I have a confession

L

leroybrute

When I posted my cf-bench I was above the sgs2. But according to exorcist it wasn't good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Yeah, the drivers are the culprit I think... Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... Plus, if I'm not mistaken, Motos are are on built 2.3.5... There may be something in that build that makes things better???

My Rezound Rocks the Red n Black... Get over it... Now to get this thing rooted

L

leroybrute

yeah, the drivers are the culprit i think... Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... Plus, if i'm not mistaken, motos are are on built 2.3.5... There may be something in that build that makes things better???

My rezound rocks the red n black... Get over it... Now to get this thing rooted

huh?

L

leroybrute

Your quote?

There was no reason for exorcist to say not as good.

My rezound got a higher score than the sgs2 which is top of the list. My stock bionic usually benches close to the sensation on cf-bench. Not even close to exorcist's rooted bionic, rezound, or sgs2.

L

leroybrute

Anyone done a nenamark lately and checked top ten results for rezound? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Just sayin, there may be a performance boost between the 2.3.4 and .5 builds?...

Haven't looked at Nenamark... Gonna look...

L

leroybrute

I see. No performance increase really. Just root related performance increases.

Reaction score
Nena Mark is pretty much all hi end samsungs with standard resolution and the transformer prime. The chunk of 720p phones has the Rezound about 3 or 4 items down...

And the increased ppi? Does anybody know if the increased pixel density pushes the gpu even harder? Or does that only have to do with the physical screen only?

I just think the Adreno 220 is in need of some software recoding because it has moments where its very impressive but it varies so widely sometimes...

Reaction score
I was looking at that wrong I guess? Lol! Whoops! Yeah, I see it now tho... I love my phone, but it can still be pretty hit n miss... And where is my Netflix HD? Can't stand the vertical lines...

xptian

Reaction score
I just got the Rezound coming from D2G. I had been debating phones for weeks going between the Bionic, RAZR, Nexus ,and Rezound. I had an Incredible before my D2G (switched because I lost it and wanted a qwerty.) Ironically I gave the least amount of consideration to the Rezound, but after using it for a couple of days I'm not sure is be willing to trade it in towards a RAZR or Nexus. I have to admit it seems like there won't be as much dev support for the Rezound as the RAZR or Nexus, but I don't think that will bother me. So far I'm really liking this phone and my only miniscule complaint is I haven't been able to reprogram a long press of the "play" button on the Beats to open Vlingo.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Reaction score
I just got the Rezound coming from D2G. I had been debating phones for weeks going between the Bionic, RAZR, Nexus ,and Rezound. I had an Incredible before my D2G (switched because I lost it and wanted a qwerty.) Ironically I gave the least amount of consideration to the Rezound, but after using it for a couple of days I'm not sure is be willing to trade it in towards a RAZR or Nexus. I have to admit it seems like there won't be as much dev support for the Rezound as the RAZR or Nexus, but I don't think that will bother me. So far I'm really liking this phone and my only miniscule complaint is I haven't been able to reprogram a long press of the "play" button on the Beats to open Vlingo.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Welcome to the club...

Yeah, Rezounds publicity was near none existent comparably. They were banking on features, customer loyalty and hands on/word of mouth. It will catch up after while...

As for dev support, its going to be other way around following SOff root. The Razr will always be limited because it will always have an encrypted bootloader. The Nexus will receive support because of its factory unlocked status.

The Rezound, once rooted and SOff will recieve just as much support as the Nexus ie look at the support for the TBolt.

In order from most support to least.

Nexus and Rezound then Razr.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the club...

Yeah, Rezounds publicity was near none existent comparably. They were banking on features, customer loyalty and hands on/word of mouth. It will catch up after while...

Actually the rezound has more real publicity than the galaxy nexus...the rezound has the beats audio commercials and the beats audio branding which is fairly good advertising. However the nexus is more known to people like us that go on android forums, for the average android user the gnex is essentially unknown and doesn't really sound as impressive as the razr or rezound. The nexus's main points are 4.0 ice cream sandwich, unlocked bootloader and overall developer friendly, and 4.65 AMOLED HD screen (to the average user this is all they will care about compared to other phones)

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
You have point there, but the Nexus isn't out yet. So there are barely if ant commercials. But when it does drop this close to Christmas and Verizon reps have this and their Razr as their top phones, the rezound could expect to he pushed to the back just a tad. HTC isn't a huge name these days. Their stock has dropped 20 percent recently. I hope with phones like the rezound and the vivid their funding won't negatively impact the further development of improvements and tweaks on the rezound. The.Nexus will also get fan boy word of mouth boosts. "wow that's a big screen." And then the advertisement begins. But I'm optimistic about the rezound success. Time will tell. It's just that the rezound is so hyped as of now.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk