failure) mode both times. Rooted but temp unrooted with Voodoo. I had gone back to 902 and ota to 905. Any help much appreciated.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I think the battery thing is only happening because it forces the phone to b on 4g. Unless there is a way to put it on 3g only...but I have yet to find a way.
I use the app/widget Extended Controls and have a toggle set up for disabling data altogether. Then when I'm out and about, I just turn 4G and disable WiFi. Toggle next to WiFi is my data, it's off, and you'll notice there's no data icon in the notification bar. It really saves on my battery life in the long run:

no4g.png

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Tried twice to install the ICS leak. Both times the install seemed to go OK, but ended up in the "AP Fastboot flash mode (s)(Boot Failure) mode both times. Rooted but temp unrooted with Voodoo. I had gone back to 902 and ota to 905. Any help much appreciated.
Unroot completely, wipe caches and do a factory reset once you are on 905, then install the ICS leak.

After ICS is installed, use Razer's Edge to reroot your phone.

I was having a similar issue with my brother's phone when I went to put ICS on it, it got stuck in AP Fastboot with CG/CV errors. After I did what I mentioned, it worked like a charm. Hope this helps.

cervri

Reaction score
Unroot completely, wipe caches and do a factory reset once you are on 905, then install the ICS leak.

After ICS is installed, use Razer's Edge to reroot your phone.

I was having a similar issue with my brother's phone when I went to put ICS on it, it got stuck in AP Fastboot with CG/CV errors. After I did what I mentioned, it worked like a charm. Hope this helps.

Installing OTA 905 now...Which caches do I clear. Just have to remember how to get to them. Thank you.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Installing OTA 905 now...Which caches do I clear. Just have to remember how to get to them. Thank you.
Oops my bad I didn't mean to put an S in there. Too much time quoting internet memes. WIPE ALL THE CACHES!

Just wipe the cache in recovery and do the standard factory reset from there also. :) Good luck to you man, ICS is so worth the pain in the ass trouble.

cervri

Reaction score
Oops my bad I didn't mean to put an S in there. Too much time quoting internet memes. WIPE ALL THE CACHES!

Just wipe the cache in recovery and do the standard factory reset from there also. :) Good luck to you man, ICS is so worth the pain in the ass trouble.

OK, All went well. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you....Now...I assume I connect back up to the computer, go into the media mode, then run the BAT file in Razor's Edge to get rerooted..Right?

Reaction score
cervri said:
OK, All went well. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you....Now...I assume I connect back up to the computer, go into the media mode, then run the BAT file in Razor's Edge to get rerooted..Right?

Yes. That's how rooting is done

oDECREEx

Reaction score
GiovanniTheToker said:

Go into dialer and Press *#*#4636#*#*. Click phone info. scroll down and switch to CDMA auto (prl) . Just tried it and, poof. 3g only

Last edited:

tlarseth

Reaction score
The leak is incredible, the interface is amazing and it runs so smooth. The only problem I'm having though is that I'm having a shorter battery life and the Android OS is using 20 percent.

The Android OS is 70% on mine while the display is about 11%. I have noticed that under your installed apps, there is a lot of Chinese social network apps installed, I wonder if we disable them if it would make the OS use less resources.

Reaction score
posd said:
How do you get to advanced recovery

Its an option you get after installing clockwork Recovery after you root and install safe strap or bootstrap which ever you feel more comfortable with.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Yeah but I want to be back on the upgrade path when the official build is released and I won't be able to do that since I don't have a computer to.do it off of:/

The official release won't come out for AWHILE. there is no need to worry about the upgrade path right now. Bionic users have been waiting at least a year for ics to come out and here we are... Still waiting. I'm running this leak soo I have no intentions going back to any other version of android. I probably won't even fxz back to GB if/when the OTA comes out.