Status
Not open for further replies.

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
SgtMajd...I appreciate your posts.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

zirkdog

Reaction score
Try posting a reply that isn't just you parroting your previous threads or posting a link to your previous threads. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the cut and paste links and responses get old.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
zirkdog;[URL="tel:1905890" said:
1905890[/URL]]Your threads are all the same. You (and you alone) know the updates that moto is going to push, their order, and their time frame. Any time someone doubts the info that tech/customer service feeds you, the thread derails and you start a new one.
true but has anyone else taken the time an work the info out of moto most people just hang up when they dont find the answer they want the key here is persistence an working your way around till u find someone with knowledge of what they are doing an know whats going on ;-)

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
RETUSAFNCO;[URL="tel:1905913" said:
1905913[/URL]]SgtMajd...I appreciate your posts.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
thank you but what they say has some truth to it multiple post an hogging of the forum does tend to get annoying :)

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
but anyways back on subject all criticisms have been dually noted please post replys related to the thread thank you

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Listen dude, the issue is your lack of a credible source. Sorry man, you can reassure yourself till the end of Q42012 that since you heard it from a Moto rep, regardless of rank/status, it's legit. When I called about my X2, Moto "tier 2 tech support" told me TWICE that the X2 was released with Gingerbread. The next time I called he told me had no idea what it should be. The forums were EXPLODING with issue after issue that EVERYBODY had. The next time he told me he also didn't know what OS but had never heard of any of these problems (about 2 months after release), but asked if I had done a battery pull. The lid ALMOST popped on that one. From that day forward, I don't believe anything anyone from either company says 100%. We appreciate your theory and it's all in our heads now so at this point only time will tell and you can move on, but I'm going to RE-EMPHASIZE that you don't need to make a new thread about it every time yours gets pushed. It's also interesting you were able to get to this top manager guy or whatever twice within a week when I have never been able to speak to him after calling Moto specifically throughout my phone career. I'm very personable and usually get my way when I call into places like this. Interesting...

It's a fun thought, but based on past Motorola actions, it just doesn't add up. Could potentially make sense, but everything you're saying is very uncharacteristic of phone companies and how they operate OTAs, on top of an already questionable source. Also very unlikely that it would take 5-6 months for every phone to have ICS after its original release on the Nexus this month/January. It has NEVER taken that long. MAYBE 4 months max to get all the stragglers or late comers, but they've already OFFICIALLY said it'll be out by the end of Q1, and I highly doubt this means it'll be released but you might not get it until the end of Q2. Sorry man, but everything you're saying is a 1 in a million chance. Let it rest, we all got it now, just let it happen.

nateohio

Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that Moto has NEVER released updates in the manner this "manager" is describing. 5.5.886-->5.5.893-->5.7.893-->5.7.894-->5.8.894-->ICS all within a few months, that kind of update schedule would usually take at least a year from Moto. <-- Based on historical data, go back and look at the update history for the Droid X/X2, Droid 2/3, Droid Pro, and android phones on other carriers. AND they would NEVER release an OS upgrade to some users but not others as has been discussed. That would cause an unbelievable uproar in the community, the likes of which Moto and Verizon have never seen. I'd bet a years salary that all bionic users get ICS within 2 weeks of each other, including soak testing.

Personally, I think the next update we see will be a direct OS upgrade to ICS in February or March. Possibly April given the delay of the nexus device.

Before you start talking about the problems with radio/kernel compatibility, that issue can be fixed very easily using one of two methods. 1. A "full" upgrade instead of a patch 2. Disabling the checks for kernel and baseband builds in a patch.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
sargentmajord;[URL="tel:1905277" said:
1905277[/URL]]Well i am back on the same subject but i just got off the phone with the manager of moto tech support the verizon 5.5.893 update was just a relief update the 5.8.894 update to fully patch the bionic an all its bugs will be released in the next 30-60 days an is currently in the testing phase. i am currently running the 5.8.894 update an it is amazing the problem is u must be bare bone stock to apply this update if u have applied any leaked updates it will not work. i do not know if it will or will not update if u have the verizon pushed .893 but any leaked ones wont work i have 2 threads on this same subject but it has fallen on closed ears do to skepticisms. but i was told by the moto tech manager (not the supervisor this time i had him transfer me to the manager) that i was head of the verizon release by at least 2 updates if u would like to try the update an read up on it here are the threads that i had started.

(you can download the update from this thread) 5.8.894 update rocks

(an here is another thread i started about the update an ICS if your interested) http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...5-8-894-offical-update-before-ics-update.html

