Lagging Touch Screen

aceofclubs52

Reaction score
Here's my phone set up: I'm running 2.2 Froyo BB V0.4, and I have my set CPU min 600 and max 800 (800 was the most I could, because I Autodetected for my device.)

My phone seems to always be lagging when i'm scrolling through home screens and especially when I open up the App menu. It'll take a second to register that i scrolled, and then jump straight to where I scrolled to instead of sliding through all the apps inbetween. The HTC Droid Eris doesn't have this problem at all, and the iPhone definitely doesn't. My Droid is running at a higher MHz than the iPhone, so shouldn't it be able to process my scrolling quicker?

Is my SetCPU too low? Is there a way to fix the slow touch screen?

warrior21

Reaction score
What launcher are you using? Have you set the transition speed settings in spare parts to fast? You can also flash a new kernel that will bump up your processor speed if you aren't happy with what you have.

OP
A

aceofclubs52

Reaction score
You may hate me for this, but I don't know what launcher I'm using, or how to set transition speed settings, or what a kernel is. I'm not horrible with electronics, I've hacked my PSP and iPod, but this phone stuff is new. If you know of a link that explains what you said, I'll read it and get back to you.