Best Android Touch Screen with No Lag?

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
The ONLY credit I will give to Apple is that the iPhone screen is near flawless with no lag. I have the DROID 1 and it is all Iknow. I briefly touched an EVO at Best Buy and thought it had a better screen than DROID 1. Has anyone seen an Android phone that actually compares to the iPhone in a non-choppy, laggy experience (i.e. when you scroll up or down and changing (swiping) between homescreens)

I am even rooted and overclocked using Sapphire (a great smooth experience), but it still doesn't touch the Apple screen.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
You might consider installing a cache cleaner (free in market), clear out old email (in, out, and especially trash).

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Have done this. I believe I have maximized what my phone is able to do. I am asking about the best Android phone for this.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I have not seen any phone that is as smooth scrolling as the Iphone. Even my 2nd gen Ipod Touch is smoother than my Droid. I am not complaining, it is just a fact.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suggest going to VZW and test driving other devices. Keep in mind that as you use and load software any device will take a hit.

Mike

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Apple has seemed to figure out the smoothness of their phone. I've used an iPhone or iPod touch numerous times and nothing compares to it in smoothness. Imo that's about the only positive of an iPhone and that's nowhere near a good enough reason for me to switch

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

diverbelow

Reaction score
Both phones has their services for the phone to function, I think if the idevice had a true multi tasking abilities like android does, I would think you would see the same thing.

When I power cycle my phone, the phone is fast not choppy or lagging. Opening and closing apps then I see a slow down. Sure I get a little impatient but I rather had true multi tasking for all my apps, then the iOS way.

chaz.ring

Reaction score
Interesting.... I used to like my iphone too.... I've not experienced any lag at all though with my Incredible.... shoot, I think it's even loaded full of stuff too at the moment, and I can't even make it lag on purpose...hmmm

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure lag is quite the right word for what the OP's describing but Apple's screens are much smoother. I suspect a lack of real hardware acceleration on Android is part of it but I haven't really looked into it since it's not a make-or-break item for me.

Detonation

Reaction score
I will agree that the iOS interface is extremely smooth. However I've been very impressed with the Incredible and Sense. I'd vote for that being the smoothest Android interface (on Verizon, the Evo is probably comparable).

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
It is not a make or break for me either--I dont care about cosmetic features. They can only help. I was just wondering what is the closest to what Apple does. Again, really their only thing that impresses me.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the Android OS did not multi task perhaps this would be a non issue.

hgrimberg

Reaction score
The lagginess is an Android design flaw - Android does not use the GPU to rendered the UI like iOS does (hence Android isn't in the same league when it comes to smoothness, responsiveness, and user experience)."

The whole reason for for the sluggish performances is because
android doesn't take advantage of GPU

Noticed all these devices coming out with rocket specs? First it was Nexus One, then Droid, Evo, NexusS, and now the Thunderbolt are now rocking some crazy hardware - still the UI lags compare to ios & windows 7 mobile os.