(please make replies related to the thread or questions that people have on this thread)
i have new info regarding the above post i just got off the phone with tier 3 tech floor manager (here is my resource route so u know how i got to talk to the manager) Rep--> tier 2 tech--> sprv--> escalated to teir 3 (they call you in 24 to 48 hrs after reviewing ur case u dont call them or transfer to them)--> tier 3 floor manager. He "Quote stated that the .894 update is the official update being pushed to all bionic user to fix software issues with the phone the 5.5.893 update has caused problems for bionic users (like we didnt know that already with the leaked version) an has been pulled and we are aware of the fact that if anyone applied the .893 update now can not apply the .894 an we are currently in the process fo rectifying the issue Unquote". so it looks like moto got themselves in a bit of a pickle an the .894 update is the official one. OH an the tier 3 floor manager said that the ICS OS has been created by moto they are just trying to figure out what day to release it lol what the heck moto release now an quite beating around the bush.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
i have new info regarding the above post i just got off the phone with tier 3 tech floor manager (here is my resource route so u know how i got to talk to the manager) Rep--> tier 2 tech--> sprv--> escalated to teir 3 (they call you in 24 to 48 hrs after reviewing ur case u dont call them or transfer to them)--> tier 3 floor manager. He "Quote stated that the .894 update is the official update being pushed to all bionic user to fix software issues with the phone the 5.5.893 update has caused problems for bionic users (like we didnt know that already with the leaked version) an has been pulled and we are aware of the fact that if anyone applied the .893 update now can not apply the .894 an we are currently in the process fo rectifying the issue Unquote". so it looks like moto got themselves in a bit of a pickle an the .894 update is the official one. OH an the tier 3 floor manager said that the ICS OS has been created by moto they are just trying to figure out what day to release it lol what the heck moto release now an quite beating around the bush.

That's it, now I know you're full of it. Also, you don't have to say quote/unquote if you're using quotation marks. Please just give up already. Mods don't get mad at me for not being civil or whatever, I mean come on, this is just getting out of hand now...

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
k1ngr4t;[URL="tel:1911927" said:
1911927[/URL]]That's it, now I know you're full of it. Also, you don't have to say quote/unquote if you're using quotation marks. Please just give up already. Mods don't get mad at me for not being civil or whatever, I mean come on, this is just getting out of hand now...
ok i am getting tired of people harping on my post if u have criticisms please keep them to urself. i am going above an beyond spending hrs at a time on the phone with muliple supervisors tech reps an managers. trying to get every bit of info i can out of moto to the bionic community an this is the thanks i get. if u dont believe me then u talk to moto an go the same route i went it will take u about 2 days to get to tier 3 tech but what the heck they will tell the exact same thing i am telling u. what i have posted is an accumulative of 2 1/2 months research an maybe 36 or more accumulative phone hrs of talking to moto as a liason between moto and bionic users to clear up all speculation an rumor since no one else is doing it and i for one dont want to wait for moto to make up there mind on what they are going to do to let bionic user know whats happening so i find out whats happening on my own an dont give up till i get some ligit answer from them not hersay or i dont know answers. so ur welcome

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Alright then, to be fair tell me the EXACT process, word for word + phone number, you went through to get to all these managers and supervisors and tier levels and I will gladly call them and confirm all of this. Three times. I'll even make 3 threads about it.

filthy1

Reaction score
Everyone wants what you are saying to be true and if MAY very well be but we are going on past experience and Moto's history of updates etc...and taking all that in account, chances are what you are saying will not happen the way or the time frame you say it will. we all appreciate your excitement I think that other users are just kind of tired of the boy who cried wolf thing.....so our best bet is to enjoy what we have now(.893), hope that us that upgraded to a leak can stay on the upgrade path, and focus on the Holidays and see what they have up their sleeves for us next year. So please no more speculation, just wait, we will know soon enough

tbb1226

Reaction score
i have new info regarding the above post i just got off the phone with tier 3 tech floor manager (here is my resource route so u know how i got to talk to the manager) Rep--> tier 2 tech--> sprv--> escalated to teir 3 (they call you in 24 to 48 hrs after reviewing ur case u dont call them or transfer to them)--> tier 3 floor manager. He "Quote stated that the .894 update is the official update being pushed to all bionic user to fix software issues with the phone the 5.5.893 update has caused problems for bionic users (like we didnt know that already with the leaked version) an has been pulled and we are aware of the fact that if anyone applied the .893 update now can not apply the .894 an we are currently in the process fo rectifying the issue Unquote".
That's strange, I just received the .893 update OTA this evening. Perhaps this tier 3 tech floor manager whom you cannot call was "QUOTE Full of S&!T "UNQUOTE ??? :D

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
k1ngr4t;[URL="tel:1911999" said:
1911999[/URL]]Alright then, to be fair tell me the EXACT process, word for word + phone number, you went through to get to all these managers and supervisors and tier levels and I will gladly call them and confirm all of this. Three times. I'll even make 3 threads about it.
ok first call the moto 1-800 number an ask the rep to transfer u to tier 2 tech (dont even bother with the reps since they have no idea of whats going on) once u get to tier 2 tech ask about the .894 update an say u are running that update i dont know if u are or not but if u are ur process will be that much easier. they will put u on hold an try to look it up some of the techs will find it and will say its the offical one and some wont be able to find it. (tech skill level is involved when finding this update) if they do or dont say its the latest regardless ask for a sprv an have him/her confirm what the original tech said and ask to have ur call escalated to a tier 3 call. they will review ur case an call u in 24-48 hrs once u talk them do the same thing confirm the .894 then ask for the tier 3 floor manger and have him confirm what the tier 3 tech said an heck if want u can try an go a step further an talk to the internal tech which they have to call u u cant call them or transfer to them. i am currently waiting for there call as we speak so i can get more info about .894 update and ICS.

Status
Not open for further replies.