Is Gingerbread Officialy coming to Droid X?

binqker

Reaction score
Im sure google will release it. Why would they leave the consumers hanging?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the X, and D2 will get Gingerbread. Past updates for the D1 lead me to believe this will absolutely happen.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
The X as of right now is kind of verizons flagship phone, they would be stupid not to release gingerbread for it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

en28so

Reaction score
I think we will get it, but i'm rooted and the great developement community will port it anyways! Just support the devs with donations like I do.

nybadboy11

Reaction score
I was just wondering, has there been any official news or announcements stating that Motorola is developing Gingerbread and is officially releasing it for the Droid X?

I did a quick search, and didn't find anything official. Just wondering if I missed this.
i just got a app that said gingerbead 2.3 and just downloaded it so we will see

nybadboy11

Reaction score
whats the big deal with gingerbread?by the way im following u on twitter

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I think we will get it, but i'm rooted and the great developement community will port it anyways! Just support the devs with donations like I do.

You have sadly been misinformed. The newer droids from motorola all have locked bootloaders. This means the only thing the dev community will produced is themed stock roms.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

qman66

Reaction score
i think you kingshighway is misinformed. themed stock roms? theres plenty more liek apex rubix. none of these are stock roms. ever heard of droid x bootstrapper?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
i think you kingshighway is misinformed. themed stock roms? theres plenty more liek apex rubix. none of these are stock roms. ever heard of droid x bootstrapper?

He's not totally wrong. With the locked bootloader you cannot load source built ROMs like on the D1. So until Gingerbread is sent out OTA to the X, or D2 for that matter, you won't have a ROM built from it.

Sent from somewhere...