I'm NOT crazy afterall!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm NOT crazy afterall!
No...

This phone has great potential but in it's current state it is severely crippled.
But you are prone to extreme hyperbole. You clearly haven't used a truly crippled device. Much less a severely crippled device.

If you have never owned another touch device that IS smooth or played with one for reference to know how responsive and fluid a device of this power *should* be, then please do not bother commenting saying anything along the lines of "mine is smooth and works well".
If you have never owned another device that IS severly crippled for reference to know what that *really* means, then please do not bother commenting saying anything along the lines of "it is severely crippled".

:icon_rolleyes:

If you read the reviews about the phone before you bought it, I'm not sure you would have posted this thread at all. That or at least it would be titled something more like
There would be a lot less of these threads on forum sites all over if people would do this. Don't count on things changing. People love to buy on hype and not bother with doing their due diligence first.

Last edited:

LordKastle

Reaction score
There is no lag on the Droid unless you install faulty software on the device. The one downfall of having an open device compared to something like an iPhone is that sometimes one should air on the side of caution.

If we want to compare an iPhone operating system to a Droid's all you have to ask is..what operating system on an iPhone? Oh you mean the one Apple shoves down your throat and dictates what you must do and what you can have? Gotcha...a Droid's OS is more similar to that of a real life computer...but the risks are also somewhat elevated.

I think the lag issue people talk about is actually the design of the way the menu's are designed. It's not supposed to just appear, it's supposed scroll smoothly.

For everyone who keeps referencing the iPhone I BEG of you to please go to AT&T. The phone is a like a child's toy. It's the difference between building blocks and lego's....watch out don't give your 3 year old Lego's....they may choke on it.

Last edited:

vjdupree

Reaction score
There is no lag on the Droid unless you install faulty software on the device. The one downfall of having an open device compared to something like an iPhone is that sometimes one should air on the side of caution.

If we want to compare an iPhone operating system to a Droid's all you have to ask is..what operating system on an iPhone? Oh you mean the one Apple shoves down your throat and dictates what you must do and what you can have? Gotcha...a Droid's OS is more similar to that of a real life computer...but the risks are also somewhat elevated.

I think the lag issue people talk about is actually the design of the way the menu's are designed. It's not supposed to just appear, it's supposed scroll smoothly.

For everyone who keeps referencing the iPhone I BEG of you to please go to AT&T. The phone is a like a child's toy. It's the difference between building blocks and lego's....watch out don't give your 3 year old Lego's....they may choke on it.

Legos have way less lag than this Droid.

kestrel55

Reaction score
anyone notice that video playback even at reasonable kbps rates suffers from choppiness as well?

Last edited:

Newton122189

Reaction score
have fun with that eris and its 3.5 hours talk for battery life, half as much as the droids lol

edit: polish isnt everything...

Silverwing

Reaction score
Same here, there does not appear to be any lag when watching youtube (as in, its high enough FPS for me not to be able to tell the difference between it and my desktop).

meester

Reaction score
btw; if Droid vs Eris pivots around having the keyboard . . .I don't use the one in my Droid. I liked the virtual one; in landscape mode, better. I'm using a Beta of Zetatype now though and that is very interesting. I like ZetaType better than the keyboard but too soon to be definitive vs the virtual landscape keyboard input. In portrait mode ZetaType is best.

albyone

Reaction score
This thread has been an interesting read. Lots of whining about choppy screens, immature software etc etc....

I am graduating from a Windows Mobile 6.1 XV6800.
The Droid with Android 2.0 is a quantum leap compared to what I had. A lot of us are moving from low tech smartphones to the Droid and let me tell you, I can't be happier with this device.

Just the Market Place alone is a marvel compared to downloading WinMo apps to a PC, activesyncing to the phone, transfer and install.... and pray.

The Droid can only get better. At work, I'm surrounded by iPhone-ites.... laughing at my xv6800..... they laugh no more now.

Enjoy the phone..... I am! :biggrin:

jthorpe

Reaction score
The only place I have really noticed a lack of smooth scrolling was in the call log once it builds up to max capacity . That's about it.

Droidovod

Reaction score
try switching off the animations - may help with scrolling speed

Silverwing

Reaction score
So, anybody who has 2.0.1 - has the issue in this thread been resolved, or do all these things still lag? I hope somebody can shed some light, for those of us who aren't lucky enough to get the upgrade for a few more days!

Jason

Reaction score

dieselpowered

Reaction score
I cannot compare the two as I only have the Droid...I know that when I was waiting at the Verizon Store I was playing around with the Eris...The Erix did seem really smooth, not saying I do not like my Moto Droid, but the Eris did see to be a solid piece of equipment. Just my $.02

Silverwing

Reaction score
So, anybody who has 2.0.1 - has the issue in this thread been resolved, or do all these things still lag? I hope somebody can shed some light, for those of us who aren't lucky enough to get the upgrade for a few more days!

You could manually install it now and to me it is a lot smoother

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/7522-manually-update-2-0-1-a.html

Yeah, I'd rather not risk something going wrong and voiding the warranty. So, I will wait to see what others day. But thanks for the link, its very cool that those who are impatient can get their droid updated right away!