Is your droid laggy often like mine?

darreno1

Reaction score
^^Using a good screen protector like that from phantom skinz can be a life saver. At work, my Droid was under a piece of paper and I mistakenly put a printer part on it. Some of screen was sticking out and a metal piece scratched the protector and not the screen. The Phantom Skinz material is very tough for being that thin. I tried ripping one apart and it was a pain to do. Another cool thing about it is it can heal itself from most surface scratches. Had the protector not been there the glass would have surely been scratched. This wasn't a car key, but a rather heavy piece.

Also another benefit of the protector is it's rather fingerprint proof. I don't need to constantly clean the glass any more.

imaROBOT

Reaction score
This wasn't a car key, but a rather heavy piece.

And how often does that happen to *Most* people.....

Pretty much... never.

I have a invishield (or whatever you call it) on my I-Pod and it does help protect it, but it totally makes it look and feel like crap.

It takes away from the elegance of the device. For my Ipod it was only 2 peices one for back and another for front. The shield for the Droid comes with so many different peices I can't imagine it would look very good at all.

I took my time, washed everything and got the shield placed just right. Then only after a month of having it, it started to peel off on one side. Then dust got in.. once that happens it will never come out.

I guess they work for some people, but I would never use one again.. especially on my Droid.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Pretty much... never.

I have a invishield (or whatever you call it) on my I-Pod and it does help protect it, but it totally makes it look and feel like crap.

It takes away from the elegance of the device. For my Ipod it was only 2 peices one for back and another for front. The shield for the Droid comes with so many different peices I can't imagine it would look very good at all.

I took my time, washed everything and got the shield placed just right. Then only after a month of having it, it started to peel off on one side. Then dust got in.. once that happens it will never come out.

I guess they work for some people, but I would never use one again.. especially on my Droid.

I hear ya....Screen protectors are no needed IMHO, unless you know your a klutz....

JFDroid

Reaction score
Relating to the OP's post, my Droid isn't laggy at all. I have recently discovered three dead pixels, but I have a pending account change and so I can't get a new Droid shipped to me by the employee phone team until that order clears (next billing cycle... in two weeks).

Amazon.com's full site loads just fine for me. My notification bar is smooth to pull down, and I have two app updates, an alarm clock (snoozed), a text, and more than 10 emails waiting for me to check them. No lag at all.

I have about 10 applications installed and pulling up the menu bar from the bottom doesn't lag for me either, nor do I experience any lag when I scroll through (there's not much to scroll through though) the apps menu.

The only time I've ever experienced any lag was with the YouTube app... and it was only once and I haven't seen it act that way since. All web pages are smooth for me, not exactly as smooth as the iPod Touch's browser but pretty close, and I don't experience any lag when typing, opening/closing menus, or anything else on the phone. My phone is pretty close to stock Android given that most of my apps that are installed don't run processes unless opened explicitly (amazon.com app, an LED torch app for flashlight use, Facebook, DockRunner, Astrid, an Engadget and Google News RSS reader widget, Pandora, Backgrounds, Astro, and WeatherBug [for the date in the top left of the notification bar :D]).

None of these give me any lag... if you're seeing a lot of lag, maybe really re-examine what apps you need, uninstall the rest, and see what happens. I had Handcent SMS installed, but it did start to lag my phone so I uninstalled it immediately. It's really not that great of an app if it's going to slow everything down and take some of the fun out of the phone. I can do without pretty colors, and please, those iPhone chat bubbles are hideous and low-res and look awful. What I can't do without and what I like is a fast phone with fluid menus and a brilliantly performing OS. My Droid, imo, has that.

darreno1

Reaction score

Are you speaking for *most* people? There a multitude of ways a glass screen can be scratched. I had an iPhone and glass did get slight scratches over a period of time. I can't speak for *most* people but I can speak for those who work in the field and use their phones in places where things like mentioned above can happen. Also for $10.00, it's dumb not to consider one.

And for the person that mentioned invisishield. You don't need to have the entire phone covered. The outside of the Droid is pretty tough (although there's no such thing as too much protection) all that's needed is a cover over the glass. And if done right, you won't even know it's there.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Are you speaking for *most* people? There a multitude of ways a glass screen can be scratched. I had an iPhone and glass did get slight scratches over a period of time. I can't speak for *most* people but I can speak for those who work in the field and use their phones in places where things like mentioned above can happen. Also for $10.00, it's dumb not to consider one.

And for the person that mentioned invisishield. You don't need to have the entire phone covered. The outside of the Droid is pretty tough (although there's no such thing as too much protection) all that's needed is a cover over the glass. And if done right, you won't even know it's there.

Define field use... Union Plumber here and never had an issue with scratching any glass screen...And the screen cut down too much on the sensitivity for my liking...

darreno1

Reaction score

Define field use... Union Plumber here and never had an issue with scratching any glass screen...And the screen cut down too much on the sensitivity for my liking...

Well you're the exception. I happen to know quite a few folks who work in various jobs (it / foreman / inspectors) etc and none of them use their phones without some kind of protection. They know better. And all it takes is one time.

Use a quality screen protector and you won't have sensitivity issues. Mine is no less sensitive with the Phantom Skinz. In fact, it's not even detectable unless held up very close.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Well you're the exception. I happen to know quite a few folks who work in various jobs (it / foreman / inspectors) etc and none of them use their phones without some kind of protection. They know better. And all it takes is one time.

Use a quality screen protector and you won't have sensitivity issues. Mine is no less sensitive with the Phantom Skinz. In fact, it's not even detectable unless held up very close.

I am not the only one on here with this line of thought.....

darreno1

Reaction score

I am not the only one on here with this line of thought.....

So? I'm not the only one with screen protectors either. To each his own.

At the end of the day, who's more protected?

bikerboy

Reaction score
Ok here is what started happeneing to me lately
Typing a text on virtual keypad, it will lag, some letters will be missed, always have to wait .... then delete and correct, anyone else having this ?
Advice please.
Thanks

Big Lou

Reaction score
I don't understand how most people say the menus don't lag. They do... it's kind of well known. Compare it to the Eris, you will see a huge difference in the transitions and scrolling of menus/notifications.

mevans

Reaction score
I don't understand how most people say the menus don't lag. They do... it's kind of well known. Compare it to the Eris, you will see a huge difference in the transitions and scrolling of menus/notifications.

After the 2.0.1 update, the lag is 100% gone. I even uninstalled the Task Killer as I have had no use for it in over a week.