Does anybody else's droid do this?

kennydied23

Reaction score
When I have my droid plugged into a pc, the touchscreen acts weird. When I touch it, sometimes it doesn't register, sometimes it clicks something else on the screen. It also jerks around when I try to scroll.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
When I have my droid plugged into a pc, the touchscreen acts weird. When I touch it, sometimes it doesn't register, sometimes it clicks something else on the screen. It also jerks around when I try to scroll.

it did this when i plugged it into my xbox

dbst

Reaction score
I think it's something to do with your charger, are you using the one it came with?

OP
kennydied23

kennydied23

Reaction score
Well it came with my brother's droid. the one i got didn't even work unless you twisted it the right way.

dast

Reaction score
I'm betting your PC usb port is not supplying enough current to the droid when you have it connected.

The same thing can happen with wall charger cables in some cases. It is very hit-and-miss for different people--experiences differ widely, but the common symptom is the touch screen going crazy just as described.

I've had this problem with certain usb ports on different PCs with certain usb external hard drives that are port powered only. Some of my ports just don't supply enough current for the drive to power on.

OP
kennydied23

kennydied23

Reaction score
I'm betting your PC usb port is not supplying enough current to the droid when you have it connected.

The same thing can happen with wall charger cables in some cases. It is very hit-and-miss for different people--experiences differ widely, but the common symptom is the touch screen going crazy just as described.

I've had this problem with certain usb ports on different PCs with certain usb external hard drives that are port powered only. Some of my ports just don't supply enough current for the drive to power on.

Makes sense since I have an old laptop...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I believe that when your phone is mounted the screen is deactivated.