Is your droid laggy often like mine?

ChrisK15

Reaction score
Most webpages are fine, but the home screen has a lot of jitter issues. When you pull out the notification or application trays, it jumps around a bit and it's jerky panning through the three desktop screens. It doesn't matter how many programs are running or how much RAM is free, it just does it. I hope they polish it up a bit in the update.

LordKastle

Reaction score
I don't exactly know the statistics behind the phone but a lot of people do not need an app killer on their phone. Most people who use their phone to surf the internet, text, and call....and who run minimal amounts of apps do not need a task killer. The phone can handle it.

If you run a bunch of apps then I would consider. I like being able to control my phone so if I open the browser (for example), I like to close it with the task manager....just out of habit. Is it needed? No.

For people like us who are on the forum, downloading and using a bunch of apps, then why not download an app killer.

ChrisK15

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, I like using it because I usually run a lot of applications that don't have a "close" option.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No lag issues, no App Killer either.....

mevans

Reaction score
I haven't had too many lag issues and agree that Advanced Task Killer does speed up the overall performance of the OS.

I agree with this. I have noticed that certain apps running in the background make it worse too; Weatherbug and Twidroid being two pretty big offenders.

When I notice choppiness, I open Advanced Task Killer and kill several background tasks and things are back to normal. I've noticed it seems to be the worst when sitting around 30-40MB of RAM free and over a page of apps listed in ATK. When I kill the background apps, I usually wind up with slghtly ovr 100MB free. I personally feel it's a misbehaving app eating CPU cycles rather than free RAM.

NVash

Reaction score
Lately I've been getting a little laggy on my end and I have no clue what's going on. I don't have that many apps installed. Sometimes it runs smooth and sometimes there's a little lag. I always figured it was a problem with the connection to the internet and not the phone.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No lag here... except the occasionally clip... but I find that when this happens it generally smooths out as soon as whatever app I clicked on is loaded. Without ATK my memory seems to be handling itself fine... reclaims memory when it needs it.

Coming from a BB I'm trying desperately to break my OCD memory habit.

NVash

Reaction score
Upon losing a full battery within the span of less that a day Ive come to the conclusion that it has to be Twidroid. I have the thing set to update very three hours but thats too much apparently. So Im going to check it out whenever I get around to it without any notifications and right now theres no lag at all.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I personally feel it's a misbehaving app eating CPU cycles rather than free RAM.

Poorly written apps would be a better description.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i just tried the amazon full site and got no lag what so ever and i have close to 50 apps or so installed.

i get no lag when scrolling though my applications or bringing up the application menu.

i have no lag bringing down the notification bar either.

imaROBOT

Reaction score
I haven't noticed much lag.. to be honest, though this is my first smart phone so I can't compare it to anything.

I notice the little snap/jitter when moving between home screens or pulling up the menu. It doesn't really bother me at all, but it would be nice if they made it smoother some how.

After reading this thread I tried using those task managers/killers. I uninstalled them right after using them. The two I tried did nothing on first impressions. Maybe after using them more I could see a difference, but it didn't seem worth or needed for me.

I'm still hopeful that the update in Dec. will fix most of the problems with the phone... Right now my main beef is with the camera. At least it autofocus now, but the pictures still suck. Rarely do I actually get a good shot..

Twoo

Reaction score
i just tried the amazon full site and got no lag what so ever and i have close to 50 apps or so installed.

i get no lag when scrolling though my applications or bringing up the application menu.

Same here.

I think some people just expect the phones animations to be obscenely flawless and some people just like to complain.

Instead of posting this useless thread why don't you go back to the verizon store and try out their floor demo? Or ask to try one that's new in a box.

Thanks.

uplate

Reaction score

I removed the screen protector after several days of use. Everything is so much more responsive, screen looks better, and I know longer have a problem bringing down the notification bar either.

Twoo

Reaction score
PS: Awesome username. "Nobody says _ _ _ _ about Bob Saget."

I wonder if I was the only one who got your user name, haha.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I removed the screen protector after several days of use. Everything is so much more responsive, screen looks better, and I know longer have a problem bringing down the notification bar either.

theres no need to use a screen protector on a glass screen.... if you do something hard enough to scratch the glass the plastic protector would have failed in the process.