Motorola Bionic Order

Imprisoned

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forums and this is my first post. I currently have the Droid X which is becoming sluggish and has started to mess up a lot. It's upgrade time so I decided to order the Droid Bionic and it will be here tomorrow afternoon. After reading this forum the last couple days I decided to join and post so I can ask a few questions about this phone.

Am I going to regret this order? I see more returned my Bionic threads than I care to see, is this phone a faulty pos? I see on the Moto website that something thinner,faster,ext coming 10/18/11 which is no question the Razor. I've read these threads that Verizon is excited about the Razor and the up coming prime.

Should I just wait for one of those phones? I'm not a person that has to have the best phone out, I just don't want a faulty pos that will give me constant issues. With the Android platform there will ALWAYS be a better phone out in 3 months just like with a PC.

My main purpose for this thread, is the Bionic a quality phone from a hardware perspective? I went in to a local store and played around with the display unit and didn't notice the screen complaints, maybe my eyes suck I don't know. I'm not asking if I should return the Bionic because a better phone will be out in the next 30, but should I return it because the phone is a low quality build?

If this phones hardware is high quality and you guys feel comfortable it will be updated to ICS in the coming months I'll keep it and be fine with it. The main reason I'm considering return the Bionic after finding this forum last night other than hardware issues is because of ICS.

I'm guessing the Razor will come with ICS, and if not the Razor branding will no question ensure it gets the ICS update. I'm not interested in the Prime if the images are true about it being curved, I just don't like that. Also I want to stick with Moto. One thing I'll say about Moto is my brother in law has the OG droid and his one year warranty expired with Verizon and he called Moto and they told him the Droid phones had a lifetime warranty with them. Long store short he sent his phone to Moto and they repaired it for FREE after it was out of warranty with Verizon for 6 months. That sold me.

Again guys I'm not asking if I should return because something better is coming, I'm asking if I should return based 100% on quality, and ICS. Thanks

cubuff

Reaction score
The bionic should get the ICS update after it has been released I would assume.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

indymale26

Reaction score
they machine the bionic

honestly i think should give it chance, im in same boat as u im getting mine tomm, even though alot people have had alot problems with it, but as well alot other smartphones have problems in the beginning untill updates come out, talked to verizon today and they said early november update to fix problems, soo besides that im still getting mine, i believe that once bugs gone the phone will be a kick ass phone, alot people also say they dont have issues soo far soo i dk,

cubuff

Reaction score
If your not worried about the next "new best " phone I think you will be very happy with it. I have several friends with it who are all happy. Its also looking like its gonba get alot of dev support.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Every phone released has a thread like this of complaints. Don't let that scare you. Mine has been perfect since I got it. Screen is great. Got the extended battery and love it.

No interest in anything other than Motorola. And I have a feeling something about the RAZR will stink. After all the first one did.

OP
Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Reaction score
If your not worried about the next "new best " phone I think you will be very happy with it. I have several friends with it who are all happy. Its also looking like its gonba get alot of dev support.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

I want ICS and I want a phone that works like it is suppose to. Wanting the next best phone is a battle you can't win, unless your rich and can afford to pay full retail for a new phone every 3 months there is no point in trying to keep up.

Reaction score
Mine has been perfect for me to got my bionic a few days after it came out the only thing I didn't like was the screen I came from an x also but the screen has grown on me,,the bionic is the best phone out there rite now,,nothing better, ,I'm sure there will be ones that match it in the future,,but what really on a phone do u need how far can they go,,dual core proccessor,1 gig of DDR ram eight Mega pixel camera, ,and all kinds of other stuff not to mention four g that's faster than some wifi I've seen really how much better can it get and will it get for the next two years the bionic is not gonna be outdated sure they'll be other newer stuff that comes out but it will still be up there in two years

sent from my stock bionic untill cm7 hits

jrshelton13

Reaction score
I think you will be quite pleased with the phone, I have had mine since Sep 18, and am very happy with the phone. I must have got one if the good ones because I have had no issues. I came from the DROID X and this is a huge upgrade. Don't let the negative post discourage your decision, you made a great choice, there are a lot if positive post too!

I think some of the complaints that people have had are legit but I think some are ludicrous. I am not sure what some people expected, but because it didn't transform into an Autobot and defend the world from an alien robot invasion people are upset? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Razr or Prime won't either, (maybe!).

Like some other post have said this is a great piece of gear that will easily last until your next year/two year upgrade. With the dual core, 4G, upgrade to ICS, devs doing what they do, you should be good for awhile!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Reaction score
I think you will be quite pleased with the phone, I have had mine since Sep 18, and am very happy with the phone. I must have got one if the good ones because I have had no issues. I came from the DROID X and this is a huge upgrade. Don't let the negative post discourage your decision, you made a great choice, there are a lot if positive post too!

I think some of the complaints that people have had are legit but I think some are ludicrous. I am not sure what some people expected, but because it didn't transform into an Autobot and defend the world from an alien robot invasion people are upset? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Razr or Prime won't either, (maybe!).

Like some other post have said this is a great piece of gear that will easily last until your next year/two year upgrade. With the dual core, 4G, upgrade to ICS, devs doing what they do, you should be good for awhile!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

If they ever made a Optimus Prime special edition android I'd so be all over that! They made a R2D2 moto droid, would be cool to get a Optimus Prime phone!!

Thanks for the replys guys, I'm sure a lot of the threads about returning are tech guys thinking they have to have the most powerful phone out at the time, always wanting something better. I just want my stuff to work and get dev support and I'm happy.

OP
Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Reaction score
I got the Bionic in today, and I notice the phone runs smooth compared to the droid x. Other than the phone being a tad faster I just don't see a big improvement over the Droid X. I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to keep this phone or go with the Iphone 4S. The Siri software on the 4S is impressive to say the least.

dadsterflip

Reaction score
I got the Bionic in today, and I notice the phone runs smooth compared to the droid x. Other than the phone being a tad faster I just don't see a big improvement over the Droid X. I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to keep this phone or go with the Iphone 4S. The Siri software on the 4S is impressive to say the least.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/10/12/jealous-of-siri-then-check-out-these-android-apps/

Check that out if siri was the reason you wanted aan iPhone 4s.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk