5.8.894 offical update before ICS update

Status
Not open for further replies.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
The 5.8.894 update is the official last maintenance update before ICS rolls out to all bionic phones in late January if u have not updated to any leaked ota's u will receive the following updates in the following order before you get ICS ( 5.5.893--> 5.7.893--> 5.8.894--> ICS ). If you go the standard route with the updates via Verizon it will take at the latest 4 months to be fully updated to ICS. Due to the fact that moto is sending out updates in batches an not all in one wave so everyone gets it at the same time if u wish to skip the long route u must have a bare bone stock bionic an u can download the 5.8.894 update from here ( Blur_Version.5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip ) an wait only a month and a half at the most before that sweet OS rolls out to your bionic. dancedroid

( make your bionic a happy bionic )

NickSaul

Reaction score
Sounds good, but have the devs found a way to upgrade from non-stock 5.7.893 --> 5.8.894 yet?

Also, thanks for posting the link.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
The 5.8.894 update is the official last maintenance update before ICS rolls out to all bionic phones in late January if u have not updated to any leaked ota's u will receive the following updates in the following order before you get ICS ( 5.5.893--> 5.7.893--> 5.8.894--> ICS ). If you go the standard route with the updates via Verizon it will take at the latest 4 months to be fully updated to ICS. Due to the fact that moto is sending out updates in batches an not all in one wave so everyone gets it at the same time if u wish to skip the long route u must have a bare bone stock bionic an u can download the 5.8.894 update from here ( Blur_Version.5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip ) an wait only a month and a half at the most before that sweet OS rolls out to your bionic. dancedroid

What you wrote makes no sence. Why would some people get ics in jan and others in 4 months. And why wouldn't moto send out the update to all the users and by what info did u come by that those are all official updates?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
any source for this?

Reaction score
How do you know this, if you don't mind me asking? I'm bone stock (5.5.886) and I wouldn't mind updating to 5.8.894 if I knew for sure that it is the last update before ICS.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
NickSaul;[URL="tel:1885208" said:
1885208[/URL]]Sounds good, but have the devs found a way to upgrade from non-stock 5.7.893 --> 5.8.894 yet?

Also, thanks for posting the link.

if ur already at the 5.7.893 u have to go the long route apparently the leaked updates were actually ota official updates we were just Guinea pigs an the update order is as u see it in my first initial post so u will get the 5.8.894 update but it will be through verizon an so u will have to take long route u have to be bare bones stock for the update i posted because they made it so no cheese cakers could get the update before the quote unquote final product was ready. so dont worry u are still on the update path

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
MyEntityRemains;[URL="tel:1885218" said:
1885218[/URL]]How do you know this, if you don't mind me asking? I'm bone stock (5.5.886) and I wouldn't mind updating to 5.8.894 if I knew for sure that it is the last update before ICS.

i checked with the lead tech support (aka supervisor) an he said my current system version is the latest maintenance update before ICS rolls out an not to worry. Because i asked if if i was still on the update path.

tcayton49

Reaction score
What's the difference between stock, bone stock, and bare bone stock? I'm not sure which I am so any clarification would be helpful.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
oh an the supervisor is the one that says the update will come in batches some people will get the updates before others

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i checked with the lead tech support (aka supervisor) an he said my current system version is the latest maintenance update before ICS rolls out an not to worry. Because i asked if if i was still on the update path.

I mean it does make sense, especially since those 3 have been sitting on the cheesecake servers...

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
tcayton49;[URL="tel:1885230" said:
1885230[/URL]]What's the difference between stock, bone stock, and bare bone stock? I'm not sure which I am so any clarification would be helpful.

bare bone stock= no prior leaked updates or any system updates applied out of the box new
stock= phone being flashed back to original version but the kernel/raido still the same

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
ex0rcist;[URL="tel:1885214" said:
1885214[/URL]]What you wrote makes no sence. Why would some people get ics in jan and others in 4 months. And why wouldn't moto send out the update to all the users and by what info did u come by that those are all official updates?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
sorry for not clarifying it will take about 4 months for everyone to be updated to ICS since the updates come out in batches an not one single wave some people will get the update before others

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Where did you get this update from that is linked ?

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
sst45jeff;[URL="tel:1885469" said:
1885469[/URL]]Where did you get this update from that is linked ?
VIA cheesecake but my phone was bare bone stock thats why i was able to get it the reason why they locked out cheesecakers VIA system check was to only have verizon distribute it as the quote unquote official ota update but got back pulled because the update had a slight bug in it but now they have redone the 5.8.894 update so it installs in stages 5.5.893--> 5.7.893--> 5.8.894--> ICS but i believe the system check is still there on the cheese cake server an wont be fixed till it hits verizon so everyone that installed the leaked updates can install the 5.8.894

Status
Not open for further replies.