Verizon .893 not true OTA 5.8.894 to be released in 30-60 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well i am back on the same subject but i just got off the phone with the manager of moto tech support the verizon 5.5.893 update was just a relief update the 5.8.894 update to fully patch the bionic an all its bugs will be released in the next 30-60 days an is currently in the testing phase. i am currently running the 5.8.894 update an it is amazing the problem is u must be bare bone stock to apply this update if u have applied any leaked updates it will not work. i do not know if it will or will not update if u have the verizon pushed .893 but any leaked ones wont work i have 2 threads on this same subject but it has fallen on closed ears do to skepticisms. but i was told by the moto tech manager (not the supervisor this time i had him transfer me to the manager) that i was head of the verizon release by at least 2 updates if u would like to try the update an read up on it here are the threads that i had started.

(you can download the update from this thread) 5.8.894 update rocks

(an here is another thread i started about the update an ICS if your interested) http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...5-8-894-offical-update-before-ics-update.html

(please make replies related to the thread or questions that people have on this thread)

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
All my bugs were fixed with the 5.5.893 update/leak, except my camera is still slow. What bugs does 8.894 fix?

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stelv;[URL="tel:1905342" said:
1905342[/URL]]All my bugs were fixed with the 5.5.893 update/leak, except my camera is still slow. What bugs does 8.894 fix?
it fixes camera performance/focus/quality, enhances data connectivity the .893 update still drops data but its not as noticeable as before where the .894 has no data drops, battery life is increased but only to about 3 hrs more, larger device limit for mobile hot spot up to 10 devices instead of 8, webtop enhancement with more features, and a patch to the gingerbread os still havent seen what they patched yet but looking. and over all performance an stability increase.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stelv;[URL="tel:1905345" said:
1905345[/URL]]Also I am not saying the tech is wrong, but they are often wrong.
i agree with you but the manager asked me how i got the update an asked me to give my opinion of since i am using it in a real life scenario and they want to roll it out asap before the ICS update is ready

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for the info. Did the tech mention when ICS was suppose to drop on the Bionic?

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stelv;[URL="tel:1905402" said:
1905402[/URL]]Ok. Thanks for the info. Did the tech mention when ICS was suppose to drop on the Bionic?
lol they gave me a time line but with big businesses that can change alot they said every one should have ICS on there bionics in 4- 5 months after the 5.8.894 update is released but like i said timelines can change alot in a company do to unforeseen circumstances. but lets keep our fingers crossed

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
sargentmajord;[URL="tel:1905422" said:
1905422[/URL]]lol they gave me a time line but with big businesses that can change alot they said every one should have ICS on there bionics in 4- 5 months after the 5.8.894 update is released but like i said timelines can change alot in a company do to unforeseen circumstances. but lets keep our fingers crossed
what they are trying to do is get the ICS based off the .894 update so they can get it out to us as soon as possible cuz if they keep doing update after update on the gingerbread os we will never see ICS for a long while

jeremym

Reaction score
Moto already said they were releasing ICS the 1st quarter of next year. 5 to 6 months would push it into the end of the second quarter. I know I am skeptical about this as when i call moto they never give any details other than "well there is an update coming but no eta on it yet". You got their road map laid out which is very odd but done it not once but twice. Im sticking with what they push to me until i see an unlocked boot loader where i can play and go back without fear of screwing myself.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
jeremym;[URL="tel:1905633" said:
1905633[/URL]]Moto already said they were releasing ICS the 1st quarter of next year. 5 to 6 months would push it into the end of the second quarter. I know I am skeptical about this as when i call moto they never give any details other than "well there is an update coming but no eta on it yet". You got their road map laid out which is very odd but done it not once but twice. Im sticking with what they push to me until i see an unlocked boot loader where i can play and go back without fear of screwing myself.
ur not reading my post correctly i said that everyone would be updated to ICS in 4 - 5 months after the .894 update is released i didnt give a day when ICS will be released but when everyone should be fully updated by. they said the .894 update will be released in 30-60 days and the ICS could be released 2 weeks after that who knows.

nateohio

Reaction score
Dude how many more threads about this are you gonna write? This is the 4th one now.

Stop spamming the boards by creating new threads just because your thread gets to the bottom of the page.

At least bump the threads you've already written.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
sorry forgot to delete 1 of them but the thread gets overload with things unrelated to it an goes off the track of the original thread plus i get new info from moto so i start a new thread with the updated info

zirkdog

Reaction score
Your threads are all the same. You (and you alone) know the updates that moto is going to push, their order, and their time frame. Any time someone doubts the info that tech/customer service feeds you, the thread derails and you start a new one.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok your criticisms are noted i am just trying to be helpful and not spamming i apologize about that il try an keep it all in one thread instead of multiple lol i am new to threads but not phones an research. (note: i only talk to supervisors an managers at moto not tech/rep cuz they are not privy to the info that the managers an supervisors get ;-) )

Status
Not open for further replies.