Root and Jellybean

Reaction score
I have read the post about the security feature that ICS has built in to test for root and had a quick question.

The question is if I root my Bionic (on ICS OTA never been rooted) Know will the security in ICS block me from gettting the OTA Jellybean OS update? or is it more for Motorolla to check warranty returns?

dfcfu342

Reaction score
The root checker has always been built into Motorola phones, it just didn't show up on the recovery screen until ICS. So no it won't block any updates.

OP
K
Reaction score
Cool thx for reply I held off on rooting on GB because of the ICS update for months know ICS is out their NWIH im going to play that game again, root here i come lol.

matthimrod

Reaction score
The root checker has always been built into Motorola phones, it just didn't show up on the recovery screen until ICS. So no it won't block any updates.

What's odd is that the root checker on my work phone, which has never been rooted (at least not by me!), says it's currently rooted. I don't think it's all that accurate.

toy4x4

Reaction score
ICS OTA doesn't really check for root per say... However it will fail to load if it detects changes in certain bloatware files and system files... Things people do after they root... that's what tends to be the real trouble... So when Jelly Bean rolls out it will likely be similar...